ToolSteel V2: Meet prep with a purpose

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
It's that time again boys. As many of you are aware I have given up any attempt at being a bber; lifting heavy is just way too much fun an I have absolutely no desire to cut to single digit bf.
Cycle started this week. The basic outline is test e, npp, drol kicker. I won't bore you with the details as this log is more about the training; more on that in a moment. But to sum it up everything needed was on hand before starting.
I have selected my first powerlifting meet. It's an rps event and will be in mid Jan.

Now for the "with a purpose" part:
As most of you saw in pillar's charity post, mickems took a huge step and decided to make the donation and sponsor a member for training. And to my absolute surprise, they chose me.
I cannot explain how much that meant to me, that people I hardly know would see in me that I have the drive and desire to give this everything I've got. It may not be much, but this meet and the prep leading up to it is dedicated to those families the relentless charity is for.

I am currently sitting at ~232 and mid to high teens bf. So this cycle/prep will start off as a hard recomp and moderate bulk keeping me in the 242 class by January. I have been running the cube program in the meantime, and have actually set multiple pr's on squats and deadlift is getting close to where I used to be. There's a long way to go but I see no reason I won't be able to open with 1500.

Pob will be taking over the training in a couple weeks. Let's see what we can do.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Alright, I conceded yet another one gone from the #powerbuilder camp but I still am happy for you. You have some good people to lean on and I can't wait to see where this takes you.

Kill it Brother TS!

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
Good luck homie! F it up! No stops at snap city!

since joining this forum my form on all lifts has made leaps and bounds thanks to all of you guys. Especially pob yelling at me :32 (18):

Reactions: Dex

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Will be following.

thqmas

Elite
Reaction score
Amazing! Really excited for you bro.

Dex

Elite
Reaction score
Sounds good man. Keep up the good work. I can't wait to hit 1000 total and you want to open up with 1500...damn.

Reaction score
Im doing my first PL meet soon too. Definitely interested to see what your training looks like.

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
Im doing my first PL meet soon too. Definitely interested to see what your training looks like.
Updates and progress will be tracked here but program details will be kept between pob and I. I'll only be sharing what I'm allowed to ;)

Jenn, pink,
I promise no sombrero pics in this thread.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Updates and progress will be tracked here but program details will be kept between pob and I. I'll only be sharing what I'm allowed to ;)

Jenn, pink,
I promise no sombrero pics in this thread.

lmao, that actually makes me kind of sad :(

Reaction score
I kinda figured that after reading the other thread. Wouldnt be fair to give details. Still, cant wait to see what you do

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
lmao, that actually makes me kind of sad :(

latest

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
Weight 238.6 this am. Up ~9# in a week. Sugar pills doing work.

Deload week. Then pillar will attempt to kill me.