This a good routine?

Reaction score
I basing my workout routine around my work schedule. I work rotating 12 hr shifts. I used to do twelve sets per muscle group once a week pretty much mon.tue. off thurs and fri. This is my new one. ..... 1st day bi,back.chest,tri 6 sets of 10 reps....2nd day legs 6 sets of 12 reps & shoulders 6 sets of 10 reps... 3rd &4th day rest 5th cardio then start all over..... The reason i pick this is because i dont want to miss out on my twelve sets and where i work i still get a workout cause its labor we make oil pipeline.. So i workout on my work days then get a total relax onmy off days.. I dont workout on my off days cause when i come to work i dont feel my body gets the proper rest.. Give me your input on this routine,let me know if you think its good,sucks or should make any changes.. thanks..

Lulu66

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Can you break it down by exersices, instead of reps per body part.

grind4it

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What is your goal? Bodybuilding, fitness physique, look good naked, etc.

Reaction score
1ST DAY...wide grip curls/close grip curls 3 sets each ...barbell row/lat pulldown 3 sets each...flat bench/incline/decline 2 sets each...skullcrushers/tricep pulldown 3 sets each
2ND DAY different angle of legs ...front/side/behind shoulders 2 sets each... looking to pack some muscle on around my work schedule

Live2Train

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Bro, you aren't doing near enough volume in this routine. I'm sorry to say it, but this is not a good routine man. Check out my routine in this section and you will have a solid routine that your body can't do anything but gain on. It hurts and it takes a lot of hard work and effort, but this routine isn't going to do much for you at all. I'm sorry to be the one to say it man, but the lack of posts should tell you something. Get with me on my routine if you need help understanding how to do shit.