What Motivates You?

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I mean, REALLY motivates you? I love it whenever someone puts their hand on my shoulder or arm and pulls back with a funny look on their face and says "damn" what are you hiding in there? Or when I pull off my shirt and I see girls at the pool elbow their girlfriend... but what REALLY motivates me when I don't feel like busting my balls is thinking about all of those who are not ABLE.... fuck those not willing..... but those who do NOT have the ability. I usually focus on the guy getting out of bed to learn how to walk on his prosthesis or learn how to use a mechanical hand because he chose to serve his country.

What motivates you.... and what REALLY motivates you?

Much Respect,
Vette

Times Roman

Reaction score
being muscular in my 50's. My buddies (some of them) are saying "what's the point". I'm like, the point is, and it sounds like an old army slogan, but to be all you can be. Mind/body/soul. it's an evolutionary thing. As you get older, your body will hold you back. So take care of your body, and your body will take care of you. I have a couuple of friends in their 50's that seem to be ok with not having a sex life. I ask em about it, and they say their women are not interested anymore, and that's ok by them?? I'm like WTF mate! Did you hear what you just said? Almost like saying "bring on death!"

Not only that, but I think I can make it to 100 and still be fairly muscular.

grind4it

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I wish I had pure motives like you brother. Honestly, I like looking good naked, the way my ol lady of 20+ years cums on me when she's riding me. When she's literally getting off being with me. I do this shit for the pussy....pure and simple.

I have a tremendous amount of respect for you brother. From what little I know about you we have a lot in common. At the end of the day I think you are probably a little better person than I am. This is reflected in what motivates us.

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
to not die like my dad, sent to a rest home because he got to weak to get up and go to the can, nobody but me to help him (his wife would not let me bring him home) lay in your own shit your last 7 months.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Looking at my before trt picture. Also I want to live a long healthy life to be around for my daughter as long as possible.

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Looking at victor Martinez. I have to say I'm a huge fan of him. Also I want to look good and be healthy.

Azog

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I look at dudes like Frank Zane and get all fired up. That is what I want. But, like Grind, my motives are pretty damn superficial haha. I am a vain creature. I like nothing more then seeing my body change in the mirror. Seeing my abs become increasingly defined, my shoulders erupting in vascularity and striations, and so on. The progress is what motivates me. The more progress I see, the more I want.

I also love peoples reactions. Like Vette said, when people touch me they realize I'm hard as fuck and are taken aback. Or the looks from the guys at the gym who bust their asses for 2+hours daily (I lift for 40mins tops). I love it when I am getting my flex on in the mirror and they are looking at me with either envy, irritation or just generally think I am a douche. Doesn't matter, it justs makes me flex even more to piss em off haha. Lastly, who doesn't love it when ladies have their eyes glued to you come beach season?

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I want to be able bodied, having something up on the next guy. I want to be better prepared to take care of my family in a time of need. I want my wife to think "he works hard to look like that", I want my kids to say to themselves "my dad has way more muscles than Tommy's dad", I want the hot little coed to think damn I want that guy to pound me into the ground....I digress....

Dtownry

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Great post.

There are a couple things: I have a kid brother who is a professional hockey player. I am 8 years older so I have to make sure the old man can still knock him down once in a while.

Also, never ever will I not be in the condition to carry someone out of the line of fire, no matter how big. Never will I not be able to get someone, or multiple guys to an LZ. I want to be a model for those behind me. Something to strive for.

Finally, just the journey. The putting one foot in front of the other each day in training. The ups, the downs. Staring at that bar with a shit load of weight on it and telling myself "you got this man, you got this." That is what it is all about for me.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I mean, REALLY motivates you? I love it whenever someone puts their hand on my shoulder or arm and pulls back with a funny look on their face and says "damn" what are you hiding in there? Or when I pull off my shirt and I see girls at the pool elbow their girlfriend... but what REALLY motivates me when I don't feel like busting my balls is thinking about all of those who are not ABLE.... fuck those not willing..... but those who do NOT have the ability. I usually focus on the guy getting out of bed to learn how to walk on his prosthesis or learn how to use a mechanical hand because he chose to serve his country.

Much Respect,
Vette

this is a big one because if you put your arm around my waist you feel a band of steel...love that shit! :)

goodfella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Much Respect,
Vette

Right there with you brother. My mother is my MAIN motivation for everything in my life. She use to always go out to fun-raiser's for charity events to help out with raising money for cancer patients or the less fortunate until she had a back surgery that went terribly wrong for her and resulted with her having to go back under the knife for 2 more emergency surgeries to try and correct the mistakes that were made. Today, I have to watch her struggle with life everyday I see her and going from being someone that was so independent and active is very hard to see. Improvements have came, but with a limit. So I feel, I need to go above and beyond in everything I do in life not just for me, but more importantly the person that motivates me the most.

R1rider

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Looking in the mirror and seeing my body transform, the awesomeness i feel after a heavy bad ass workout session, lifting heavy wait and it feels light, setting new PR's, girls eyeing me and the feeling of being the man with the juice running in my veins lol

SAD

Reaction score
Minor motivation - being the biggest, scariest guy when I walk in a room, and then winding up being the biggest, nicest guy in the room.

Major motivation - 2000lb total. That's it, I will total 2000lb raw.

Extreme motivation - being able to protect those that I love. Fuck with my family or other loved ones, and I'll rip your small intestines out and strangle you with them.

RedLang

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Mine is my father. He said to me that being fat is genetic, and that i was stuck with shit genetics and will have the same problems he has. He was an alcoholic and drug addict. He had his first heart attack at 33. I also never want to end up like him. It drives me.

I also want my girlfriend and future children to have a partner and father they will be proud of. Who has passion and drive to do what others make excuses for.

coltmc4545

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
When I see the 65+ guy with that's missing his whole hand doing curls with a barbell, yes, a barbell. When the 78 year old man that has had 2 back surgeries and a knee replacement in 4 years comes up to me and says its young guys like me that motivates him. Met the guy last week and he told me that. I told him its the 78 year olds with a bad knee and back hitting the gym that motivates me. If they can get thier asses to the gym, so can I.

TR90125

Reaction score
I like the sense of control it gives me. I once read a sig line on here that said "he who conquers himself is the greatest warrior". I think about that a lot. As a collective group, humans waste life. Many live in misery and tolerate it, others live in comfort and tolerate that. I think the truly successful of those among us understand the concept of growth. If you aren't somehow better today than you were yesterday you aren't really living life. Weight training is metaphoric to life. Challenge your muscles, actually tear down muscle fiber and they regroup only to come back stronger. It's pretty cool.

Additionally, I like sex. My wife and I will celebrate 23 years in August. I have never been in better physical shape than I am now at 44 years old and she has never been more physically attracted to me than she is now. She started weight training a few months ago. She is getting hot and her sex drive is through the roof.

Last but not least, I have come to love the journey. When I very first started, I focused to much on the results. I would get results and than slack off, foolishly thinking the results would stick around. Now I focus on the process, consistency and viginlance and just know that the results will follow.

I should also add I love this forum.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Mostly pancakes and shamrock shakes... I have something wrong with me that allows me to eat way more than my body will ever need. Training is what has gotten me healthy and keeps me that way.

I also like the idea that I can generate enough force with a punch to easily shatter someones orbital if need be.

Patriot1405

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
About 7 years ago I had a tumor in my colon. Had sharp pains in my stomach for almost a week. Originally thought it was just a stomach virus, turns out my colon was pulling on the tumor to move it along, thinking it was food. Eventually the pulling ruptured the colon and I was now bleeding internally. I was rushed to the hospital. My worst memory was the look on my wife's face as they wheeled
me away for emergency surgery. She knows colon cancer runs in my family, she was crying uncontrollably thinking she would never see me again. I started to cry as well thinking about my life with her and the kids, as they put me under.
Seeing her after surgery, we just held each other and cried. Went home after a week still waiting for the biopsy report on the tumor. Longest week of our lives!! The day the doctor finally calls we were going over my life insurance and going over some paperwork about the house. The tumor was benign!!! You could hear our screams of joy throughout the house!! After that I made it a point to eat right and exercise, now it's a life style!! No turning back!! I'll be 49 this May and married 27 years to my soulmate and I've been blessed with two beautiful healthy children. What motivates me is my desire to spend as much time as I can with the family that God has blessed me with!!!!

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
hot chiks, arnold quotes, and the thought of if I quit I'll be back to 120 lbs like I started. plus being fit or jacked is a rarity these days, feel good to be in that group.

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Mine is not being like the majority of men in our society, who are out of shape, can't breathe when they play with their kids, all the while living in their glory days of high school football and or said sport. I want to be the best version of myself, and will continue to strive for that success.

New Threads