10 Tricks Scammers Use To Fool You!

mugzy

Administrator
Reaction score
This is an old article posted many years ago by the admin of the old bolex forum which is no longer in existence.

1. Fake Emails Referrals

It is not uncommon for people to ask for referrals, scammers have gotten wise to this! The scammer will list referral email accounts for you to contact. The problems is these referral email accounts are really just addition email accounts the scammer has created for the purpose to give positive referrals to anyone that contacts that account in hopes that you will feel comfortable enough to place an order with the source at his “business” email account.

2. Similar emails as monitors or community vets

Scammers are forever trying to setup the perfect situation to take your money. They have figured out that having popular online community members confirming their reliability can go a long way in helping settle any jitters the customer might have. The problem is no popular online community member will ever back them so the scammers setup email account which are similar to the real email accounts a popular community member uses. For example they might add an underscore “_” – user_name@hotmail.com or switch around a couple of letters – username132@hotmail.com instead of username123@hotmail.com. So how do you get around this? Do not get the email address of references from the source. If you do decide to ask for references, which are another topic for an article altogether, always go directly to the popular online community member to confirm what you need to before order.

3. Big minimum order for first timers

You should not have to place a large order at any time, especially on any first time order, that just doesn’t make sense. With any mail order business it is common practice to order small to see that you in fact get what you orders, you get your order in a timely fashion, that there are no hidden fees, etc. Dealing with an online store or source is no different that any other purchase you might be making, you would never give large amounts of money

4. No posts or low posts and try to offer you their extras

I think everyone has come across this at some time, a new member who is offering you their “extras” but you have never heard or communicated with them before! Why would you even risk doing something like this with a total stranger? I always ask myself why that person does not offer their extras to a gym friend or training partner who they know first hand rather than picking a screen name at random, it just doesn’t make sense. This has been one of the latest schemes the scammers have been trying to run. It is not uncommon for people to get contacted by someone who offers them their “extras” but when you look into their online profile, they usually have just signed up and have next to no posts behind them. Many times the scammers will just abandon a screen name and move onto the next screen name looking for other suckers to steal money from.

5. Domestic US or Canadian pharmacy or veterinarian products always in stock with no limit

This is a sure sign of counterfeits! US and Canadian products are very well regulated, sure someone might be able to get a bottle here or there but large volume on a regular basis!?!?! Alarm bells should be going off if you come across this or someone tells you this. There are many high quality, professional “organized” counterfeiting operations currently running in several big cities in North America. These operations can product EXACT copies of many popular products which have even fooled quality control workers at the manufacturing plants! Fortunately many of these operations are using high quality raw materials but just as many of them are not using anything other than cheap raw materials in low dosages which give next to no positive gains. It is really just the luck of the draw and I won’t recommend chancing it when it comes to your body!

6. Unbelievable prices

Like they say if it is too good to be true it probably is! In this day and age it is hard for anyone to miss a chance at extremely cheap prices but at the same time getting ordering cheap products that never show is not a good deal! If you don’t get any products delivered it doesn’t matter how good of a deal you got, it does you no good. Many long term online sources do have higher prices but don’t try to save $5.00 per bottle and end up getting nothing at all.

7. I can get you anything you are looking for

Find out prices and what someone can get before you ask. People say they can get anything in any amount but before you come up with the funds lets see some proof! The sources without lists 99.9% of the time don’t have any products either!

8. Offer references of non-active community veterans

Many scammers are searching old threads for “respected vet” members from yesteryear! Like with anything people move on, especially with fitness/bodybuilding, just look at the gym and think back a few years most of the people fade away from the gym as their lives become more busy and interests change. On the internet scene there are many new faces (screen names) and a lot of the old ones are no longer around. Scammers have started to try to put old vet down as references knowing that these old internet junkies are no longer around but they fool some newbie’s who only look at post count and don’t follow up on checking out their source before ordering.

9. Offer you real references but that reference does not know they are listed!

I have seen this many times in recent years, scammers will get together a list of board members who never gave permission and many times never even talked to the scammer before. The scammer will list a few names hoping you will never follow up, many just see the names and assume the source must be telling the truth! When it comes to your money, it is up to you to do some leg work and research.

10. Give references free products but do not ship to you!

They will supply their references with products in a timely manner in hopes that the reference will help build up their client list. Before you know it the source never sends anything out. Sure you go asking around but in the end you are “SOL” – shit outta luck!

I am sure you are thinking to yourself, hell I would never get taken. You can never be to cautions so do not be so over confident or trusting that you end up regretting it. There is nothing you can do to guarantee you will never lose your money because no one knows for sure what any source will do. We just want to remind you of a few things to keep in mind when thinking about ordering your next cycle.

Ragingmenace223

Reaction score
i think just about everybody has been gotten once and the sad thing is that most prob. didnt know cause they used it anyways... with all the world has come to these days if you are not getting it from your dr or built some kind of re pore with the right people you will never know unless you have it tested. even then people hit hard times and you never know.

I dont know how true this is but i was told that steroids were the most counterfeited drug there is.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Books on...

-Making your own testosterone.....paid $9.99 for a booklet that told me a specific way to masturbate.

-Buying testosterone legally..half price with purchase of book above....suggests building a barn, buying a horse, and the taking the horses’ drugs.

F-you muscle media 2000 for even advertising those scams!

New Threads