Securenym Complies With Court Orders

regular

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Securenym is a US based email provider. Per their help pages they will reveal the contents of account if they receive a court order.

WebMail Folders
Folders pose a serious security risk, as they encourage the user to leave archived messages on the SecureNym servers. Since SecureNym is a security service, this is somewhat of a contradiction of our intended purpose.

As a result, we strongly suggest that subscribers use encryption for their incoming messages. Users may choose either S/mime or PGP, but the contents of the mailbox (and all folders) should be encrypted.

Inbox encryption protects not only the user, but SecureNym as well.
In the event of a court order requiring us to reveal the contents of a mailbox, encryption greatly reduces the risk of sensitive information being disclosed.

https://www.securenym.net/secure/folders.htm

SuperBane

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Wow. I mean what difference is that and gmail at that point? (of running encryption?)

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Wow. I mean what difference is that and gmail at that point? (of running encryption?)

Depends on who wants the data. Most LE agencies won't have the capacity to break the encryption. Dea likely could based on their cozy new relationship with No Such Agency

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've been saying this for years and they have been emailing people back saying they fought sepeanas in the past and will not comply.

Any email system will give you up.

User end Encryption with gmail is better than any system without.

New Threads