First Cycle, First post and First Pin!!!

Reaction score
Well gents Monday was a day of firsts for me! I have run oral only cutting cycles but on Monday I took the bull by the horns and started my first real cycle!

Here is how my cycle is going to shape up.

I started ( from advice of a friend ) by for the previous 2 weeks loading on VAR at 100mg ED leading up to this Monday. Now Monday came around and I dropped the VAR to 60mg ED and started with Test-E 250. I will be running it for 16 weeks pinning 2 times per week for a total of 500 weekly. I will continue the VAR at 60mg ED for another 4-6 weeks also.

I have 10,000 IU of HCG and (Aromasin) Exemestane 12.5mg, (Nolvadex) Tamoxifen Citrate 20mg,(Clomid) Clomiphene Citrate 50mg all in hand also.

now I have done alot of research and still I find myself unsure about a few things and would really like a push in the right direction.

1. Should I let the test build up in my system before I start taking the Aromasin? if so how long? if not, why?.
2. Start HCG now or also wait Until Test levels get a little higher? I will be going for blood work around week 7.
3. I'm super nervous to pin anything that is not my butt. Can I just alternate right cheek--->Left cheek?

Thanks for any help, I was nervous as hell while holding the syringe. I had the shakes worse than Michael J Fox. but I got it done! and its been over 24 hours and I don't have any pain in the injection spot ( my right booty cheek ) cant wait for the weeks to fly by and get my blood test done and see the results.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey you stole my Michael J fox line... that's how I always described my first pin!

Stop taking advice from your friend lol... you don't start the var before the test. You start them at the same time. You are going to have a couple of crappy weeks before the test really kicks in.

1. Wait on the aromasin. It usually takes a few weeks for e2 to rise and symptoms to appear. Take it as needed.

2. For a 12 or 14 week cycle I usually say start the hcg in week 5 or 6. But since you started the var early going a bit earlier wouldn't hurt.

3. Yes you can alternate cheeks. In a few weeks when you get the hang of stabbing yourself you will start feeling adventurous and stick yourself elsewhere. Pinkbear likes to pin his sphincter.

Welcome to UG dude

Reaction score
Hey you stole my Michael J fox line... that's how I always described my first pin!

^^^ LOL, it seemed like a fitting description of how bad my hand was trembling.

Thanks for the advice, damn sucks that I loaded the Var like was I told. Bit of a costly mistake. Oh well live and learn. Good to hear I can just alternate cheeks, once the shakes subside I'm sure I will try another spot.

Thanks for the welcome, been trolling the site for the past week and really enjoyed reading up on the past cycle posts.

HDH

Elite
Reaction score
Not bad for a first. Good luck and welcome.

H

widehips71

Elite
Reaction score
I have a theory about the infamous "test flu" guys talk about usually feeling around weeks 2-4ish. I think it's what happens when someone runs an AI from the beginning when it's not needed yet

kingsamson

Reaction score

Stop taking advice from your friend lol... you don't start the var before the test. You start them at the same time. You are going to have a couple of crappy weeks before the test really kicks in.

1. Wait on the aromasin. It usually takes a few weeks for e2 to rise and symptoms to appear. Take it as needed.

2. For a 12 or 14 week cycle I usually say start the hcg in week 5 or 6. But since you started the var early going a bit earlier wouldn't hurt.

3. Yes you can alternate cheeks. In a few weeks when you get the hang of stabbing yourself you will start feeling adventurous and stick yourself elsewhere. Pinkbear likes to pin his sphincter.

Welcome to UG dude

Agreed with number 1, you may not need any aromasin. I can send you a write up all about e2 sides (low/high) and about ai's

I dont see a need to run hcg unless your coming off or i guess untill your coming off in this case, once the test starts clearing your system(1-2 weeks after last inject), hcg always works its how pros get their girls knocked up.

pinning 2cc ed , rotating cheeks for months no problem , just roll them out once in a while, virgin pin gives pip should go away after first/second pin unless gear is high BA or your just pinning like an idiot lol, does take a little gettign used to at first (i almost blacked out my first pin, hate needles)

Azog

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome and I wish you much gains.

Up'dMyCarbs

Reaction score
Well gents Monday was a day of firsts for me! I have run oral only cutting cycles but on Monday I took the bull by the horns and started my first real cycle!

Here is how my cycle is going to shape up.

I started ( from advice of a friend ) by for the previous 2 weeks loading on VAR at 100mg ED leading up to this Monday. Now Monday came around and I dropped the VAR to 60mg ED and started with Test-E 250. I will be running it for 16 weeks pinning 2 times per week for a total of 500 weekly. I will continue the VAR at 60mg ED for another 4-6 weeks also.

I have 10,000 IU of HCG and (Aromasin) Exemestane 12.5mg, (Nolvadex) Tamoxifen Citrate 20mg,(Clomid) Clomiphene Citrate 50mg all in hand also.

now I have done alot of research and still I find myself unsure about a few things and would really like a push in the right direction.

1. Should I let the test build up in my system before I start taking the Aromasin? if so how long? if not, why?.
2. Start HCG now or also wait Until Test levels get a little higher? I will be going for blood work around week 7.
3. I'm super nervous to pin anything that is not my butt. Can I just alternate right cheek--->Left cheek?

Thanks for any help, I was nervous as hell while holding the syringe. I had the shakes worse than Michael J Fox. but I got it done! and its been over 24 hours and I don't have any pain in the injection spot ( my right booty cheek ) cant wait for the weeks to fly by and get my blood test done and see the results.

Welcome to the darkside brother, you are now in the realms of half nattiness, my favorite nattys XD

Having said that, you literally copied my cycle bro :). I'm doing almost the exact same cycle and this happens to be my first cycle as well I am just 1 week ahead of you. You can go to the post I made just below your post. It has some information on the typical noob questions you may have, I actually asked a lot of questions in my post and many people helped me out, which is great. Shootouts to Pillar and HDH, great fellas.

In respect to your questions, Ill just leave them to the big boys, good luck on your cycle. Do post some updates.

Lastly, did you experience any kind of PIP (post injection pain), just wondering cause I wanted to compare mine to another beginner as well.

Beefcake

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
First pins and PIP. Funny reminds me of my first time pinning. You will have some pain afterwards, usually the next day or two. It does go away and gets less painful as you pin. Sometimes the area may bruise up a little, other times when you pull the needle out you may have a gusher of blood coming out. Not to worry, it's normal, you just hit a vein on the way out. Glutes are the best to pin. Quads are okay if you don't hit a vein or nerve. Hitting a nerve sucks, trust me. For a first cycle with test, a HCG blast before PCT will be gtg.

Welcome to the dark side. How about some staats, age, experience, goals, etc.

Paolos

Reaction score
Good job and welcome to the club. Be patient and give it time to work and you will see results. Don't forget about
priority #1 Nutrition!!!

Reaction score
Welcome to the darkside brother, you are now in the realms of half nattiness, my favorite nattys XD

Having said that, you literally copied my cycle bro :). I'm doing almost the exact same cycle and this happens to be my first cycle as well I am just 1 week ahead of you. You can go to the post I made just below your post. It has some information on the typical noob questions you may have, I actually asked a lot of questions in my post and many people helped me out, which is great. Shootouts to Pillar and HDH, great fellas.

In respect to your questions, Ill just leave them to the big boys, good luck on your cycle. Do post some updates.

Lastly, did you experience any kind of PIP (post injection pain), just wondering cause I wanted to compare mine to another beginner as well.

I have read through your entire post a few times actually. It was a good read and I keep checking back to see updates on how your next injection with the same Test that gave you so much pain will go. As for pain where I injected, I may have jumped the gun saying it was PIP free. I woke up this morning and my right cheek ( where I injected ) felt a little tender. Nothing major just feels like when you poke a bruise. It will not stop my workouts that's for sure.

wabbitt

Elite
Reaction score
I've never really had any pain from test e, even on my first few injections. Of course, someone else did my first one for me. That shaking you mentioned probably did a little damage to the tissue, hence the pain. It will get easier.

curtisvill

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the darkside. I hope your gains exceed your expectations. Please keep us updated.

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
Pinkbear likes to pin his sphincter.

cdn-media.nationaljournal.com_.jpeg

Franklin Yeti

Reaction score
Good points here. I to am looking at my first cycle and these points help.

Reaction score
Good points here. I to am looking at my first cycle and these points help.

there are tons of great posts on this site and sooo many helpful people. Its a great resource to prepare for your first cycle. Just read up as much as you can. Best of luck bro.

Reaction score
Just pinned left glute today. It was much harder and I'm assuming I will feel the aftermath of it tomorrow or the following day. I was having a hard time depressing the syringe and was moving it around a little while trying to slowly press it in. But the right glute feels fine now no more tenderness and all seems well. Cannot wait for the weeks to start moving along. :D

Reaction score
I have to use a mirror for pinning the left glute, prolly cuz i'm right handed... quads and delts are favorite sites, you can use a 1" pin, a little less post injection soreness and crap.

Reaction score
Don't be afraid to expand your horizon and pin different spots. IMO it helps with pain and you aren't literally stabbing a hole in the same muscle over and over again. Delts/shoulder, quads are also a good area. There is a ton of information on "safe pinning" both on the site and online. Make sure if you are going in an area where there are a lot of vessels that you aspirate the syringe--this will ensure you aren't mainlining the juice.