Wondering about peoples thoughts on Intermittent fasting vs Keto?

Reaction score
I am currently cutting before I go on cycle here. I tend to have better results on Intermittent fasting then Keto. Well similar results but I feel better on intermittent fasting. Just curious on others thoughts and experiences. Just looking for a discussion.

Pinkbear

Elite
Reaction score
I found keto got me more lean the if diet.... But keto I have a lot less energy.

Reaction score
Keto is never sustainable for me. 2-3 weeks and I want to be done. Intermittent fasting seems a bit more natural both I struggle with energy. I make sure I take BCAA's while I work out especially if I am working out fasted. I have seem studies on fasting and Gh spikes and I here guys talk about that with intermittent fasting but I think you have to go longer then 16 hours though.

I like double cheeseburgers with bacon and a 20oz Double IPA to throw it back. This is why I have to talk diets. I have no problem staying clean for the most part when cycling because I feel money spent do it right. It is off blast when I have problems.

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
Have you ever thought to try an intermittent keto fasting diet lol?

Reaction score
Have you ever thought to try an intermittent keto fasting diet lol?

You know how brutal that would be. BUt NO DOC I have not thought about or want to think about it. It would probably be highly effective except NOBODY would want to be around me. I probably be better off running high doses of tren and be more pleasurable.

Hey on a side note though we could package it and sell it to those Beachbody goofballs.

Pinkbear

Elite
Reaction score
Gotta weigh both sides

IF diet has a lot to do with your schedule

16-18 hour fast, workout fasted and first meal 2-3 hours post workout is the optimal way to run it.. but work family etc can get in the way. Also depending on your cal intake it can be hard to get down 3k cals in 6-8 hours.

Keto is 0-50 carbs a day ( indirect carbs ) but leaves you a lot of the time feeling tired or no energy ....depends on the person. Also the meat sweats and better add some fiber in unless you wanna poop eod... You also gotta factor in the fats you want.

Or skip all this and just eat healthy and at a cal def. Add some cardio

Coldblooded

Reaction score
I have good success with Keto, I'm 6'1 and 205 down from 240. Did it all with keto and lifting. Also there are alot of good foods available on Amazon to help get you through the rough spots and the dreaded Keto flu. Just my .02

Bizzybone

Reaction score
Intermittent fasting has worked for me in the past. 16/8 worked best, like someone mentioned earlier, supplement with BCAA to try to preserve your muscle mass.

Last edited:

Bizzybone

Reaction score
Body utilizes three sources for energy. Fat, carbs, and protein. I believe carbs or glucose are the primary source for energy. If depleted, body will take muscle mass and break it down into amino acids to use as energy. Fat is there as a last resort .?Maybe I’m wrong! But that’s what I always thought.

New Threads