New (tall) guy!

Reaction score
Hey guys been doing a lot of reading on here seems like I could learn a thing or two! I'm 6ft 4 and have always been the tall skinny build I currently weigh 176 pounds. I've been training about 18 months and for a while was making steady progress now I seem to have hit the dreaded wall my weights pretty much stopped going up and I don't seem to be increasing in strength I've never done a cycle and was wondering if now would be a better time than ever?

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Nope you are still skinny af. You just need to start eating more food. Probably a lot more.

Take the money you would have spent on jewce and hire a coach - not some pussy personal training who wants to work your "core" whatever that is. Find someone who understands you want to get bigger and stronger

Reaction score
Yeah food is always the struggle I'm concentrating more on compound lifts and as for food I am slowly manning up sometimes I'm eating to the point I feel sick!

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
As POB said. And eat like a 200 lb dog. Then eat some more.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah food is always the struggle I'm concentrating more on compound lifts and as for food I am slowly manning up sometimes I'm eating to the point I feel sick!

The nausea goes away after a while. You just get used to it. Focusing on compounds lifts is great so keep that up. Make sure you get stronger and stronger.

How many days per week do you train?

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
6'4 176?!?!? good lord you are skinny as fuk bro listen to those guys and eat a lot more! you should be able to get around 230 just by doing that and hitting the weights hard, toss the cardio out the window if ur doin that.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome. You ahve been given some solid advice posted above. Eat more. You don't need to even consider AAS until you are at least in the 200lb+ club at your height. Good Luck.

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
DAMMIT these guys.. listen, eat food and a lot of it! eat every hour if you cant get it all down. i promise weight will come eventually! i had the opposite issue where i ate too much and gained fast to the point of severe obesity. im 6'6" and today im 253lb but leaner than i have ever been. I started at 472lbs so i learned a good bit along the way and diet is the key to any training whether it be weight gain or loss... stay focused, train hard and EAT! good luck!

Reaction score
Cheers for the advice! I'm currently training 4 times a week the I think maby one of the problems is I work an active job I'm on my feet for 8 hours a day so I probably just looose a lot of calories just working!

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should read an old thread of mine I just bumped, longjohn. Don't know your age but it should be helpful.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Cheers for the advice! I'm currently training 4 times a week the I think maby one of the problems is I work an active job I'm on my feet for 8 hours a day so I probably just looose a lot of calories just working!

I work a very active job as well, but I eat all day long while doing so ;)

Reaction score
I'm 23 and yeah it's so simple I know I just to to eat eat and eat again! It's just trying to get It all down in a day thanks for the help!

NoQuarter

Reaction score
Nope you are still skinny af. You just need to start eating more food. Probably a lot more.

Take the money you would have spent on jewce and hire a coach - not some pussy personal training who wants to work your "core" whatever that is. Find someone who understands you want to get bigger and stronger

Welcome aboard.......take the advise given and eat!

Thezilla

Reaction score
Yea I feel your pain dude! I was always tall and lean and it was a bitch to put on muscle. My biggest obstacle was my sport was very aerobic which I competed over decades. I was alway shredz though. Oh yea and your not that tall...lol.... anyway coming from a 6'6 Zilla you should defiantly be able to put on weight naturally buy eating taking protein. When I was bones I would eat A lot plus make myself slam weight gain shakes. (Some ppl say just eat more but there was certain times where the shake is easier at least for me.)
You said you where young so stick with it!! May not be a horrible idea to get your bloods done to see what your test is at. You need testosterone to build muscle. So maybe your test is like 100? Who knows.
Read up study listen to a lot of stories on board and you will become very knowledgeable of the darkside and you can really determine if you want to join.
If and when you get to the point where you are ready to use aas I vote for a cycle of dbol or androl with a test base. Many will say just test only but I know what it feels like to be skin and bones and that dbol will add some amazing water weight and you'll fall in love. Even though it's water weight you'll feel like the ****ing hulk. Gl
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Not medical advice....opinion only

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
One wall does not make an impenetrable fortress.

Take some of the advice the boys gave you and you'll break through. FYI, there's another wall on the other side of this one. :)

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
I'm 23 and yeah it's so simple I know I just to to eat eat and eat again! It's just trying to get It all down in a day thanks for the help!

In before...

1495045613987.jpg

Reaction score
Welcome you came to the right place all these guys will put you in the right direction and it seems like they already have , great advice here man and a great place to be see ya around