Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Elite snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    6,040
    Thanks
    3,805
    Thanked 7,099 Times in 3,085 Posts

    regurgitated research

    Is it me or does it seem like every time you go to research something on line, the same shit seems to pop up. There's always those people saying that to lose weight, don't eat before bed or the advice to not run a Test cycle less then 8 weeks. But I'm talking about the real studies. Just an example; the same "Deca strengthens tendons by increasing collagen synthesis". That rat study has been quoted a million times. I also think there is evidence to dispute that now, but that's for another time.

    I know it's hard to study AAS in the context that we use them but I wish there was more reliable information. Sometimes I wonder what the hell they are going to say about the things we take as "Fact" 20 years from now. Good chance 20 years from now I won't be lifting but to view some of the posts I made would probably be embarrassing when that time comes.
    Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to snake For This Useful Post:

    Jin (05-04-2018)

  3. #2
    Elite dk8594's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    953
    Thanks
    931
    Thanked 959 Times in 487 Posts
    I've always been surprised that they're haven't been studies in other countries regarding AAS to have leaked out. It seems like the Russians, Chinese, and East Germans would have been all over that. It's frustrating, though.

    I've been able to pick up things that seemed directionally accurate by searching around, but the best I've been able to do is become my own lab rat, try to limit variables, get blood work done, and journal with pics. It's not exactly scientific (I can never limit all of the variables), but it seems to get me in the ball park as to how my body responds.

    Makes me always question how those who do a shot gun approach know what the heck is going on.

  4. #3
    Veteran MrRippedZilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,079
    Thanks
    343
    Thanked 1,554 Times in 648 Posts
    I addressed the Deca topic in a previous thread of yours and it certainly wasn't regurgitated in any way, shape or form

    The reality of the situation is this: most people have no ****ing idea how to interpret research and, more importantly, have no interest in taking the time to learn how to do this. As a result, you get regurgitation. I've provided plenty of examples in this sub-forum of how to dissect research to see what it really means and even tried to address some common interpretation problems that people face.
    Like, the whole "you can find a study to support any view point" complaint that I see ALL the time on this & other boards. One of the sticky threads here deals directly with interpreting conflicting data results and I know for a fact that the folks who bitch about this the most are also the least likely to read that thread and learn to overcome this issue.

    My point: what the data shows and what people (including the authors) say it shows is not the same thing. The first is factual (well, should be), the other is not for a myriad of reasons. if you learn how to look at the data yourself, regurgitation by others becomes a non-issue.
    The toughest achievements involve long, isolated, battles with your self.

  5. #4
    Elite Viduus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Upper Midwest
    Posts
    696
    Thanks
    481
    Thanked 688 Times in 394 Posts
    For those users who jump to this thread from the new posts listing. (It’s in the same section as this thread)

    https://www.ugbodybuilding.com/threa...icting-studies
    “When you put your heart/soul and defecation into something so passionately it's hard not to” -Gibs

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Viduus For This Useful Post:

    automatondan (05-03-2018),MrRippedZilla (05-03-2018)

  7. #5
    Administrator PillarofBalance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    18,412
    Thanks
    1,681
    Thanked 14,360 Times in 6,313 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRippedZilla View Post
    I addressed the Deca topic in a previous thread of yours and it certainly wasn't regurgitated in any way, shape or form

    The reality of the situation is this: most people have no ****ing idea how to interpret research and, more importantly, have no interest in taking the time to learn how to do this. As a result, you get regurgitation. I've provided plenty of examples in this sub-forum of how to dissect research to see what it really means and even tried to address some common interpretation problems that people face.
    Like, the whole "you can find a study to support any view point" complaint that I see ALL the time on this & other boards. One of the sticky threads here deals directly with interpreting conflicting data results and I know for a fact that the folks who bitch about this the most are also the least likely to read that thread and learn to overcome this issue.

    My point: what the data shows and what people (including the authors) say it shows is not the same thing. The first is factual (well, should be), the other is not for a myriad of reasons. if you learn how to look at the data yourself, regurgitation by others becomes a non-issue.
    Learning is work and a lot of people aren't willing to make the effort.
    Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to PillarofBalance For This Useful Post:

    automatondan (05-03-2018)

  9. #6
    Veteran MrRippedZilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,079
    Thanks
    343
    Thanked 1,554 Times in 648 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PillarofBalance View Post
    Learning is work and a lot of people aren't willing to make the effort.
    Yet those people are willing to bitch about not understanding a topic or, worse, criticize others for exposing their ignorance on a topic. Because it's easier. A self-destructive cycle.

    I take great pleasure in being able to understand. Progressing towards it is not something I consider to be "work" but actually pretty enjoyable. Hence, my inability to relate to those who voluntarily partake in the above cycle.
    Last edited by MrRippedZilla; 05-03-2018 at 06:47 PM.
    The toughest achievements involve long, isolated, battles with your self.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to MrRippedZilla For This Useful Post:

    automatondan (05-03-2018)

  11. #7
    Elite Bro Bundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    11,042
    Thanks
    559
    Thanked 4,946 Times in 2,881 Posts
    the best research is done with a small group of experienced juicheads that tried everything multiple times and actually look like they workout..90% of the guys posting on boards are a joke.

  12. #8
    Member Intense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    87
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 43 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bro Bundy View Post
    the best research is done with a small group of experienced juicheads that tried everything multiple times and actually look like they workout..90% of the guys posting on boards are a joke.
    Especially the ones with sub par genetics that still look like they lift.

  13. #9
    Elite Zeigler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Smiths Grove Sanitarium
    Posts
    5,231
    Thanks
    3,470
    Thanked 2,357 Times in 1,566 Posts
    idiots & the holier than thou

    equally annoying at anyrate



    so .......
    Nice 2 Meet U peasant

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 10-27-2012, 01:21 PM
  2. HGH Research papers?
    By BigFella in forum Peptides And Growth Hormone
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-29-2012, 10:42 PM
  3. UGL VS Research
    By Shane1974 in forum Anabolic Steroids
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-17-2012, 06:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •