Type 1 Bipolar Disorder and AAS

Reaction score
Do you think taking gear when you have a psychiatric illness such as type 1 bipolar disorder under control with medication could give you rage?

Bipolar Type 1. Bipolar Type 1 is considered the most severe form of this illness. According to the DSM, Bipolar I is characterized by one or more manic episode or mixed episodes accompanied by episodes of depression.

Rare, Serious, and VERY Treatable

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i think it depends on what ur meds are, how they effect you, how u effect others when on and off the meds, and how high ur test levels are at this moment? do u feel worse with low test etc.... id def talk to doctors before u embark on hormones

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
That just doesnt sound like the best of ideas. Im in the way of thinking test alone wouldnt be an issue, but who the hell knows. But once you get in to areas like tren....id have to say no.

I have to agree with above, talk to doctor first

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
that may be a case by case type of deal & may need to be experimented by you for the best answer

if you have it under control with that medication like you say then it may be worth a shot imo

the doctors are going to play it safe & say no don't do it of course

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
Asking for a friend, right? drug interactions, mood balance interactions, tough call for the average Joe, but I'm with Uncle manny....bad idea.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
No. No. No. No AAS for you. Bad idea. Really bad idea. Probably not rage but.....

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Nobody knows for sure.

But I will say this...

Every time a jacked asshole does something steroids get blamed.

And it's bullshit

We risk prison sentences because of it

So last thing we need is your ****ed up ass fighting the cops because you didn't take your medications and them finding a bottle of test and blaming that in a congressional hearing on the dangers of steroids.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
Nobody knows for sure.

But I will say this...

Every time a jacked asshole does something steroids get blamed.

And it's bullshit

We risk prison sentences because of it

So last thing we need is your ****ed up ass fighting the cops because you didn't take your medications and them finding a bottle of test and blaming that in a congressional hearing on the dangers of steroids.

Exactly.....

Reaction score
I'm on antipsychotics, mood stabilisers and anti depressant. It's under control. No Tren or anything just 500mg Test.

Mind2muscle

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with most here. Bipolar disorder is a serious mental illness. If you are stable on your medications I would not risk it. Hormones can and do affect mood regulation. Ultimately you have to make the decision and know your body and mind best. Question is are you willing to risk your sanity for the benefits of testosterone?

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
I don't think it's the test I think the test makes your estrogen climb and that's when mood swings and other things start to happen.

KINGIV

Elite
Reaction score
I had a very close friend that I grew up with that was bipolar, he never messed with steroids but he did get involved with cocaine and pills. He was a really nice guy but his personality would switch pretty quick and he could go into a rage at the drop of a hat totally sober. He threatened to cut me with a knife one time for nothing, I put a shotgun in his face and told him to take his ass home. That was the last time I seen him, until he made the news.

He is currently in prison awaiting the death penalty for first-degree manslaughter, possession of firearms by a felon with altered serial numbers and a shit ton of drug charges after the SWAT team raided his house.

With that being said I don't think you need to be taking anything unless the doctor tells you to.

You could gain all the muscle in the world and what does it matter if you lose your sanity, life or freedom?

HeiseTX

Reaction score
I was diagnosed, spent close to a yr in bed heavily depressed. I am now stable, no meds....can drink caffeine & alcohol like i did before my manic breakdown.

Reaction score
I was diagnosed, spent close to a yr in bed heavily depressed. I am now stable, no meds....can drink caffeine & alcohol like i did before my manic breakdown.

Have you taken AAS? And why are you not on any meds? Do you have type 1 or 2? Sorry for the multiple questions.

Dbolitarian

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Here a the deal bro, it depends on YOU .... I have bipolar disorder... And I'm good. I mean... People have this giant.misconception of what bipolar really is....
Some people who already have a temper, and aggressionand shit mixed with that , this is bad news...
I mean your never really gonna know how they are cause the bipolar shit gets blamed.... I've met dudes who are ****ing "normal" who fly off the ****ing handle over some silly ass shit.. And bipolar dudes who really seem normal... Most of the time... Heh....
But yeah... If one is already aggressive AF, and possibly violent
AAS may not be the best case scenario but
That just depends

As POB said
AAS gets blamed for a number of shot that quite frankly just boils down to the person . And would have or could have happened with or without AAS.....

My 2¢

HeiseTX

Reaction score
Have you taken AAS? And why are you not on any meds? Do you have type 1 or 2? Sorry for the multiple questions.

I think I had type 1 because I couldn't sleep for a week, and up to that point had broken sleep for weeks. Put me in the hospital.

Reaction score
According to a study published in Journal of Psychiatric Research
The number of major depressive episodes, the maximum lethality of suicide attempts, and the testosterone levels were higher in men compared to women. Current suicidal ideation scores were higher in women compared to men. Controlling for sex, we found that testosterone levels positively correlated with the number of manic episodes and the number of suicide attempts.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
According to a study published in Journal of Psychiatric Research
Not sure how they surmised this, when my test levels are in the crapper i have more depressive and suicidal tendencies