Best Liver Protectant / Restoration Supplement?

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Recent blood work shows me that my AST & ALT (liver enzymes in the blood stream) are high.

I'd been taking Liv52 but at a very low dose (1 tablet per day). I was considering increasing my dosage and sticking with Liv53 but would like to get some other opinions / some insight on other products that might be more effective.

What's your "Go To" supplement for liver protection and restoration and why?

Cheers!

- Savage

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Bump for input, yo.

DJ21

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I take LiveLong Liver Support.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I take LiveLong Liver Support.

Cheers, DJ21. Looks like a combo of NAC and milk thistle - both of which seem to be highly regarded for liver health. Good choice, IMO.

Reaction score
I use liv 52 never had any issue with it, but I take 3 pils a day. You can bump your dose to see if works before buy something else, just my opinion.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
4 liver52 ED
600mg milk thistle
800mg NAC
400mg ALA

the liver support for PH's arent bad at all. Myogenix makes a formula with 13-15 different things in it i really like. CTD labs also makes a very good liver support formula too.

RowdyBrad

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I was looking at mpresearch's liver support pills.

"PER PILL : CHOLINE BITARTATE 100MG+ A-L Acid 100mg + Vit E 40iu + NAC400mg + Vit B12 20mcg + Andrographi s Pani cul ate Ext 25mg + Pocrorrhi za ext 25mg + Milkthiste Blend 100mg"

So if you take 2 it's great plus it is 8 bucks per pack.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I was looking at mpresearch's liver support pills.

"PER PILL : CHOLINE BITARTATE 100MG+ A-L Acid 100mg + Vit E 40iu + NAC400mg + Vit B12 20mcg + Andrographi s Pani cul ate Ext 25mg + Pocrorrhi za ext 25mg + Milkthiste Blend 100mg"

So if you take 2 it's great plus it is 8 bucks per pack.

Cheers, Brad!! Great find - I just ordered :)

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
man power also has a good liver formula for 7 bux....i use that stuff also...mainly milk thistle, NAC, ALA tho....

HH

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lots of tap water does it for me.

With some liv 52, usually does the job.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I believe in my case it was the high doses of acetaminophen I'd been taking that caused my enzymes to spike.

I'm off that entirely & now nursing my poor dear liver back to health with a combination of NAC, Liv52, ALA and love :).

SHRUGS

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Liv 52 one capsule 2x a day is good. Also check into Synthergine. Very powerful stuff with good reviews. Liv 52 & Synthergine combo is tough to beat. Synthergine tastes like shit and if you cant handle the taste can be injected

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Got Dayum, that Synthergine stuff is expensive! At their recommended dose (per pound / KG) I'd be looking at between 3 and 4 Ml daily. That bottle ($60 US) will only last me less than a month :) Still, cheers for the suggestion! Their product does get good reviews.

I've doubled-down on NAC and Liv52 in the short-run & am waiting for my order from MPResearch for my rats (dayum rats and their liver protection needs...what's a meathead to do?... :) )

No booze (which is easy for me as I rarely take a drink anyway) and no acetaminophen (again, just breaking a bad habit I'd gotten into) plus lots of water and I'm looking forward to my next bloods in a month.

SHRUGS

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Synthergine is powerful and claims to be the best liver aid out there. I would think if you take it with Liv 52 then no need for max dose of Synthergine. With Liv 52 along side a bottle of Synth could last you 2-3 months

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I use Powerlabs Liver Clean has a bunch of stuff in it nd kept my liver values good for a long PH run and by long we are talking 8 weeks of 3 compounds and another 4 weeks of 2 others and 1 week after stopping I was elevated but not bad for that long on PH. SD was one of the compounds too.

G

Georgia

I'm just curious. Is there any blood tests that would confirm that these liver supps actually work? I am a skeptic, always, and reading articles is telling me there is not enough research done to confirm that liver supps actually protect very much or if at all.

Don't want you guys spending your hard earned money on stuff that isn't a sure thing. BUT, even if it didn't help much...if I was running heavy compounds I would want that peace of mine of 'at least I'm trying to keep my liver healthy'.

Keep calm & carry on.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm just curious. Is there any blood tests that would confirm that these liver supps actually work? I am a skeptic, always, and reading articles is telling me there is not enough research done to confirm that liver supps actually protect very much or if at all.

Don't want you guys spending your hard earned money on stuff that isn't a sure thing. BUT, even if it didn't help much...if I was running heavy compounds I would want that peace of mine of 'at least I'm trying to keep my liver healthy'.

Keep calm & carry on.

nope...i see your point but they are all anti oxidants and they are cheap....why not

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Keep calm & carry on.

Well i did labs a week after stopping and the labs i was just barely over and other peoples labs after taking sd not even half the time i did were close to or over 100.

New Threads