Question on Test

Coldblooded

Reaction score
Ok so I need some advice, I recently got my bloodwork done and found out I have low T...like really low. So talked to my doc and he prescribed me Test C but at a really low dose, .25ml a week!. I did this for about a month and it didnt even seem to make a bit of difference. I know from a previous experience where the doc I was seeing had me taking 1ml a week and man did that make a difference!. My question is should I tell my doc that and try and save myself the frustration or play along and jump through his hoops and just throw good money after bad?.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
What’s that? 50mg/wk? Get blood work pulled the day before your next shot. It will show you still have low t.

Ask him what range he'd like your levels to be at. If it’s under 700 then find a new doctor.

Why would you continue “playing along” when your results are poor and your doctor has you on a shitty protocol?

Coldblooded

Reaction score
Good point Jin, that's what I was thinking too. And the dose of .25 ml a week??!!. Half of that dose stays in the damn needle and syringe!. 700 would be good, I'd be happy with anything in the 700 to 900 range but with what my original number was it seems I would need alot more than what he put me on.

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
yeah that is way too low. My endocrine has me at 1/2cc EW and that puts me around 575-600. not too high but really best I've felt in years and def gym is great

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
Good point Jin, that's what I was thinking too. And the dose of .25 ml a week??!!. Half of that dose stays in the damn needle and syringe!. 700 would be good, I'd be happy with anything in the 700 to 900 range but with what my original number was it seems I would need alot more than what he put me on.

Nothing should be left in the needle. Take a pic of what’s left in the needle and show the doc, you have the wrong needles. You can get much better needles from Amazon Prime if he doesn’t help with that.

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
I went through all this myself. The doc will give you the smallest amount possible and check your levels eight weeks later. If your levels are still low he’ll raise it the smallest amount possible, then check again eight weeks later.

I know the pain of finally finding out what’s been wrong with you, and having to wait several months to actually fix it. You can try to shop doctors, but if you’re relying on your insurance, that can be tough.

Reactions: Jin

Coldblooded

Reaction score
Hey Beezy, thank you for the words of wisdom. I was just being a wise ass with the half of the dose left in the needle because it's such a small dose though. I think that with all the advice finding a new doc might be my best option. Ducks cause he is a pretty good doc otherwise.

Coldblooded

Reaction score
Ok so went back to the doc, got my blood test back still way low.. doc doubled it to .25 ml 2x a week..ugh

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
That's still half as much as youll probably need. Sucks the way lawsuits have handcuffed these guys so much.

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
I agree, laws and policies have them scared to do their jobs.

I wouldn’t change up docs yet. Just suffer the next eight weeks out, then tell him that you would like go up at a higher pace and back down if needed. You want to err on the side of feeling better.
Be humble, as you’re the patient and he’s the doctor, but remember when you’re there that he works for you.