Cycling age

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
I'm not so sure about that. Hear me out. Someone needs to have played their AAS card for their ultimate potential to been seen as a pro.

There use to an argument that in a world without drugs, those elite lifters would fair the same in the PED world. That seems reasonable that the same cream would rise to the top but it is untrue. With all things being equal, it's the response to those drugs that will ultimately determine how far you will go in the Pros.
AAS doesn't change muscle shapes, attachments, bone structure, etc. I don't need to introduce AAS into the mix in order to know that a dude with a horrible shoulder to hip ratio probably isn't destined to do well on the stage.

AAS doesn't change the process of muscle growth - it merely accelerates it. What AAS does teach us is how susceptible an individual is to its side effects, which is the limiting factor when it comes to increasing doses and, therefore, continuing to progress over time. It tells me nothing I didn't already know when it comes to how much muscle someone is actually likely to gain on your typical 600mg 12 week 1st cycle. This is subjective, you are entitled to disagree.

Also, all things won't be equal. The elite natural is likely to have an easy 20-25 pound head start over the genetically average. The only way for that average dude to make up that inevitable difference is to start using straight away. Something I know neither of us are advocating.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Funny how alcohol/smoking/weed is acceptable but gear? Beat his ass lol

Well....we aren't talking about weed and beer......weed I'm personally not into..nor have I drank a damn beer in 5 years...but if he wants to smoke weed (which he does)..I'm for that over steroids any day!

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The side effects of AAS are glamorized by the media, but that doesn't mean they are without risks. Knowing how I was at 20, I would have ignored them all, never gotten any blood work done, and gone with a more is better attitude. With that said, I'd rather err on the side of telling the 1% of 20yr olds who are genetically gifted not to use them, then err on the side of telling the hobbyist lifters that they should.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I wonder what happens in the countries where they're legal?

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
AAS doesn't change muscle shapes, attachments, bone structure, etc. I don't need to introduce AAS into the mix in order to know that a dude with a horrible shoulder to hip ratio probably isn't destined to do well on the stage.

AAS doesn't change the process of muscle growth - it merely accelerates it. What AAS does teach us is how susceptible an individual is to its side effects, which is the limiting factor when it comes to increasing doses and, therefore, continuing to progress over time. It tells me nothing I didn't already know when it comes to how much muscle someone is actually likely to gain on your typical 600mg 12 week 1st cycle. This is subjective, you are entitled to disagree.

Also, all things won't be equal. The elite natural is likely to have an easy 20-25 pound head start over the genetically average. The only way for that average dude to make up that inevitable difference is to start using straight away. Something I know neither of us are advocating.

To my point, you agree people differ with their results when they begin using?

Last edited:

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It's pretty simple. There's 3 options when some fuk boi comes around...

1. Say nothing (my choice. Or a little sarcasm)

2. Help the dink out

3. Go off like the high and mighty telling him how dumb he is and acting like his Dad.

Like seek said, his mind is made up and he's just looking for a source anyways.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
It's pretty simple. There's 3 options when some fuk boi comes around...

1. Say nothing (my choice. Or a little sarcasm)

2. Help the dink out

3. Go off like the high and mighty telling him how dumb he is and acting like his Dad.

Like seek said, his mind is made up and he's just looking for a source anyways.

What makes high-and-mighty synonymous with fatherly advice?

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Side note: I have made it a point to avoid first time posters who gear talk right out of the blocks.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
To my point, you agree people differ with their results when they begin using?
I never said they didn't. I do not agree with a natural elite getting worse results than a natural average, which is what you were implying.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I never said they didn't. I do not agree with a natural elite getting worse results than a natural average, which is what you were implying.

The possibility of the average natural getting better results from PED use over an elite does exist.

Now I don't want to put words in your mouth but we do know different people react different to different drugs. This ultimately will affect the final outcome.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The possibility of the average natural getting better results from PED use over an elite does exist.

Now I don't want to put words in your mouth but we do know different people react different to different drugs. This ultimately will affect the final outcome.

So what I have thought about here and there is.........some folks think there is no way....Var makes folks loose hair.....so is it that it's not var every time someone looses their hair on it...they've been given something else.........................we have no idea how a persons body is going to handle anything or what they have been given.

Not to mention, steroids are just part of a goal unless there is no goal and folks just want to stay on gear forever...not counting TRT (if it's actually being used as TRT)

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
im big on 21/22 cuz i started blast/cruise (ran cycle, did pct, waited 5wks and repeat) from 20-25

While i also drank a ton and didnt shy away from drugs either....

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Id just refer them to the info that is already here about how to run a cycle. Maybe tell them to avoid the orals the first time around. Id also probably tell them if they are too young that they should wait but if they are so inclined to do it then this is the right way to do it.

the ****tards id avoid all together