QUestion about half lives of steroids and blood work.

Reaction score
howdy y'all

Been on trt for a couple months now and will be starting my first blast in a month. I was told that if you blast and then cruise the first blast should be test only. ON subsequent ones i will probably add compounds.

Anyway here is my regiment and yes I am aware there are some issues with it. I am prescribed 200mg of test cypionate every 10 days ( i know that should be every 5 days or 150 every 7 just had not done that yet). So my blast will be sustanon 300 1 shot per week. I figure i will be doing a shot every 10 days. day 1 will be cypionate and day 10 will be the sustanon. Here is what i am wondering how long before my bloodwork do i need to discontinue the sustanon before i get my blood work for my trt doctor as he likes to see it below 1000. With just the 200mg 5 days after the shot i think i came in at 938 up from 510 when i was only taking clomid ( were trying to have kids at the time so no test). As far as anti-estrogen that is a good one. he prescribes me 1mg arimidex a day and that crashes my estrogen. On the clomid i found that 3 50mg clomid m, w, f, and 3 1mg arimidex and my estrogen was like 30 somethign and test was 500 something. Well my estrogen was under 7 when i checked it with blood work last time. So i went to .5mg 3 times per week. I have no bloods to go by but with the extra test i figured i might need to go back to the 1mg 3x per week. Any thoughts and please if someone knows about my initial question of when tot stop the test for blood work i would appreciate it. My second blast will be about 10 weeks after my first ends and so far i am planning on my trt dose, pluse 300 mg sustanon and 500mg of equipoise. Might as well ask. Can i pin that equipoise just once per week? Also If i keep dosages lose like just the 300mg extra of test could i blast most of my first year to make sure i front load gains? Or should i do 10 weeks blast 10 weeks cruise? I also was wondering if i could do 12 or 16 weeks blast with a shorter cruise. I really like the way the gear makes me feel and i really have not had any sides. No hair loss, not really any acne. My cycles will probably never be more than maybe 1200 total mg per week. Mostly it will be something like 400mg of test plus either deca 300mg or 500 mg of eq or combo of all three. I might use DMZ as a kickstarter as dianabol is a bit more expensive and generally i hear dmz is like superdrol without all the side effects. Thanks any advice is very much appreciated.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Let’s stick with your first cycle and questions for now.

I would just use more test c. Skip the sustanon, as it is a blend and includes an water with nearly twice the half life as test c. Longer half-life = longer wait before your levels go back to “Dr. approved”.
You May even consider a very short ester like prop.

As for ai: it works totally different depending on if you are injecting test or not. You won’t crash your e2 even on high doses if you are not Injecting test; while half that dose could flatline your e2 whilst injecting test.

You need bloodwork independent from your doc whilst on cycle. Use PrivateMDlabd.

Pro tip: using “whilst” instead of “while” makes you sounds smarter and/or British in written form.

Pro tip II: use formatting!

Last edited:

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Omfg......................English class!!!!!

and welcome!

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Whilst I was attempting to read your intro, I got bored/annoyed.
Welcome btw... I agree with Jin about upping your first blast to 500 mg test. Have you looked into diet at all?

Btfw, in your opening sentences, you say you have only been on TRT for "a couple" (count them, 2) months and you have decided to start your first blast... Wtf? I would like to know your history? Did you intentionally crash your test levels just to get on Dr. prescribed TRT so you could blast...? Sure sounds like it... If you were truly hypogonadal before, why not just ride out the vast benefits/advantages of now being on TRT?

Mayday

Reaction score
howdy y'all

Been on trt for a couple months now and will be starting my first blast in a month. I was told that if you blast and then cruise the first blast should be test only. ON subsequent ones i will probably add compounds.

Anyway here is my regiment and yes I am aware there are some issues with it. I am prescribed 200mg of test cypionate every 10 days ( i know that should be every 5 days or 150 every 7 just had not done that yet). So my blast will be sustanon 300 1 shot per week. I figure i will be doing a shot every 10 days. day 1 will be cypionate and day 10 will be the sustanon. Here is what i am wondering how long before my bloodwork do i need to discontinue the sustanon before i get my blood work for my trt doctor as he likes to see it below 1000. With just the 200mg 5 days after the shot i think i came in at 938 up from 510 when i was only taking clomid ( were trying to have kids at the time so no test). As far as anti-estrogen that is a good one. he prescribes me 1mg arimidex a day and that crashes my estrogen. On the clomid i found that 3 50mg clomid m, w, f, and 3 1mg arimidex and my estrogen was like 30 somethign and test was 500 something. Well my estrogen was under 7 when i checked it with blood work last time. So i went to .5mg 3 times per week. I have no bloods to go by but with the extra test i figured i might need to go back to the 1mg 3x per week. Any thoughts and please if someone knows about my initial question of when tot stop the test for blood work i would appreciate it. My second blast will be about 10 weeks after my first ends and so far i am planning on my trt dose, pluse 300 mg sustanon and 500mg of equipoise. Might as well ask. Can i pin that equipoise just once per week? Also If i keep dosages lose like just the 300mg extra of test could i blast most of my first year to make sure i front load gains? Or should i do 10 weeks blast 10 weeks cruise? I also was wondering if i could do 12 or 16 weeks blast with a shorter cruise. I really like the way the gear makes me feel and i really have not had any sides. No hair loss, not really any acne. My cycles will probably never be more than maybe 1200 total mg per week. Mostly it will be something like 400mg of test plus either deca 300mg or 500 mg of eq or combo of all three. I might use DMZ as a kickstarter as dianabol is a bit more expensive and generally i hear dmz is like superdrol without all the side effects. Thanks any advice is very much appreciated.

Okay.. So

Day 1-10 - 200mg test cyp
Day 10 - 300mg sust
Day 10-20 - 200mg test cyp
Day 20-30 - 200mg test cyp

Half life of sust 7-9 days, not sure exactly how you'd get your levels below 1000 in 20 days if you pinned day 10. It would probably still register as above 1k.

Why not just avoid the sus and try something else? There's other options with shorter half-lives that wouldn't force you into this predicament. Seems rather absurd.

It's like one of those math problems with the trains headed in opposite directions.

If you know your trt dosage, just utilize it. Take the predetermined calcs, and modify them. If you have an independent supplier, it's not like you need trt, now do ya?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Whilst I was attempting to read your intro, I got bored/annoyed.
Welcome btw... I agree with Jin about upping your first blast to 500 mg test. Have you looked into diet at all?

Btfw, in your opening sentences, you say you have only been on TRT for "a couple" (count them, 2) months and you have decided to start your first blast... Wtf? I would like to know your history? Did you intentionally crash your test levels just to get on Dr. prescribed TRT so you could blast...? Sure sounds like it... If you were truly hypogonadal before, why not just ride out the vast benefits/advantages of now being on TRT?

Okay.. So

Day 1-10 - 200mg test cyp
Day 10 - 300mg sust
Day 10-20 - 200mg test cyp
Day 20-30 - 200mg test cyp

Half life of sust 7-9 days, not sure exactly how you'd get your levels below 1000 in 20 days if you pinned day 10. It would probably still register as above 1k.

Why not just avoid the sus and try something else? There's other options with shorter half-lives that wouldn't force you into this predicament. Seems rather absurd.

It's like one of those math problems with the trains headed in opposite directions.

If you know your trt dosage, just utilize it. Take the predetermined calcs, and modify them. If you have an independent supplier, it's not like you need trt, now do ya?

Agree with the gentleman on a point I totally neglected: get your trt dialed in first.

Sust is a blend of esters. Not sure where you’d get a single half life from?? Averaging the four doesn’t work.

Mayday

Reaction score
Agree with the gentleman on a point I totally neglected: get your trt dialed in first.

Sust is a blend of esters. Not sure where you’d get a single half life from?? Averaging the four doesn’t work.

Would you, or would you not wait a period of 3 weeks to start a cycle of pct post sust pin?

That's to allow testosterone elevation to drop below augmented levels (as you realize).

If you couple those levels with the trt noted in the aforementioned, I think it's safe to say my original assumption is accurate.

Out of curiosity, does every sustanon have an identical test ester breakdown, jin?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Would you, or would you not wait a period of 3 weeks to start a cycle of pct post sust pin?

That's to allow testosterone elevation to drop below augmented levels (as you realize).

If you couple those levels with the trt noted in the aforementioned, I think it's safe to say my original assumption is accurate.

Out of curiosity, does every sustanon have an identical test ester breakdown, jin?

FYI
Since Sustanon is a trademarked brand name of a pharmaceutical testosterone blend it only has one breakdown of esters. UGLs can call any multi-ester blend sust. I’ve seen all different types of ratios and/or esters.

Why would I answer your other questions when you completely failed to answer my one, simple, question?

Mayday

Reaction score
FYI
Since Sustanon is a trademarked brand name of a pharmaceutical testosterone blend it only has one breakdown of esters. UGLs can call any multi-ester blend sust. I’ve seen all different types of ratios and/or esters.

Why would I answer your other questions when you completely failed to answer my one, simple, question?

Because I think inwards, Jin. I think only about myself.

Regardless, your lack of a substantial response shows either fear or weakness.

Odd.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Because I think inwards, Jin. I think only about myself.

Regardless, your lack of a substantial response shows either fear or weakness.

Odd.

Dont be coy or daft.

My response shows my annoyance with you.

Mayday

Reaction score
Dont be coy or daft.

My response shows my annoyance with you.

You think of yourself far too highly, brother.

Your opinion of me weighs on my conscience less than a grain of sand.

That being said, I do find you very interesting.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score

You want a hug?

My annoyance with my wife doesn’t substantiate my opinion of her. Nor does my annoyance with you.

Please elaborate on how highly I think of myself.

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score

Jin is like Cersi from Game of Thrones.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Is this offer only for mayday?

Brother. Start preparing for the day we meet. Biggest bear hug ever:beaten:

oh yeah. And I’ll hug 30 just to make him uncomfortable.

Reaction score

You mother ****er. You wanna see me be really awkward?

Reactions: Jin

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Looking forward to it, bro. Just remember you out weigh me by 75lbs so adjust accordingly.

Last edited:

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Man.........I really did try to make it through the OP's post in order to help him out, I just couldn't make it through.

Jin gets a gold star for chugging through that nightmare of a post. And a Cole-hug anytime he is stateside.