Role models. People you admire and why?

Reaction score
A social worker I worked with at one point in time. He's a black man who grew up in the projects, in tough neighborhoods, went on to college and to get his master's degree and social work license in my state. He is one of the most intelligent people I have ever met, and was amazing to watch when he was working with psych patients.

He could talk down the most violent psychotic paych patients just by hanging out with them for a few minutes. He would always stay calm and talk to them in the most matter of fact way and truly show empathy and understanding.

He was a mentor for me, and a big reason I went on in college to become a social worker (which I no longer do, but it was an awesome experience).

Other guy I really admire is Drew Brees. He walks the walk. Genuine good human being, who has one of the best work ethics in the NFL. Always respectful of his fellow humans, can admit when he was wrong. Incredible athlete. Super intelligent.

Last edited:

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
there are a bunch of people especially on here:

DF- for sending me that invite on ology, to come here, and then promoting me to elite soon after....

BigGame- dude is awesome and has given me advice on books to read and other things thru my time on here geared towards confidance and gettin shit done!

androsport-hasnt been around at all, but dude also is awesome, use to talk to me about some awesome workouts

JoLiver: power lifting dude and i still have a ton of info saved thru pm's in a folder here from him explaining the whole pl thing to me, (im still weak and lazzy tho hahaha)

spongy: for being awesome and helping my for the first and only time in my life, lower my cholesterol thru diet....wow it can be done, but again im lazy and weak, so it shoots back up cause of my laziness

(there are others on here, but i cant think of them all or list them :)

mugzy: for havin awesome boards that bring people together (once politics and religion are removed of course :)

others:

Jocko....F uck his Code, Evaluation, Protocols....book is so damn amazing, i read it and get hyped.....then i come back down to earth and reality and remember i cant do half the shit i think i can in my mind hahaha

Jesus....because he died for me, and i fight with him every day about why im here, and other personal stuff...even tho he somehow continues to love me, even tho i definitely do not deserve it...

US MILITARY...past, present and future, because you will do, have done, and are still doing something that most people will never do, and it is the biggest Prideful, rewarding thing i believe you can ever do in your entire life, not only for those who take everything for granted, but also for those around you, your brother and sisters in arms, who will die for something way bigger than anyone ever....

Last edited:

BrotherIron

Reaction score
Tried this months ago. Let’s leave out your family. We know your daddy loves you and was your hero and we don’t care.

Henry Rollins:
early days: violent, cynic, angry, passionate. Broken. Badass (never liked his music)
Now: wise, tremendous insight, still fighting his brokenness but in positive ways: relentlessly disciplined. Empathetic.

Constants: confident, funny, no BS. “Wicked smart”.

His spoken word is really entertaining.

"The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go, but two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."

-Henry Rollins

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
Old thread, but I'll bite. Jacques Cousteau pronounced Jock coostowe, some may have to google him. Man of adventure, Man of discovery, Man of science, not to mention a world of women.

DOOM

Reaction score
The Dalai Lama is a very inspirational figure my life. His selflessness and teaching of love, compassion and consciousness have help me navigate through some very hard times in my life.

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Dan Gable, a true competitor with a never quit attitude and a great coach. Olympic gold medalist went un scored on in the olympics among many other achievements

“once you wrestled everything else in life is easy”

rumor is after he won his gold medal he woke up at 5am to train and his team mate asked him what are you doing and he replied “training for the next olympics”

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
there are a bunch of people especially on here:

DF- for sending me that invite on ology, to come here, and then promoting me to elite soon after....

BigGame- dude is awesome and has given me advice on books to read and other things thru my time on here geared towards confidance and gettin shit done!

androsport-hasnt been around at all, but dude also is awesome, use to talk to me about some awesome workouts

JoLiver: power lifting dude and i still have a ton of info saved thru pm's in a folder here from him explaining the whole pl thing to me, (im still weak and lazzy tho hahaha)

spongy: for being awesome and helping my for the first and only time in my life, lower my cholesterol thru diet....wow it can be done, but again im lazy and weak, so it shoots back up cause of my laziness

(there are others on here, but i cant think of them all or list them :)

mugzy: for havin awesome boards that bring people together (once politics and religion are removed of course :)

others:

Jocko....F uck his Code, Evaluation, Protocols....book is so damn amazing, i read it and get hyped.....then i come back down to earth and reality and remember i cant do half the shit i think i can in my mind hahaha

Jesus....because he died for me, and i fight with him every day about why im here, and other personal stuff...even tho he somehow continues to love me, even tho i definitely do not deserve it...

US MILITARY...past, present and future, because you will do, have done, and are still doing something that most people will never do, and it is the biggest Prideful, rewarding thing i believe you can ever do in your entire life, not only for those who take everything for granted, but also for those around you, your brother and sisters in arms, who will die for something way bigger than anyone ever....

Jesus! Amen
thanks for sharing that ,some may mock or laugh but you had to courage to anyway. I’ll def add him to mine
He’s my lord and savior and I didn’t even think to put him down

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
This old man named wesley i met years ago. We worked together way back and then I hired him to work part time although he was long retired. He was a humble, honest fella and the best transmission guy I ever saw! He passed last year at age 93. Very much missed!

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Tough to hear my man, sorry to hear of the loss.

Thank you he was a good man and hard working man ,he taught me so much and was a mentor and it’s been a tough road ever since ......at least I had my dad till I was 45

Reaction score
My heroes as an adult are people that can make shit happen and make money no matter what. People that have 2 or 3 or more hustles going at the same time especially if they're all legal. Doing illegal stuff is not rocket science. It takes intelligence and experience to do it long term. That being said, there are some businesses that are extremely high margin. Cost to produce to retail is 2000% or more. There are often times hurdles to make it happen whether that be banking or insurance or permits.

Slic.

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Jesus! Amen
thanks for sharing that ,some may mock or laugh but you had to courage to anyway. I’ll def add him to mine
He’s my lord and savior and I didn’t even think to put him down

I agree man ,mine too Jesus is king of all kings to me,and I know one day I’ll see my dad again ......bless you brother for posting thst

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Apparently JRE is making short films. Here’s one of Henry Rollins.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IBkUcz7pWLo

I also want to add Leonard Cohen to my list.

I’ve been reading his poetry, listening to his music and read his biography.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Joe Rogan is a badass mother ****er.

New Threads