E2 and AI

Reaction score
I’ve read that you should take Aromasin EOD during cycle (12.5mg). I also read that you should only take an AI when necessary because it can be counterproductive to your gains if taken when it’s not needed.
Which is true?
If the latter is true, should I take Aromasin when my nipples get sensitive, or how else would I know when to take it?

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
It varies person to person. Some need an ai. Some not at all. Some need more than others.

There are more signs that present themselves other than just sensitive nipples. Bloating is a big one also.
Sometimes you wont have any signs. Thats why we recommend bloodwork.

Have it on hand, or start it when you start your first injection and adjust accordingly.

Reactions: Jin
Reaction score
I’m on 500mg test cyp and in the 6 or so weeks I’ve been on I’ve taken one dose of adex (.25mg). That was about a week ago, I was bloated as hell. I’ve also been using a bit of a preworkout blend here and there that has adrol and dbol which could have been the reason I was bloated.

Anyways my point is some people use ai’s religiously and others don’t use them at all. I tend to side with the guys that only use them when necessary. If a negative side shows up, pop some.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It varies person to person. Some need an ai. Some not at all. Some need more than others.

There are more signs that present themselves other than just sensitive nipples. Bloating is a big one also.
Sometimes you wont have any signs. Thats why we recommend bloodwork.

Have it on hand, or start it when you start your first injection and adjust accordingly.

Ive done a cycle before, but ive never done bloodwork. I was just gunna go through my doctor. Get it done pre-cycle and then 4-5 weeks in. But how am i supposed to do bloodwork all the time? see my doctor every week?? How often should i do bloodwork? Do i get the bloodwork 4-5 weeks in, adjust whatever i need to and then im good for the rest of the cycle? Sorry for all the questions man i just wanna do this right. And ive been reading hours and hours every day and everyone says something different. You guys seem extremely knowledgeable so id really appreciate your opinions and insight. Thanks!

Reaction score
I’m on 500mg test cyp and in the 6 or so weeks I’ve been on I’ve taken one dose of adex (.25mg). That was about a week ago, I was bloated as hell. I’ve also been using a bit of a preworkout blend here and there that has adrol and dbol which could have been the reason I was bloated.

Anyways my point is some people use ai’s religiously and others don’t use them at all. I tend to side with the guys that only use them when necessary. If a negative side shows up, pop some.
I understand that everyone is different, but what i dont understand is how you can take basically none at all. What happens to all the extra estrogen if you arent taking an AI? Is it the people that naturally have low E2 levels that dont really need an AI? And speaking of pre workout, should i avoid it while cycling?

Reaction score
Ive done a cycle before, but ive never done bloodwork. I was just gunna go through my doctor. Get it done pre-cycle and then 4-5 weeks in. But how am i supposed to do bloodwork all the time? see my doctor every week?? How often should i do bloodwork? Do i get the bloodwork 4-5 weeks in, adjust whatever i need to and then im good for the rest of the cycle? Sorry for all the questions man i just wanna do this right. And ive been reading hours and hours every day and everyone says something different. You guys seem extremely knowledgeable so id really appreciate your opinions and insight. Thanks!
Regarding bloodwork, I have a different opinion on that as well. So everyone gets their test levels checked, but if you’re on cycle they’re gonna be high as **** and irrelevant. They’re also gonna get their sensitive estradiol checked. But again, estrogen goes up when test goes up.

So let’s say good test range is 250-900. And good e2 is 20-45. While on cycle, your test will be like 2500. Wouldn’t it stand to reason that your e2 could be 100 plus, and you’re still ok? At what point is it bad? The only way in my retarded mind to know whether your e2 is ok or not is by feel. Are my nipples sensitive? Dick not working? Crying at bitch shit? Bloated like crazy? Ok probably time to take some ai. But feel great with no sides? Why bother?

Ive crashed my e2 and it sucks all the dick.

Reaction score
I understand that everyone is different, but what i dont understand is how you can take basically none at all. What happens to all the extra estrogen if you arent taking an AI? Is it the people that naturally have low E2 levels that dont really need an AI? And speaking of pre workout, should i avoid it while cycling?
I don’t have sides that say I need it, so I don’t take it. If they show, yeah I’ll take some. I have it just in case. There’s guys on here that have never taken an ai. Old school bodybuilders didn’t use em.

As for preworkout, I’ll assume you mean powders. I lift at night so I take a couple scoops to wake me up whether I’m on or not. It’s nothing more than something to get me goin.

Reaction score
Regarding bloodwork, I have a different opinion on that as well. So everyone gets their test levels checked, but if you’re on cycle they’re gonna be high as **** and irrelevant. They’re also gonna get their sensitive estradiol checked. But again, estrogen goes up when test goes up.

So let’s say good test range is 250-900. And good e2 is 20-45. While on cycle, your test will be like 2500. Wouldn’t it stand to reason that your e2 could be 100 plus, and you’re still ok? At what point is it bad? The only way in my retarded mind to know whether your e2 is ok or not is by feel. Are my nipples sensitive? Dick not working? Crying at bitch shit? Bloated like crazy? Ok probably time to take some ai. But feel great with no sides? Why bother?

Ive crashed my e2 and it sucks all the dick.

Damn, thanks man! That actually helped a lot. But, unfortunately, i do have a couple more questions lol
What am i supposed to do with my bloodwork if im just gunna take an AI when i feel some sort of side effect?
What do you mean by "crashed my e2," what were the effects and how did you feel? How do you prevent crashing?
Final question. I plan on taking Nolva for PCT, but i read that its good to take Nolva and Aromasin together for PCT because Aromasin increases test production. They said 25mg Aro everyday for 2 weeks, and 10-20mg Nolva for 4 weeks. I feel like 25mg of Aro every day for two weeks is a lot... what do you think?

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Bloodwork pre-cycle is good to have as a baseline, to compare to post-cycle/post pct bloodwork to see if you've bounced back to baseline. Bloodwork during cycle is to see how you react to certain compounds, how it affects your lipids/estrogen/liver/etc..

And I always thought it was Nolva and CLOMID(not Aromasin) for pct, but I'm on trt, so I may be wrong on that.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be as loose with my E2 as 30 suggests. Depending how you react your blood pressure will go through the roof etc.

Search on this site for PrivateMD and learn how to do your own bloodwork. Get it done 4-6 weeks in and adjust your AI as necessary. After a bit you’ll get a good feel for the range your AI needs to be in.

Reaction score
I can’t help with pct. I know nothing about it. I’m on trt and never coming off.

Thats how I feel about bloodwork. What’s the point. Yeah it’s good to see your cholesterol and all the other things but as for e2 and test? Why bother? They’re gonna be high. If your e2 is super high and you have negative sides, you’ll know it.

When my e2 went too low I felt horrible. Joints hurt bad, sex drive was nothing, dick hated me.

Reaction score
Bloodwork pre-cycle is good to have as a baseline, to compare to post-cycle/post pct bloodwork to see if you've bounced back to baseline. Bloodwork during cycle is to see how you react to certain compounds, how it affects your lipids/estrogen/liver/etc..

And I always thought it was Nolva and CLOMID(not Aromasin) for pct, but I'm on trt, so I may be wrong on that.
I’ve seen nolva and clomid together as well but idk why. They do the same thing. I’m just curious if 25mg a day for two weeks is too much, or even necessary. I get that it boosts test but if I’m only taking 12.5mg if necessary during cycle, and once EOD at most, why would I take 25mg every single day for two weeks? I need answers bro lol

Reaction score
I wouldn’t be as loose with my E2 as 30 suggests. Depending how you react your blood pressure will go through the roof etc.

Search on this site for PrivateMD and learn how to do your own bloodwork. Get it done 4-6 weeks in and adjust your AI as necessary. After a bit you’ll get a good feel for the range your AI needs to be in.
Yeah I wouldn’t necessarily go by what i say. But you don’t need bloodwork to know your blood pressure is high.

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
E2 is the trickiest motherfukker in the game.
Im on trt also but I take higher doses of test and also cycle on and off other compounds.
Ive started 2 or 3 threads in the last year or so, the latest was a couple months ago.
All I know is when I got itchy nipples I only had a day or 2 before the shit hit the fan so next time I get itchy im taking something immediately.
Nolva / and an AI is always what has been the protocol in the past but caber should be on hand also and thats what I would take.