Searching for answers...

DNW

Elite
Reaction score
My problem is, even being in a deficit, and eating clean, (macros at 65 25 10 2300kcal/day or less)

Your macros seem off. It is ridiculously hard to hit 15% or lower on fat, and even more so in conjunction with 25% carbs. Did someone recommend 65% protein? If you adopted the 1g protein per lb lean mass thatd put you at 781 calories out of your 2300. That's 34%. I do 50% myself...or 1100 cals, or 275g protein.

Reaction score
What I mean is you may not actually be 1000 under. With your job you are probably underestimating your exertion

It's entirely possible, I based that off of my off days and my workouts. Even while I am at work I don't just sit around, while I am more mentally focused during drilling operations instead of swinging hammers, I don't just sit. 2800 for sedentary TDEE so I should still be at a 500 deficit.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
If your drilling your doing nothing but sitting your whole shift

It's entirely possible, I based that off of my off days and my workouts. Even while I am at work I don't just sit around, while I am more mentally focused during drilling operations instead of swinging hammers, I don't just sit. 2800 for sedentary TDEE so I should still be at a 500 deficit.

Reaction score
Your macros seem off. It is ridiculously hard to hit 15% or lower on fat, and even more so in conjunction with 25% carbs. Did someone recommend 65% protein? If you adopted the 1g protein per lb lean mass thatd put you at 781 calories out of your 2300. That's 34%. I do 50% myself...or 1100 cals, or 275g protein.

Yes 65 was recommended by a friend of mine who is a bodybuilder. He actually recommended this forum for questions that he didn't have answers to. He's not a member that I know of. It is very hard to hit those percentages, and as such I don't have a very large variety that I eat, but I am okay with that. You think a lower protein intake would help?

Reaction score
If your drilling your doing nothing but sitting your whole shift

Yeah true, but I have a derrickhand who used to be a driller, and I enjoy going to the board now and again. My motorhand knows the pits so he watches the mud and I get to be free and get out of the cabin quite a bit.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Off subject but asking a Derrick hand to run your drullfloor while you piss about on the monkey board is dangerous and puts you in the line of fire. Anything goes wrong and you will be hung out to dry

Yeah true, but I have a derrickhand who used to be a driller, and I enjoy going to the board now and again. My motorhand knows the pits so he watches the mud and I get to be free and get out of the cabin quite a bit.

DNW

Elite
Reaction score
Yes 65 was recommended by a friend of mine who is a bodybuilder. He actually recommended this forum for questions that he didn't have answers to. He's not a member that I know of. It is very hard to hit those percentages, and as such I don't have a very large variety that I eat, but I am okay with that. You think a lower protein intake would help?

374g of protein for your 195lb lbm is a little ridiculous. It wouldnt hurt to lower protein and make up for it in some fat and carbs. I'm not a dietitian...I just know what works for me. If someone else doesnt go into detail, I'll put up research. I need to try and go back to bed tho.

May sound odd but how is your gut health? You have any lack of energy?

Edit: Itd be interesting to see if there is a correlation between protein utilization, low carb AND low fat with metabolism stall. Probably just overthinking tbh

Last edited:

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If you've been doing the same thing without results it's time for a massive diet change ... I'd flip to a 40 40 30 diet and increase calories to closer to 3,000 ... someone your sized doing physical labor @ 2,300 calories would likely be feeling miserable ... news flash ... you are not a bodybuilder and I can tell you even those who are do not eat 65% protein ... try the zone style diet for 3 months ... I bet you'll feel way better plus you'll drop body fat ... too many people try to eliminate or reduce fat to levels far too low ... with more carbs and more fat ... I guarantee you'll feel way better ... as for exercise ... if your not close to a gym here's an all body work out ... 100 squats ... 100 push ups then 100 situps ... do as many as you can ... break do more until you hit 100 ... then move to the next exercise ... time yourself how long takes to complete all 3 .. as you start to advance in 1 to 2 month in ... do 2 sets ... or 200 of each ... I do this workout when I travel for business and there are no gyms ...

Last edited:

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
If you’re serious about getting your BF down, I can work with you via PMs.

I’d point you to Spongy for a real diet plan and solid advice etc. but if he’s off the table, I can help.

Reaction score
374g of protein for your 195lb lbm is a little ridiculous. It wouldnt hurt to lower protein and make up for it in some fat and carbs. I'm not a dietitian...I just know what works for me. If someone else doesnt go into detail, I'll put up research. I need to try and go back to bed tho.

May sound odd but how is your gut health? You have any lack of energy?

Edit: Itd be interesting to see if there is a correlation between protein utilization, low carb AND low fat with metabolism stall. Probably just overthinking tbh

I feel like my gut health is okay, I don't really feel a lack of energy per say, as I am a fairly motivated individual. When something needs to be done I have no qualms about doing it. It's pretty rare that I have one of those eff it moods. I don't feel bad, sometimes if I forget the Cymbalta and then take it again it kind of messes with me.

Reaction score
If you’re serious about getting your BF down, I can work with you via PMs.

I’d point you to Spongy for a real diet plan and solid advice etc. but if he’s off the table, I can help.

I am dead serious about it

Reaction score
Well this is one area I’m qualified to give advice on. If you stick around long enough to PM, I’ll help you out. Don’t bail before then!

I'm not going anywhere. I am interested in this site and I want to see how far I can push myself

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I'm not going anywhere. I am interested in this site and I want to see how far I can push myself

Take Duece up on his offer. He has a good brain and has put solid knowledge into action with impressive results.

Reaction score
If you are truly serious about reaching your goals, not having weights isn't a big deal. From what I've read about you and your goals there's no need for any of that at this point anyway.
Here's what you can do.

Buy a cheap pull-up bar that you can hang in your doorway, one that you can take down and use on the floor for dips and push ups. I have one from "perfect fitness" that i've had for years but they are all the same. Just Google pull up bars.

The reps and sets do not really matter in the beginning,but do enough of each PULLUPS,PUSHUPS, AND DIPS, IN THAT ORDER until you can't do another or you feel like you got an addiqute workout for that day. You will know when that is.

If you can't do a pull up, don't worry most people can't, use a chair to assist you and get a few good reps in.

******Start slow, use perfect form, and don't hurt yourself by doing too much, no ego, you will improve, live to see another workout

Next day -legs

Grab something heavy-ish or just your bodyweight and do airsquats,same thing as yesterday, get a workout in but slow and don't hurt yourself by doing too much.

NEXT DAY- *REST*

NEXT DAY- IF YOUR UPPER BODY IS STILL SORE *REST AGAIN*

NEXT DAY- REPEAT THE PROCESS

Something this simple WILL 100% get you on your way to what you are looking for.

Take a picture of yourself in the mirror the day you start, pleass give it just 1 month of going through the workouts, and take another picture at the end of the month. It will really help you with motivation and confidence.

For diet all I'm going to say is simply get close to your bodyweight in protien a day, if you are struggling to get that in, you can use protien powder.

Working with someone from this site on your macros will improve your results greatly, but don't try to do everything at once or it will be overwhelming.

Best of luck.

Reaction score
Take Duece up on his offer. He has a good brain and has put solid knowledge into action with impressive results.

That's one of the reasons that I am here. The knowledge gained is immense here, but more importantly, the willingness to share that has put this forum over the top.

Reaction score
If you are truly serious about reaching your goals, not having weights isn't a big deal. From what I've read about you and your goals there's no need for any of that at this point anyway.
Here's what you can do.

Buy a cheap pull-up bar that you can hang in your doorway, one that you can take down and use on the floor for dips and push ups. I have one from "perfect fitness" that i've had for years but they are all the same. Just Google pull up bars.

The reps and sets do not really matter in the beginning,but do enough of each PULLUPS,PUSHUPS, AND DIPS, IN THAT ORDER until you can't do another or you feel like you got an addiqute workout for that day. You will know when that is.

If you can't do a pull up, don't worry most people can't, use a chair to assist you and get a few good reps in.

******Start slow, use perfect form, and don't hurt yourself by doing too much, no ego, you will improve, live to see another workout

Next day -legs

Grab something heavy-ish or just your bodyweight and do airsquats,same thing as yesterday, get a workout in but slow and don't hurt yourself by doing too much.

NEXT DAY- *REST*

NEXT DAY- IF YOUR UPPER BODY IS STILL SORE *REST AGAIN*

NEXT DAY- REPEAT THE PROCESS

Something this simple WILL 100% get you on your way to what you are looking for.

Take a picture of yourself in the mirror the day you start, pleass give it just 1 month of going through the workouts, and take another picture at the end of the month. It will really help you with motivation and confidence.

For diet all I'm going to say is simply get close to your bodyweight in protien a day, if you are struggling to get that in, you can use protien powder.

Working with someone from this site on your macros will improve your results greatly, but don't try to do everything at once or it will be overwhelming.

Best of luck.

Thank you for the tips.

New Threads