Cutting Journal

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
If you ever want to ballpark Cals from a restaurant meal, my advice is to add 50% to it, minimum.

If you think it's 900 Cals, it's probably closer to 1500.

Even the restaurants where they list the Cals and Macros on the menu, do not trust. Cooks in the kitchen are not following the recipe they used for the info on the menu. Their job is to make food tasty so you are happy and come back again. Oils, butter, and salt are added extensively.

Reaction score
Yeah, that's why I just skipped it. I got close to my protein number and the rest is a wash. I don't normally eat out so it shouldn't become an issue during this diet. I have one more restaurant visit planned in late March that should be it until my diet is over.

Reactions: CJ
Reaction score
Looking good man.

So what is the best way to measure bodyfat%?

My trainer used an in-body machine where you hold the handles and it calculates. He also measured with calipers. The two methods got very different numbers.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Looking good man.

So what is the best way to measure bodyfat%?

My trainer used an in-body machine where you hold the handles and it calculates. He also measured with calipers. The two methods got very different numbers.

Nothing is 100% accurate, except for an autopsy.

Best we got right now is Dexa, followed by BodPod and Hydrostatic dunk test.

Calipers are good to track fat loss/gain, not so much for getting a bf% number. BIA bodyfat testers are notoriously inaccurate. I gained 8% bf overnight once according to one. I actually passed on getting a free Inbody test recently,

They're just numbers though, and don't mean much of anything, but I get it, it's cool to kinda have an idea.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have decided to use a dexa scan. I'm waiting until payday to get it.

Reaction score
3/1/20 Day 7

Macros: 2048/242/167.5/30.5

Sleep: 7.5 Hrs. (poor)

1 1/4 Gallons water

Supplements and trt

Light cardio

Reaction score
3/2/20 Day 8

Macros: 2153/250.5/175/48

Sleep: 8 Hrs.

Supplements

Water 3/4 Gallon

Legs Abs Burpees

Reaction score
So I've had pretty bad tennis elbow in both of my arms off and on for about the last three years right and 18-22 months on the left. It flared up again in my right arm about 2 months ago. It's not so painful that it prevents training I just removed the exercises that exacerbate it really bad ie power cleans and dumbbell rows. Yesterday while doing biceps I noticed that my left arm is quite a bit bigger than my right. What should I do about that? Remove barbell exercise and just use dumbbells for curling for awhile?
Any advise would be great. (The tennis elbow is intermittent not constant as any who has had it knows.

Last edited:

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So I've had pretty bad tennis elbow in both of my arms off and on for about the last three years right and 18-22 months on the left. It flared up again in my right arm about 2 months ago. It's not so painful that it prevents training I just removed the exercises that exacerbate it really bad ie power cleans and dumbbell rows. Yesterday while doing biceps I noticed that my left arm is quite a bit bigger than my right. What should I do about that? Remove barbell exercise and just use dumbbells for curling for awhile?
Any advise would be great. (The tennis elbow is intermittent not constant as any who has had it knows.
First off, kudos for your consistency thus far.

Secondly, the human body is asymmetrical by default. As such, trying to ensure complete symmetry is a fool's errand.

If, however, there is a significant strength discrepancy between your left and right arms, I'd be willing to bet that the primary issue is at the shoulder girdle. How much (if any) shoulder mobility work are you doing? Also, do you deadlift with a mixed grip? How about prior injuries?

Reaction score
I've been dealing with some elbow stuff also, it forced me to cut out a lot of dumbell work. Mine is getting better finally after being careful with it for months. Good luck!

Reaction score
I have used a mixed grip in the past but for the last year or so I try to use an overhand grip. With or without straps depending on how heavy I'm going. I had a really bad broken wrist in high school that has caused me some mobility issues with my right arm. I'm sure it will even out as I continue or at least I hope it does.

New Threads