Semi-New to Bodybuilding and Completely New to the Forum

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

It is great to be a part of this community and I am glad to be here. I have worked out most of my life and have been fairly active but decided to go all in last year on my fitness goals.

I am not getting any younger at 32 and would like to either bodybuild or do powerlifting (I have had some decent lifts but have yet to commit do to risk of injury and may just go with bodybuilding) and have started on my first cycle with good results. Knowing that I do not know everything there is to know out there I am here to learn from others and to hopefully help some men and women with my experiences as well.

For now I am going to sit back and see what this place is all about and contribute where I think I can offer some good advice!

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Do you mean you haven’t decided which to do competitively or you haven’t decided on goals and a training g style?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Welcome to The Underground

Reaction score
I think goals change and always do but I have yet to settle on training style or which to do competitively. Even though I am physically built for powerlifting it runs higher risk of injury I believe and that is the only reason for the indecision on my part.

Reaction score
I think goals change and always do but I have yet to settle on training style or which to do competitively. Even though I am physically built for powerlifting it runs higher risk of injury I believe and that is the only reason for the indecision on my part.<br><br> 

Reaction score
Thank you for the welcomes and hello's.

Sorry for the redundant post earlier guys this is my first time on a forum and it is a bit of a learning curve. Just wanted to say thank you for all of the welcomes and hellos on this thread.

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
id ask which do you prefer to do. does the bodybuilding lifestyle with strict dieting, the training style, and posing on stage appeal more to you, or do you more enjoy focusing on the big 3 powerlifting moves and trying to lift as much as possible.
Plenty of people start off in powerlifting as well and later on become bodybuilders, an example would be Ronnie Coleman.

In either sport, injury is plenty possible when competing at a very high level. If its more just a hobby, i wouldnt think injury is too much of a concern as long as you keep up on joint mobility and good form is taught and not compromised.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the UG!

Reaction score
brock8282 thanks for your viewpoint it kind of put things into a different perspective for me. I can do the strict dieting etc... but to be honest I really like the rush of doing the heavier three lifts and have shown some good promise with natural lifts prior to introducing a little help into my routine.

So I would have to say that I definitely have been leaning towards power lifting and am going to concentrate on that more seriously for a while and see how it goes. I fully agree about the injury now that you have pointed that out as well. It is something that can happen on any given day and all we can do is our best to mitigate the chance of it happening.

Thanks again!

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
a good in between is power building.
a mix of both powerlifting and bodybuilding. take the best of both worlds and put it in your training.
now this won't be optimal if you plan on competing in one or another but it is fun and a great way to build both muscle and strength.
oh and welcome to the underground!

Reaction score
You've found a great resource of info at UGBB.

I had to laugh at your comment about being g 32 a day not getting any younger. 32 was my age when I started getting serious about weight lifting!!

Mister Slicksta

Reaction score
Welcome to the underground sir. Whichever you choose there is info for both here on the site. Good place to stick around and learn.

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
welcome to the UG mate!

New Threads