So it Happened AGAIN

Gabriel

Reaction score
Had some problems Sunday.been feeling Extra Bad........Waited till Monday ..So, another A-hole that doesn't know about Service Dogs......I was asked,,A Vet with terminal"C",with his service dog,in pain to leave the hospital on .........Memorial Day..!!

Mhenshaw

Elite
Reaction score
Damn! Some people really seem to think that they can "see" whether a person has special needs, or that they deserve to be able to give someone the 3rd degree over anything they dont understand/agree with. Literally have heard a person state that those with special needs should all wear a particular colored shirt on a school campus, so others would know. Know that people appreciate your service, and understand that service dogs are just that, a required tool. Good luck, Sir! ...and Thank you!

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
So sorry, Gabe. What a shit hole this world can be.

Gabriel

Reaction score
Yeah,,fun ...so, we then had to drive 30 miles to another H............BP was 165/122...........boy was I pissed....Diag-bleeding ulcer........Can I get a break????

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
I have to honest. I have been and still to an extent am that guy. I have made people leave businesses that I ran years ago that came in with animals. There are a lot of people who bring dogs into bushiness that are not service animals. This is why people still have so many issues with accepting them. Now they don't even have to show documentation of their animal being an actual service animal which further brings on the abusers. People take advantage of things and unfortunately those in need suffer.

I am trying to be more sensitive as I educate myself on their purpose.

With that said, I am totally on your side brother. I know or at least know what you have shared here and can only say that I am sorry that you had to go through that. A hospital that would do something like that should be fined at the least.

Thanks again for your service and take care of yourself.

sfw509

Reaction score
Sad man... You would think a hospital of all places would understand. Hope all is well and thank you for your service to our country.

Rot-Iron66

Elite
Reaction score
Vet's are disrespected regularly, yet people burning down Minneapolis are considered hero's by the media, and standing up for themselves. Fukked world we live in...

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Isn't that against the law from them to do that to you?

I just quickly scanned the ADA about that, and it says as long as the animal isn't a threat or interferes with normal hospital practice, they must be allowed.

Gabriel

Reaction score
when it's an off-leash service dog,,everyone is an expert..................that in a nutshell is the total problem...and believe me if my life wasn't saved 10+ times by him , I would have him leashed......................He either gets help or guards me when I pass out..coolest dog ever..

liftsiron

Elite
Reaction score
when it's an off-leash service dog,,everyone is an expert..................that in a nutshell is the total problem...and believe me if my life wasn't saved 10+ times by him , I would have him leashed......................He either gets help or guards me when I pass out..coolest dog ever..

I don't know any places in the state I live that allow service dogs off lease into a business. I have never seen a service dog off leash in a business anywhere.

Gabriel

Reaction score
Not sure where you live,but if it's in the US,it's still the Law...federal law.. it's in the ADA rules under control..but no one EVER reads them..worst no one enforces them..

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
do you carry documentation for the dog and show it?

Gabriel

Reaction score
The ADA has really allowed people to abuse the whole Service Dog platform..This has caused people,business everywhere to doubt the authenticity of of a REAL service animal..and let's not forget my favorite HR people that decide to write make up their own Sdog policies that conflict with Federal Laws..Yes I carry paper work,he's been registered for nearly 5 yrs..none of this matters because the laws aren't enforced.. it's a crying shame that disabled people in this Country get screwed over nearly everyday..