The body quits before the mind...

dreamscraper

Reaction score
Sled drags will give you the same runners high with no impact. Especially if you get a rope that lets you do press and pulls so you can switch off for a "break". There is no eccentric load so if anything it is almost a recovery tool for lifting.

If you run at 230lbs with arthritis in your knee it is just a matter of time before you are injured and can't train. That energy system is so highly trainable you will do more and more like this until something breaks.

Sicwun88

Reaction score
The stronger the mind,the harder you can train the body!

Reaction score
Sled drags will give you the same runners high with no impact. Especially if you get a rope that lets you do press and pulls so you can switch off for a "break". There is no eccentric load so if anything it is almost a recovery tool for lifting.

If you run at 230lbs with arthritis in your knee it is just a matter of time before you are injured and can't train. That energy system is so highly trainable you will do more and more like this until something breaks.

thanks to everyone’s advice. I like running a lot because it’s hard on the lungs. But I really need to be down to about 185 if I want to run safely. Hence why my Outdoor bike Is my main option 6 out of 7 times. I must admit I used to look at those guys riding bikes and think pussies. Lol. No way man. As soon as you ride any slight incline riding a bike is so much harder. Cyclists get me respect.

BrotherIron

Reaction score
I don't think cardio should be omitted but I believe running is the WORST form of cardio. It beats the hell outta the knees. I'm also not a fan of low, slow cardio.

Personally, I like sleds, farmers, yoke, stadiums, etc.

BrotherIron

Reaction score
And it's the other way around... the mind quits long before the body breaks. That is why so many have to learn how to train their mind.

Reaction score
And it's the other way around... the mind quits long before the body breaks. That is why so many have to learn how to train their mind.

the mind is so powerful man. It’s works for you and against you. The paradox is that you control everything.

New Threads