What You Dont See in the "News"

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
Starting a month ago Ethiopia broke out into a civil war, when the Tigray region declared Independence.

Since then Ethiopias sworn enemy Eritrea has joined to help the Ethiopian state. On their way to the war zone they murdered refugees (political dissidents) from their own country, that were housed in Ethiopian refugee camps.

There are a 100,000 refugees at risk of being murdered.

Sudan feuding over the border land seized a large swath of land from Ethiopia. They burned the farms and killed some of the inhabitants.

There is mass starvation in the Tigray, food cannot be sent without being seized or attacked.

Egypt, Sudan are on the cusp of invading, this being over Ethiopias damning of the nile. Which will cause millions of deaths on both sides.

Turkey is going to intervene to prove its geopolitical power, which will internationalize this war. China, Russia, the U.S, and India will be involved.

article famine

We are going to see ethnic genocide and possibly a large scale African war. Yet none of this is in the news.

This will be a shit show of epic proportions on par with the second Congo war. Yet the Biden administration hasn't said one thing about it.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
Starting a month ago Ethiopia broke out into a civil war, when the Tigray region declared Independence.

Since then Ethiopias sworn enemy Eritrea has joined to help the Ethiopian state. On their way to the war zone they murdered refugees (political dissidents) from their own country, that were housed in Ethiopian refugee camps.

There are a 100,000 refugees at risk of being murdered.

Sudan feuding over the border land seized a large swath of land from Ethiopia. They burned the farms and killed some of the inhabitants.

There is mass starvation in the Tigray, food cannot be sent without being seized or attacked.

Egypt, Sudan are on the cusp of invading, this being over Ethiopias damning of the nile. Which will cause millions of deaths on both sides.

Turkey is going to intervene to prove its geopolitical power, which will internationalize this war. China, Russia, the U.S, and India will be involved.

article famine

We are going to see ethnic genocide and possibly a large scale African war. Yet none of this is in the news.

This will be a shit show of epic proportions on par with the second Congo war. Yet the Biden administration hasn't said one thing about it.

It’s only the beginning wars about to start shortly after the 20th

Didn't hear about what your talking about will def look into it thanks.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
It’s certainly something to watch and be aware of.

Considering how many domestic issues the US has currently I don’t see how any administration would prioritize the East African conflict.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
While the current socio-political environment in Africa is indeed horrifying, its nothing new either.

Africa has been at war with itself in some way, shape or form since I was 10 yrs old (am a SAFFER, lived there through my teens, still have friends and family there, did two tours later in Somalia with the US Army after coming to the US). The apartheid years were fookin' insane in SA. Historically, internal African conflict has stemmed from real / perceived lack of access to political process (commonly due to religious and ethnic issues), lack of socio-political unity & shift in the economy (no longer based on exploitation of natural resources) and lack of legitimate, ethical political leadership leading to 'warlords' stepping into the power vacuum.

Reactions: Jin

xyokoma

Elite Lady Member
Reaction score
Good to know, thanks mate. I honestly dont even read the news anymore because I cant be bothered skimming through all the shit - I suppose thats what they always do anyways to take away the readers attention from the real world issues.

Having said that... And please dont hate me but I dont believe that countries that act like animals now and have been for centuries should be helped much further. Not until their mindset changes. Until they adopt and start practicing the simplest of laws, human rights, nothing and no country will be able to help them.

I also believe that each country needs fixing itself first. Our governments help other nations before their own. The amount of homeless, starving people, home brutality, kids and women getting shot every day by their own family or gangs and we have no funds for extra police, instead we cut their resources. Nothing for the self employed, the suicidal who cant even access a suicide hot line because we have no funds for support workers. So many things our nations are crying out for help for yet we manage to find billions to fund the international wars.
No nation can help another until it heals itself first.

Just my 2 cents.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
Ethiopia has been without internet & telecommunication since November

when my internet lags for a minute or less the blood starts to boil

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
That war started In the 90’s
The Ethiopian civil war in the 90s was with eritre dijbouti, ethiopia, and somalia.

This second Ethiopian civil war is caused by the Tigray regions secession from Ethiopia

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
NblSavage and Xyloma

Africa is to diverse of a place, there are hundreds of linguistic and ethnic group in a single African country. Not to mention the religious turmoil.

For an African country to be successful they need to stomp out diversity. For example South Africa and Egypt are ethnically, linguistically, and religiously homogeneous. This is why they are the only successful countries.

Africa has been doomed from the start, not by colonialism, but by diversity.

xyokoma

Elite Lady Member
Reaction score
NblSavage and Xyloma

Africa is to diverse of a place, there are hundreds of linguistic and ethnic group in a single African country. Not to mention the religious turmoil.

For an African country to be successful they need to stomp out diversity. For example South Africa and Egypt are ethnically, linguistically, and religiously homogeneous. This is why they are the only successful countries.

Whilst Im not Xyloma (who sounds like shes probably super hot btw) I think I can chime in and say I have to disagree with you on this.

Diversity isnt the real issue here. Its the lack of education. Europe is a pretty diverse place too but we arent killing one another whilst living in the dark ages believing ones religion is better than someone elses and is worth killing for or that a human can be a person only if he has enough money and status.

Reaction score

They need to stomp out diversity?!?!?

Seriously dude? How do you suggest a country stomp out diversity? Ethnic cleansing? Start a crusade?

Beserker

Viking King
Reaction score

Seriously dude? How do you suggest a country stomp out diversity? Ethnic cleansing? Start a crusade?

We’re watching it happen... all ya gotta do is control the media, then seize power. Easy enough!

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
Whilst Im not Xyloma (who sounds like shes probably super hot btw) I think I can chime in and say I have to disagree with you on this.

Diversity isnt the real issue here. Its the lack of education. Europe is a pretty diverse place too but we arent killing one another whilst living in the dark ages believing ones religion is better than someone elses and is worth killing for or that a human can be a person only if he has enough money and status.
With all respect

xylophone, l respectfully disagree. European countries are based around Ethnicities, you wont find a Burgundian in France, youll find a Franc.

Europes countries are divided by ethnic lines, Germany the land of germans and Poland the land of the Polish.

Being Polish or German is not a national identity like being a American, its a ethnic group. Africa has almost no major Ethnic groups, except for the Swahili.

America works because its an exception. But African people do not identify with their nation, they identify with their tribe or linguistic group.

As to religion, Europe fought over different sects of Christianity, Africa is a religious shit show. Some parts of Africa still practice child sacrifice, while others have Sharia law.

Western values of freedom of religion developed because the the religious sects were so alike. There was not much delineation between Lutheranism and Protestantism.

The differences between tribal polytheistic, Islam, and Christianity are to great. They can not except each other.

As to Education, Africa is a dead zone of renaissance or intellectual movements.

The Western world had the Renaissance and important documents like English Common Law

The East had Confucianism and Chinese Bureaucracy.

Africa has none of this, yet they remain hostile to this plentiful knowledge from East and West. And in the era of globalization they will continue this.

This means they cannot have a government like America, a democracy like Europe, or an dictatorship like Asia. These systems developed in totally different places and cultures.

They are chained to the tribal governments their culture developed. They never got to the point of centralized states, hence they never solidified ethnic groups.

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score

Suppression of culture. Its pretty cut and dry, they are stuck in a time of brutality.

The Indo-European invasion of Europe, caused the murder most neolithic Europeans. They cleansed the continent, the people who built Stonehenge share no relation with us.

Africa needs totalitarian policies to forcefully unite an African nation. This would involve a ban on minority languages, and of their cultures too. They will have the national ethnic culture forced upon them.

They haven't developed democracy or freedom like the West, its unfair to expect them to adhere to its rules.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
NblSavage and Xyloma

And this folks, is the difference between knowledge and wisdom.

Suppression of culture. Its pretty cut and dry, they are stuck in a time of brutality.

Africa needs totalitarian policies to forcefully unite an African nation. This would involve a ban on minority languages, and of their cultures too. They will have the national ethnic culture forced upon them.

You sound just like every other ruthless dictator who ever lived.

Just because an idea might work doesn’t make it a good idea. Certainly not a noble idea

Last edited: