Weight loss strategy

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Here's my biggest issues with that reply I quoted earlier...

1) Counting calories. No, it's not required. But just because you don't count them does not mean that they do not exist.

Unless you have a really good background of being able to look at a plate and give a fairly good estimate of its Cals and macros, I'd highly recommend looking up the Cals/macros in the common meals you eat. You can even save them in an app like My Fitness Pal to help track.

You can have 2 plates that are the same size or look very similar, yet have drastic differences in Cals.

2) The BCAAs only cardio. While I don't have any issue with this, it's not required. As long as your daily Cals/macros are the exact same, fasted cardio vs fed cardio results in no difference for regular people. It's the TOTAL DAY'S Cals in vs out and fat burned vs stored that matters, not a snapshot in time.

Fasted cardio will burn more fat DURING, but then you have your breakfast afterwards, then the next couple of hours you're burning the food as full.

If you eat breakfast then do cardio, you'll be using the food as fuel, but after that is gone, you'll be burning fat until your next meal.

There's no net difference. It's 6 of 1, half dozen of the other. Think of fat being stored and burned as people entering and leaving an office building. The traffic flows both ways throughout the day, but at the end of the day, you want more people leaving(fat being burned) than people entering(fat being stored). Ultimately, that comes down to Cals in vs Cals out.

3) Your body will use oxygen as a fuel for 30 minutes then burn fat for the following 30 minutes.... Really????? Your body does NOT use oxygen as a fuel source. Ever. Period. This may be one of the silliest things I have ever read.

4) The 20 minute post workout anabolic window doesn't exist. Your muscles will continue to absorb the necessary nutrients for far longer than 20 mins. And if you still believe it's true, then it's the PRE workout meal and intra workout carbohydrate drink(if taken) that would actually be used in the 20 minute post workout window.

It takes several hours for whole food meals to digest, so your post workout chicken and rice would be used well after the 20 mins expired. But the whole food meal you ate about 2 hours PRIOR to your workout, now that will be utilized in that window.

And if you train first thing in the morning, and can't eat before your workout, eat a solid meal before bed. And yes, it can contain carbohydrates.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've actually done it. He will be only taking 50-70 grams of carbs a day. What will keep him full is his higher protein intake . Protein is low in calories.
It's basically the Adkins diet except you eat your carbs pre and post workout.
The diet isn't going to be high in calories either. Look I'm not in a pissing competition with anyone.
Taking in BCAA while give him energy on a empty belly, which will cause his body to used stored body fat for energy because the body doesn't have carbs ready to use.
Carbs are great but effects everyone differently. Scientifically for ever gram of carbs you eat 2.5 grams of water connect to it equaling 3.5 grams. So if you it a pound of carbs you gain 3.5 pounds, that's why guys in jail blow the up and put on weight fast.
It's been proven that smaller more frequent meals speeds up your metabolism.
And weight training is anaerobic meaning without oxygen thus it's energy source is glucose sugar/energy

Reaction score
Here's my biggest issues with that reply I quoted earlier...

1) Counting calories. No, it's not required. But just because you don't count them does not mean that they do not exist.

Unless you have a really good background of being able to look at a plate and give a fairly good estimate of its Cals and macros, I'd highly recommend looking up the Cals/macros in the common meals you eat. You can even save them in an app like My Fitness Pal to help track.

You can have 2 plates that are the same size or look very similar, yet have drastic differences in Cals.

2) The BCAAs only cardio. While I don't have any issue with this, it's not required. As long as your daily Cals/macros are the exact same, fasted cardio vs fed cardio results in no difference for regular people. It's the TOTAL DAY'S Cals in vs out and fat burned vs stored that matters, not a snapshot in time.

Fasted cardio will burn more fat DURING, but then you have your breakfast afterwards, then the next couple of hours you're burning the food as full.

If you eat breakfast then do cardio, you'll be using the food as fuel, but after that is gone, you'll be burning fat until your next meal.

There's no net difference. It's 6 of 1, half dozen of the other. Think of fat being stored and burned as people entering and leaving an office building. The traffic flows both ways throughout the day, but at the end of the day, you want more people leaving(fat being burned) than people entering(fat being stored). Ultimately, that comes down to Cals in vs Cals out.

3) Your body will use oxygen as a fuel for 30 minutes then burn fat for the following 30 minutes.... Really????? Your body does NOT use oxygen as a fuel source. Ever. Period. This may be one of the silliest things I have ever read.

4) The 20 minute post workout anabolic window doesn't exist. Your muscles will continue to absorb the necessary nutrients for far longer than 20 mins. And if you still believe it's true, then it's the PRE workout meal and intra workout carbohydrate drink(if taken) that would actually be used in the 20 minute post workout window.

It takes several hours for whole food meals to digest, so your post workout chicken and rice would be used well after the 20 mins expired. But the whole food meal you ate about 2 hours PRIOR to your workout, now that will be utilized in that window.

And if you train first thing in the morning, and can't eat before your workout, eat a solid meal before bed. And yes, it can contain carbohydrates.

The primary source for energy is oxygen the first 30 minutes then your body uses fat to add additional energy of course oxygen is always used, but the body after 30 minutes uses the fat for energy to sustain the oxygen and assist.
Maybe i said it wrong at first.
And if you as far as calories in meals two pieces of fish and some broccoli is low and that's what I told the guy. Not eat ice cream and cake 6 times a day because it'll speed up his metabolism.
No disrespect to anyone by the way

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Protein has the exact same calories per gram as carbs which is about 4. Fats have about 9. And alcohol is either 6 or 7, I forget.

The point of BCAAs on fasted cardio is not as a fuel source, although the amino can be used because they DO have calories, contrary to what's probably on the nutrition label. It's a loophole they utilize. The point of the BCAAs is to have aminos in circulation in your bloodstream for the myriad reasons your body uses aminos, which is not just for muscle tissue. If it doesn't have a pool of aminis in circulation, it can pull them from muscle tissue, as we don't have a good store of aminos in our body. We get them from food primarily, the breakdown of body tissue secondarily.

"It's been proven that smaller more frequent meals speeds up your metabolism."... This is just false, it was broscience, and his been thoroughly debunked. Here's one such study... "Effects of Increased Meal Frequency on Fat Oxidation and Perceived Hunger" https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4391809/

Oxygen is used NOT as a fuel source, but it's needed during the oxidation of fatty acids, because there's little/no oxygen molecules in the fatty acid chains. You get the oxygen from breathing, then you expel the byproducts through exhaling and sweating.

Glucose chains, C6H12O6 already have the oxygen within them.

So while oxygen isn't a fuel source, it's required in both carbs and fats being used as fuel.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Plus it is kind of a personal insult to myself
Me getting liposuction? What? Am I too stupid or lazy do do it right?
There is only one place on my body where a white substance can be extracted and that is reserved for a special lady with low standards

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Plus it is kind of a personal insult to myself
Me getting liposuction? What? Am I too stupid or lazy do do it right?
There is only one place on my body where a white substance can be extracted and that is reserved for a special lady with low standards

It was <sarcasm>

Skullcrusher

Elite
Reaction score
Losing weight is 80% diet and 20% exercise.

I agree with CJ, start walking like crazy.

Perfect way to get started losing weight.

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
Hence my sarcastic reply ;)
Unless some one here actually believes that a 5'7" man weighting 280 pounds 50%> body fat can actually get laid ;)
Theres a toothless crack smoking beaut out there with the lowest expectations possible.

Anyone can get laid, if you shoot for the bottom youre at the bottom. But at least you shot for something

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
Unless some one here actually believes that a 5'7" man weighting 280 pounds 50%> body fat can actually get laid ;)
Not with that attitude.

I have friends that weigh 400lbs and still get it in.. getting laid has a lot less to do with appearance than it does with attitude, personality, confidence, humor etc

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
one of my oldest friends has always been huge but he literally bangs sexy chicks all the time. He is so confident and has a personality that women want.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Another short video by Andy Galpin, breaking down the post exercise anabolic window, and when it matters and when it doesn't. It's a good watch.

https://youtu.be/_FnDbiU3cn8

So I guess I'll retract my earlier statement that the anabolic window doesn't exist, and change it to it probably doesn't matter in our situations.

Last edited:

New Threads