New to PEDs, TRT dosage or Typical cycle on and off?

Reaction score
Hello , I was sitting on the thought of getting into PEDs for years, since I was 16 I always considered it but decided against it until I was certain my diet and training was in check. From everything I've watched and learned it sounds like a testosterone only cycle is best to start with and tbh at least right now I'm not that interested in trying anything else, I just want to do it as safe as possible with the best outcome . The main thing I wonder is, is it better to do the typical cycle and then come off and pct and do it again , or would you be better off starting out with a TRT dosage and staying on it for good. I just submitted a request for my bloods to be done to get a base line of where I am before committing to anything. I'm 23 years old and in theory my natural T is probably decent but it begins to decline later in life anyway right? I'll be getting on TRT regardless to try counter the decline of hormones that will come later in life anyway but obviously I'm still young yet , i'd be talking around 30 or so. There's 7 years until then. What do you think? I'm afraid of what coming off after cycles will be like , i've never experienced it and it doesn't sound like a fun experience at all, whereas my thought process is , what if I just stayed on with 150mg - 200 mg and never pushed any higher and stayed on? The only other thought that comes to mind then is finding a good source and then actually being able to continuously get it delivered to the house (like if they seize it once and blacklist ur address or something). Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Just NO to all of the above.

Wait until you get the results of your tests back.

While you're here, start reading up. Soak up some knowledge.

And feel free to go to the New Members Intro area and post up a proper introduction, goals and history, etc...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Will do , Already looking through stuff, Not going to be making any rash decisions, bloods were just the first step to see where I'm at.

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
Yeah, what CJ said!

If your levels come back normal range, dont go fukkin up a good thing!

On the other hand if you are hypogonadal TRT is the only way to go.

Do your research and be smart, ask questions also.

Guys may bust your balls or tell you something you don't want to hear. But its all good advice, take that for what it is but you won't be led astray here!

Boogie

Reaction score
100% agree , it's probably the biggest decision of my life and I hear too often of people who get just jump on and then quit after doing a cycle or two due to them losing all their motivation after experiencing training on gear / not being informed/done enough research beforehand . I will post the bloodwork when I get it and see where to go from there, in the mean time i'll keep reading. thanks for the welcomes

Reaction score
100% agree , it's probably the biggest decision of my life and I hear too often of people who get just jump on and then quit after doing a cycle or two due to them losing all their motivation after experiencing training on gear / not being informed/done enough research beforehand . I will post the bloodwork when I get it and see where to go from there, in the mean time i'll keep reading. thanks for the welcomes

At the age of 23 can you picture yourself on the needle for the rest of your life?

What are your goals here? Are you relying on your physique to earn a living or are you just looking to develop your body more. There’s a big difference there.

Do you have a trainer or a coach? If not, save the money you would be spending on cycles to hire a good coach. I think you’d be amazed at how much additional progress you can make natty.

Lastly, what about kids? Maybe you don’t want them now but what if you meet the love of your life and she wants to settle down and raise a family. Is trading that for better gym performance really worth it?

Everyone here can tell you that your dreams and aspirations at 23 are different than what you will actually enjoy at the age of 33 and even totally different than what you’re going to value at 43. Life changes.

Reaction score
Yeh exactly, it's not a clear cut decision , I could just as easily have a completely different mindset years later though this is the dilemma I have . I started the whole bodybuilding thing after being extremely depressed and it was the only thing that gave me that purpose feeling. Self esteem was in the toilet and it definitely helped with that massively. I don't think I'd ever give up training regardless of what path I take, only thing that keeps me going. Doing it for a living is definitely a possibility, ideally a side income, anything at all would be a bonus. I trade cryptocurrency/stocks for my living so I have a lot of time to dedicate to my meal cooking and training/ cardio etc.

Addicted to seeing my body progress, the thought of being able to have newbie gains again on top of what I already have is obviously very enticing - hence why I'm here.

I suppose after I get my bloodtest results and everything else it might make it a bit easier to decide, I could see myself on the needle forever if it would be an improvement in quality of life if I do indeed have lower T levels. I do have some of the symptoms but it could be from all the dieting and trying to stay as lean as possible. No sex drive at all either. Hearing from a couple people how it improved a lot of the issues they had as well as having that enhanced experience training is what started to make me more and more curious to explore it. If I do decide to go ahead with, I'd want to do it the "safest" way possible with as much risk management as possible. Could anybody here give me a rough description of what coming off and doing PCT is like? Theres a lot of mixed views on that some people make it sound like a nightmare , it's probably the most off putting part to me.

Reaction score
Listen. You're still young. You're figuring out your life still. Most of us on here are slaves to the needle for life. You obviously have a lot of anxiety and second guessing yourself regarding doing your first cycle. If you believe gear will remove the depression from your life and give you some feeling of purpose, well buckle your ****in seatbelt son! You will be a mess. I don't mean that in a bad way. But as someone who's been around a while, to answer your question: NO. Do not do it.

Your natural T is good enough. Your 23 you may not love bodybuilding a couple years from now. Then what? You're still sticking yourself with a needle for the rest of your life. Also maybe post some stats and pics. Your lifts. We would be able to give you better advice. I'm not trying to be a dick here but reading your posts you are nowhere near ready and should see where life takes you still.

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
Мишка;686013 said:
Don't do on/off. Blast and cruise is the way to go IMHO.

Really Mishka, that's your recommendation to a 23yo kid who's never cycled nor crashed his hpta to an unrecoverable state!?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Really Mishka, that's your recommendation to a 23yo kid who's never cycled nor crashed his hpta to an unrecoverable state!?
Sorry if someone got me wrong - at OP : If you should EVER decide to go on steroids - I'd recommend to b&c.
It wasn't meant to you specific - more as a general recommendation.

Tbh I would not start to do any kind of PEDs until I a) want to be competitive and earn money of off it or b) having tested my T levels and they were low enough to prescribe a TRT.

Don't do steroids "for fun" or just "to try" - it's a life changing decision tbh.

ATLRigger

Elite
Reaction score
Мишка;686024 said:
It wasn't meant to you specific - more as a general recommendation.

Adrenolin makes a good point.
Let’s be mindful of our audience.

Мишка;686024 said:
Don't do steroids "for fun" or just "to try" - it's a life changing decision.
Um, I appreciate your caution but that’s just not reality. People decide to jump on performance enhancing drugs—some anabolics, some not—for a variety of reasons.
Big picture is that you’re also still in your 20s, just like the op, and you started gear right about the same age as the OP, so maybe you could offer some introspection;
why did you hop on gear in your early 20s?
what would you do differently?
what do you wish you had known?

Stuff like that is where we can help each other make the most informed decision and grow a healthy community of strong men and women.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sure, that is true.

It was just meant to be "the best possible scenario" - I'm aware many - if not most - people jump on PEDs etc. w/o "needing" them.

Reaction score
Sadly I was too late to edit:

Yea, I also did that.
I tried to be reasonable and not "promote" it.

Me, personally, hopped on gear because I was sure me, for myself, could never ever be big enough - I am pretty sure I got bigorexia - I do always feel fat and always feel (and felt) small.

I want to be the biggest I can possibly become and I (up to this moment) don't think I have any health issues - if I did bloodwork (which I did very rarely) I never had any issues.

And I knew I can't get big enough on steroids "only" and I can't afford gh - so how the f I should be happy with my look being natural? No way. So in my head it was the only way for me PERSONALLY.

I guess I'd not change much steroidwise - I maybe should've started earlier to train with heavy set + back-off set - but steroidwise - No, I do regret anything. I guess if I would start again, with the knowledge of today I'd be having more muscle mass now.

But I guess I have another goal then most - I'd prefer to look like a Ruhl, Rami or a Heath in the off season - where others would prefer to look like Arnold or like any of the classic physique competitors today.

My favourite looks are : Rich Piana, Jens Dalsgaard and Illia "Golem" Yefimchyk. Crazy huge guys, with some synthol in them to look unrealistic like an action hero figure.

New Threads