Humulin R Price

H 3 L L S M A N

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This is over the counter stuff and not illegal so if this is still breaking the rules then delete it.

I was wondering if $24 is a good price for a bottle of Humulin R brand name version. This is this the price I was told at Wal-Mart in the States. I have not checked a Canadian pharmacy but I assume it would be more expensive correct.

pirovoliko

Reaction score
Not sure this is over the counter in NY. Never saw it on shelves...lol

H 3 L L S M A N

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Humalog is not over the counter this is the fastest form of Insulin, NY has different laws most states allow Insulin to be bought without prescription but the pharmacist can refuse if you come off as a person who does not need it or is using it for bodybuilding purposes like me. So its smart not to wear fitted clothes or a tank top or muscle shirt and be polite.

But Humulin R is.

pirovoliko

Reaction score
interesting...just curious ..what do you tell the pharmacist?

H 3 L L S M A N

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
interesting...just curious ..what do you tell the pharmacist?

Since its legal were I am, I went up and asked the price for a single unit of Humulin R. When I am ready to buy it I say I do not have insurance and I say I am a diabetic, if they ask more question I simply respond that I do not wish to discuss private medical details. It never gets to this point though because I know how to talk to people, its all about how you present yourself and not stopping and thinking when they ask you a detailed question about the product you are using.

For instance if he or she asked when this form of insulin peaks and how long it stays active in the system you should be ready to answer this, or it shows you have no business using it. You can also buy this online, but they will not ship to a State that does not allow insulin to be purchased over the counter.

H 3 L L S M A N

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The reason Insulin is over the counter is because not everyone in the States can afford doctor/visits but insulin for some people is a necessity for life. So this is why certain forms of insulin can be purchased without a prescription.

Mind2muscle

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I was not aware of this but thanks for the information H3llsman!

pirovoliko

Reaction score
The reason Insulin is over the counter is because not everyone in the States can afford doctor/visits but insulin for some people is a necessity for life. So this is why certain forms of insulin can be purchased without a prescription.

thats what i figured and its a good policy.

H 3 L L S M A N

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Out of my own research for 100iu of Humulin-R this is an amazing price, another website was selling the same item for $88.00 so I will be sticking with Wal-Mart then.

Reaction score
It is over the counter but it is refrigerated so you have to get it from a pharmacy,you can get it from the Walmart pharmacy without a scrip. $24 is low.

New Threads