Are love handles (muffin top) a symptom of insulin resistance?

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I dont really have gut issues except for when I eat too much carby/sugary shit. Then its mostly just farty grossness.

But IF and healthyish eating means Ill have one solid shit in the morning with coffee and nothing else the rest of the day.

My understanding is that it starves off unhealthy gut microbes rather quickly.

Reaction score
I used to have issues with too much flatulence in the past. When I discovered the low FODMAP diet and Dan Efferding's Vertical Diet and implemented it my constant farting immediately ceased. I'm talking a 100% reduction in farting.

I used to feel bad for others in public or at the gym who had to suffer through my constant farts. I unintentionally victimized all those poor souls around me. :LOL:

Now I follow the Vertical Diet about 80% of the time. I can count the number of farts I pass in one week with my fingers on one hand. Before I ever did the Vertical Diet I was farting more than twenty times a day. It was ridiculous.

Reader591

Reaction score
I dont really have gut issues except for when I eat too much carby/sugary shit. Then its mostly just farty grossness.
Same.

Alcohol screws my gut too. No shocker though.

If I over do certain protein sources I get gassy too.

Or just incredibly not needed amounts of protein.

Or eating too close to each other in meals. 4 meals max for me in a day in a bulk.

Reader591

Reaction score
For those that have mentioned possible gut issues, I swear by bone broth. Make sure it says "bone broth" on the product label and not just broth. I started taking it to follow Dan Efferding's low FODMAP diet about a year ago. After the first day I took it I felt like something shifted in my gut in about a day. It was kinda unpleasant but only lasted for about ten seconds. I never felt something like that before. Then after that my gut never felt better.

No real scientific evidence to back up my claims. But how can you lose? One cup has 9g of protein. I drink one cup of chicken bone broth and one cup of beef bone broth daily and mix it in with my food.
We make almost anything you’d use a broth in with bone broth. I’ve also made it at times in the croc pot.

Like you say, extra protein, so why not.

But yes at times I’ve accidentally in a hurry picked up just broth and get annoyed when I get home and notice. Normally my wife notices.

But to be honest, I’ve noticed no effects on my gut from it. But I don’t have any real chronic issues. Mostly when I did something stupid.

Then it’s inflammation and allergies flare up, plus normally but not always gassy.

New Threads