Cambered bar

Big Worm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Is the bar solid across the top or tube? What is the diameter? Looks like 2" and thats too big IMO. Price??

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This one is 185 bucks.
Should I be looking at the 1 piece bar that is just bent into the camber or the ones like this that are welded?

DADAWG

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i have never had acces to one but it would save on the shoulders . IMO if your going serious weight then 1 piece would be better.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Get a Safety Squat Bar and some suspension straps

The new Cambered bars sucks nobody likes them but the old ones rock.

Old Bar

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
SFG,
I saw you thread about the straps, so I got a set. I have a safety squat bar and I use it right now. I am still teaching myself the good morning . I watched a lot of vids and couldn't decide on the 2 different style bars. I wonder if a guy could go to a machine shop with a piece of cold rolled steel and get it bent like the old ones.

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i have never had acces to one but it would save on the shoulders . IMO if your going serious weight then 1 piece would be better.

I am leaning toward the 1 piece.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
SFG,
I saw you thread about the straps, so I got a set. I have a safety squat bar and I use it right now. I am still teaching myself the good morning . I watched a lot of vids and couldn't decide on the 2 different style bars. I wonder if a guy could go to a machine shop with a piece of cold rolled steel and get it bent like the old ones.

I'm sure someone can make one bro.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
SFG,

It would need to be mandrel bent stock.

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It would need to be mandrel bent stock.

Right, like in a jig so the angles are the same. We have a local shop that could do it. It looks like it is has about 4 feet between the drops.

Big Worm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
S4L, can you weld? I made my own. It's similar to the one you posted but its all round tube. Ive used both styles and really have no preference. They both work.

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
S4L, can you weld? I made my own. It's similar to the one you posted but its all round tube. Ive used both styles and really have no preference. They both work.

Did you just use a normal barbell and cut it? What size did you use for the top and how far apart are the drops ? It seams like the welded ones are closer together. I guess just for comfort and to rack it?

Big Worm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Top bar is 1.25 solid, the down bars are 2" along with the ones the weight slides on. Ill get some measurements tonight. Nothin fancy but it works.

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Top bar is 1.25 solid, the down bars are 2" along with the ones the weight slides on. Ill get some measurements tonight. Nothin fancy but it works.

I am all about the less expensive route.

Thanks Worm

heavydeads83

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
safety squat bars work great for good mornings dude.

JOMO

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Just saw that they have an old school cambered bar at my gym hidden in the back. Only prob is it looks alittle more bowed and at first glance doesn't look like it can be racked. Weird, but im going to give it a shot Monday.

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
safety squat bars work great for good mornings dude.

I am using a safty squat bar right now, but it seams like the weight is in the wrong place. I dont know if that makes sense on not. My glutes and hams need work and with the safty squat bar the pressure is on my back. I am still learning the good morning and I always look for any advantage I can get.

New Threads