Diabetic help

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out what is going on with my cycles.. My last cycle I didn't put on any weight or strength. Test/deca/dbol. Anyway I've be Diabetic type 2 for 6 years now and my labs are great, 2740 on test at 600/wk. Anyway not to boar anyone but I do 4 shots of Humalog/novalog70/30 and 1 levemir at night. So I'm I missing something?? Or is their any Diabetic Brothers than can put me on the right track.. I guess I'm asking is there something I should be doing different being Diabetic. I thought I seen 63Vette was a Diabetic.. So I hope theres some thought or Any help .. Thanks As always- AnalogMan

Braw16

Reaction score
My wife is a type diabetic before I could maybe give you an answer what does your A1C look like and what would you say your average sugars are each day and also also what is you carb to slin ratio. Seems your having problem with protein synthesis or you could be becoming insulin resistant thats why I asked what I did.

Reaction score
That's a great question. My A1c runs about 6.7 every 3 months. But there are times when my sugar can 250-280,and then It could be low as (50). And as your wife knows, that's a scary feeling.. Plus I have noticed I'm using more Insulin this last past year. I don't know what you mean (carb to slin ratio?? But I want to know??? Thanks for even taking the time to answer brother, any help means the world to me... Thanks Greatly AnalogMan

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey man, been a type 1 diabetic since 04 (juvenile diabetes). I ran my 1st cycle this winter and for the 1st 6 weeks, my sugars stabilized like a mofo. I typically had around a 6.8-7.1 A1c, so pretty much around 120-180 blood sugar. Like you, there are the lows and highs, I typically have more lows, 12 is my lowest. Now, the following 6 weeks was complete and utter horse shit... my typical carb to insulin ration (as mentioned above...how many cabrs will 1 unit of insulin cover you). Im at a 1 unit to 10 carb ratio (pretty normal). I could eat eggs for breakfast and my sugar would go from 60 right to 450+ even with taking 20 units of insulin (200 carbs)...this went on and on for 6 weeks. I talked to my endocrine doctor and he had no clue, stated that the androgens sometimes will have a reverse effect on your system and randomly flip back to stabilizing your sugars. Its a really weird thing that us diabetics go thru while on gear. I would go through about 50 units a day (5000 carbs) and my sugar was still 350+...Ive yet to find a direct and positive answer but this is all I was able to come by. The following 6 weeks...right back to normal. I gained a shit ton of fat/weight during those middle 6 weeks because of all of the insulin I was pounding in.

All in all... my advise is to ensure you are checking your bloods at least 5-8 times a day while on gear. Pay attention to those things and remember...your diabetes is far more important that running gear will ever be <-- POB told me this and it is 100% correct. Ensure your diet is in order because if you arent gaining weight and your levels are where they should be, it sounds more like a diet problem. get everything in check. Also, you can talk to your endocrine doctor about this stuff. Ive told him everything because most of them will obviously say they dont condone taking gear but they want to make sure you are safe with it and will help where they can. best of luck brother and let me know if you have anymore questions. sorry for the long as book

Reaction score
Thanks Bro, Yea ya know I test my sugar 4-5 a day, but when I first stated my cycle this last time everything went good for about a month, I thought Testosterone was the cure for Diabetics. My A1C was good,I remember even telling my Doc that. Then I went to a 4 week class on diabetic eating ,it's a great class if your a bird. But I did learn a lot. And I work on it everyday... It's a battle brother, but we'll figure it out. Damn you hit (12). I've been 42 before and was shaking so much I couldn't hold a glass of water. I was riding my bike once and was at a light, and my sugar went low, I had to shoot the light, couldn't even hold my bike up.( you know that feeling) I appreciate your thought brother, and wish you all the best on your journey. We'll figure it out, and maybe help another brother/sister in need. Thanks Again my new friend/brother..... AnalogMan

BigTruck

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to si and good luck I'm sure you'll get some help here. I'm hypo but thankfully haven't had any issues with my cycle I just eat if I'm low lol.

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
yea when it was 12 I woke up to EMS standing over me with an IV in my arm the equiv of 42 candy bars of sugar water. 42 is a typical for me, I dont notice low sugars till about 40, mine drops quite a bit. Especially right now when Im running a keto diet so I honestly take about 2-5 units during an entire day. Those classes are helpful in the way you eat but while doing this, its def going to be a lot different in the way you eat. You will eat more carbs in general than they will recommend. No cure for diabetes, though there are some in Europe but US is too worried about doctors keeping their jobs but anyways... test seems to help in stabilizing your sugars more, according to my doc. Not a cure but it does help. It seems it will come and go in the even of helping or hurting. Mine was great on for 2/3 but was awful for the other 1/3. Essentially...just keep an eye on it and if your sugar goes whack...adjust with the insulin.