Lifting at 4-415 am any advice?

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I posted a q about supps for early morning lifts so now i need everyone to chime in and tell how they do what they do in the early morning hours?

What do u do to get ready for lifting in the am?

How do u know ur back is ready for squats?
Deads
Or
Presses?

Techniques to get ready:
Stretches
Liss?( form of cardio)

Do u do any accessory moves to ready ur joints?

Just need to ask what early morning lifters do, to do what they do!!

Thanks
J20

Azog

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Wake up later...

I am just being a dick with nothing useful to say. Respect to you tho bro, cause I am a beast at that hour. I need at least 1 meal and several cups of coffee before I am fit for human interaction, let alone the gym.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Wake up later...

I am just being a dick with nothing useful to say. Respect to you tho bro, cause I am a beast at that hour. I need at least 1 meal and several cups of coffee before I am fit for human interaction, let alone the gym.

Haha cool i figured id get some of these replys! Haha!

Yeah im not to the point that i can do this am shit but need advice so when its time, I WAIST MOT TIME!!

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
stretching should be wise. one or two cups black cofee.
light weight warm up( if natty)
.....on cycle? fuck it go hard. you'll love the rest of the day.
one thing for me. no sore days when on cycle. other than that... be safe. at those hrs its usually women before work and no spotters( if needed)

you own the gym at those hrs.

G

Georgia

I've done that a few times back when I had to be at work at 4:30 am. I'd actually go to the gym at 3 a.m.

Best thing I can tell you to get ready for this is immediately hop on the elliptical for 5 minutes (or treadmill) and get your heart up and running and wake your body up nice and warm. Going in there tired with a low heart rate will lead to crappy workouts (for me anyway).

Then go hit the weights. A pre-workout would be good too....or straight up caffeine.

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sunday for me is the only day I get up to workout at 5:30am , I go empty stomach with a pre workout and carry my amino silk to sip on during. I warm up like Georgia said then it's showtime.

Patriot1405

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I warm up at 3:30am by doing 5 sets of jumping jacks x 20, supersetted with 5 sets of burpees x 20. Then run in place, knees high, till fatigued x 3. I usually work up a good sweat by then. The. I hit the weights!!

whitelml

Reaction score
Liftn in the a.m. for me is pain. I have to make a pre workout drink the night before and set it on my nightstand. Alarm goes off I slam it and lay back down until I have to shit.....lol. The best thing about morning workouts is the rest of the day. Makes me feel relaxed and ready for whatever. You will be less likely to miss a workout with an a.m. routine also.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt be able to make it that early

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
stretching should be wise. one or two cups black cofee.
light weight warm up( if natty)
.....on cycle? fuck it go hard. you'll love the rest of the day.
one thing for me. no sore days when on cycle. other than that... be safe. at those hrs its usually women before work and no spotters( if needed)

you own the gym at those hrs.

Not on cycle just trt, at the moment! Wow might have to start up in a few months!!

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've done that a few times back when I had to be at work at 4:30 am. I'd actually go to the gym at 3 a.m.

Best thing I can tell you to get ready for this is immediately hop on the elliptical for 5 minutes (or treadmill) and get your heart up and running and wake your body up nice and warm. Going in there tired with a low heart rate will lead to crappy workouts (for me anyway).

Then go hit the weights. A pre-workout would be good too....or straight up caffeine.

See im gonna be lifting at home, and have an elliptical as well! So this might be the best bet!!

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I warm up at 3:30am by doing 5 sets of jumping jacks x 20, supersetted with 5 sets of burpees x 20. Then run in place, knees high, till fatigued x 3. I usually work up a good sweat by then. The. I hit the weights!!

Nice! Thanks!! Will have to use this routine as well!

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Liftn in the a.m. for me is pain. I have to make a pre workout drink the night before and set it on my nightstand. Alarm goes off I slam it and lay back down until I have to shit.....lol. The best thing about morning workouts is the rest of the day. Makes me feel relaxed and ready for whatever. You will be less likely to miss a workout with an a.m. routine also.

Yeah i know... Im gonna have to do the same thing, and ill also be in my masters program as well! Its gonna be ruff, but i cant really get it done after work!

Dtownry

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Rowing is a good overall stretch and warmup and gets a good sweat going. Bike, running, eliptical won't get some of the muscles you need stretched or warmed up. Try it.

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I get up and take my animal pak and eat some protein, then 20 minutes later start stretching. Always do dynamic stretching and just do a few different stretches to hit the muscle or muscles I plan to hit then start off with a super light warm up. Really try to feel the weight in the warm up this will let you know if you have something needing more stretching or to be warmed up more. Personally I always do at least 2 good warm up sets before getting into any real weight.

Been working out at 4AM for years in the last 4 years have not had any significant injuries. I also feel cardio before workout is a waste in the morning just warm up and stretch good.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Lots of good info!

MadeInDixie

Reaction score
I go to the gym at 4 am. I drink a pre workout on the way and have a shake while I do my warmup on the elliptical. After that I hit it like a beast. I eat a good breakfast after on my way to work. The best thing to do is find a partner that will not only help push you, but also be able to spot you. Good luck brother.

New Threads