what do you guys think?

goesto11

Reaction score
This is what I do: skill, strength, and mobility work first thing AM on the rings and paralettes for 1-1.5hrs and then weight training 6-7 hours later for 30m-1h.

workout A
AM press and handstand work
diamond push-ups 5x20
planche lean hold 8x15s
handstand wall walks 5x5 up down = 1
pbar dips 4x7 never to failure, 50% of max reps at most
handstand wall kicks 8x5
handstand bent arm static hold 8x10s - head almost touching floor then hold
psuedo planche push-ups 8x5

workout A
PM weight training
cashout pre-exhaust leg routine + dead lift 5x 5-10 after leg work

workout B
AM pull
band work 'shoulder dislocations'
pull-ups 5x5 2s static hold @ top 4-5 second neg - keeping scap retracted
front lever raise 6x5
front lever pull-up 6x3-5
chin-up 5x5 same protocol as pull-ups
inverted hang->back lever with 5s pause 4x3-5
360s front lever to back lever smooth and controlled 1s pause 5x2-3
body-weight rows with feet elevated 5x5

workout B PM
flat Bench Press 5x5-10
cashout shoulder routine db side raise/front raise; overhead press; db side raise 4 super sets

4 super sets of forearm work to failure grip board @ whatever lbs = 15 reps followed by wrist roller up/down once @ max weight

week breakdown is
ABxABxx - on the X days it's 20-30 mins of skipping right after wake up, 1hour of mobility/flexibility and some light static/stability work

thoughts? advice? anyone else do work with gymnastic rings?

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Honestly..... you need to do more push ups

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Wow been here a week and already doing cashouts routine?

Are you using Lettuce No Ester pre workout?

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
push ups and lettuce bro thats all u need

bronco

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Handstand presses huh...WOW!!!

oldschool67

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I would revamp and stick strictly with weight training, and as for your skill and mobility I would do shitloads of olympic lifts..no need to thank me.

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
excuse me gents.... but gymnastics rings? did I miss something?

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
4uw5

goesto11

Reaction score
Wow been here a week and already doing cashouts routine?

Are you using Lettuce No Ester pre workout?
GOLAD
I never had access to weights until recently. Doing Stronglifts 5x5, but was interested in doing more leg and shoulder work and I happened across Cashout's routine. Figured I would try it. What's wrong with that?

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
GOLAD
I never had access to weights until recently. Doing Stronglifts 5x5, but was interested in doing more leg and shoulder work and I happened across Cashout's routine. Figured I would try it. What's wrong with that?

Nothing's wrong. I was kinda glad to see you join the board and then jump into something you learned here so fast.

When you're doing 5x5, there really is no ancillary stuff needed. Doing more leg and shoulder work is going to detract from your compound lifts in the program and slow you down. 5x5 plus high caloric intake WILL undoubtedly make you bigger, stronger and faster.

Mobility though? Not on your life. That you have to do on your own. I spend the first 30 minutes to an hour prior to training doing mobility work.

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
GOLAD
Because your car wasnt running right...? because of a door chimer or something? Calisthenics is where its at!!!!!!!!

goesto11

Reaction score
Because your car wasnt running right...? because of a door chimer or something? Calisthenics is where its at!!!!!!!!
I lived in the Gospel-Hump Wilderness for a year. My transportation was a mule. I couldn't get him to carry my squat rack.
Nearest "town" was 40 miles away.

goesto11

Reaction score
Nothing's wrong. I was kinda glad to see you join the board and then jump into something you learned here so fast.

When you're doing 5x5, there really is no ancillary stuff needed. Doing more leg and shoulder work is going to detract from your compound lifts in the program and slow you down. 5x5 plus high caloric intake WILL undoubtedly make you bigger, stronger and faster.

Mobility though? Not on your life. That you have to do on your own. I spend the first 30 minutes to an hour prior to training doing mobility work.

Thanks Pillar. I'll keep it simple and focus on the compounds.

>mobility
I can't believe more guys don't take this seriously. Part of the reason I like rings is because you can't avoid training flexibility. My posture has improved 10 fold just doing shoulder dislocations and some hip work. I'm always judging people's posture.