Bench press progression help

Reaction score
how the fuck don't you know when you started training? Has it been 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, 3 years? I mean do you even want to try to take a guess?

Only a troll acts this way. You aren't going to get any help because you aren't even tracking your workouts apparently.

Here's my advice.. you are putting the cart before the horse, stop worrying about your progression and focus on tracking your workouts in full detail instead.

Trolls man, I swear.
I'm not trying to
To annoy you but for when I started to now I haven't been consistently training there have been large blocks maybe three weeks or more without training, because I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. I've only been training consistently, more structured and eating properly for three months straight

Hence I never posted this question before because I knew consistency was the issue what's now I know it could be something else.

So I can't tell you it has been one year of training because I haven't been tailing consistently for one year and I can't tell who has been six months because I haven't been training consistently for six month and I can't say it's been 3 months because I didn't start training three months ago with the bar for bench press

So if you just want to know when I started training it would be one year ago

Hence i made more progress in 3 than I did with a previous eight months.

But the post was really more about how do you progress your bench press reps and sets or something I could be doing extra.

Because there is only so much linear progressing I can do adding weight to each session until what happed before the form and wight gets so heavy it all sucks ass

Last edited:

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I'm not trying to
To annoy you but for when I started to now I haven't been consistently training there have been large blocks maybe three weeks or more without training, because I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. I've only been training consistently, more structured and eating properly for three months straight

Hence I never posted this question before because I knew consistency was the issue what's now I know it could be something else.

So I can't tell you it has been one year of training because I haven't been tailing consistently for one year and I can't tell who has been six months because I haven't been training consistently for six month and I can't say it's been 3 months because I didn't start training three months ago with the bar for bench press

So if you just want to know when I started training it would be one year ago

Hence i made more progress in 3 than I did with a previous eight months.

But the post was really more about how do you progress your bench press reps and sets or something I could be doing extra.

Because there is only so much linear progressing I can do adding weight to each session until what happed before the form and wight gets so heavy it all sucks ass
So you just answered your own question. You aren't consistent, and you won't progress unless you are consistent with your training.

Again, you are putting the cart before the horse by focusing on your training methods before you focus on being consistent.

No advice outside of this will help until you fix your consistency.

If you assume you've been training for a year, then you went from 20.5kg to 57.5kg. That's pretty decent progress, and IMO there's nothing wrong with this level of progression.