Blood pressure

Reaction score
Your diastolic isn’t bad, but systolic is terrible. That’s called Isolated Systolic Hypertension.

It could be gear related, but it could also be a warning sign of arterial hardening or heart valve issues. It could also just be stress, but I’d see your GP about it for sure if it’s consistently that high. Definitely invest in an at-home BP monitor. Anyone who takes AAS should have one — the $100 investment could save your life.
My numbers are usually in this range whether I’m on/off and definitely prior to starting a few years back. I’ve asked my doctor and he hasn’t been worried yet as my last EKG 5 months ago was good, and when he tests me in his office I’m close to 120/80. I have a stressful job, life. And I do see my first number spike at times throughout the year.

I’m going to invest in a monitor. I’ll start to track BP daily. When should I push on my doctor to help me manage this better?

Reaction score
A pulse pressure of 60 is border line indicating there could be heart issues. So, i would still look into what is causing this reading.
Home BP monitors while not always exact are pretty reliable for the most part. Can also depend on how one uses them same as doing it the old fashion way.
Are you saying 60 is borderline as in too low?

I've never really heard of low blood pressure being an indicator of heart issues. This is new to me.

RowdyBrad

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Get a machine and correct cuff for your arm size. First glance, likely due to being at the dr in pain. Check regularly and if need be up the water and lower salt if you intake a ton. Doctors likely won't do anything, including meds, unless it gets decently higher.

buck

Reaction score
Are you saying 60 is borderline as in too low?

I've never really heard of low blood pressure being an indicator of heart issues. This is new to me.
I wrote "pulse pressure." The difference between systolic and diastolic. But yes, low can be a sign of heart problems. I f the heart is to weak to push the blood supply that is needed then it is to low. And cells will starve for oxygen/nutrition.

Reaction score
I wrote "pulse pressure." The difference between systolic and diastolic. But yes, low can be a sign of heart problems. I f the heart is to weak to push the blood supply that is needed then it is to low. And cells will starve for oxygen/nutrition.
I get the some of the symptoms of low blood pressure as soon as mine dips below 80. I'm really sensitive to it for some reason.

buck

Reaction score
I get the some of the symptoms of low blood pressure as soon as mine dips below 80. I'm really sensitive to it for some reason.
If you are talking about diastolic then i would get that looked into. As in general longevity sems to start trending down by a usual reading of 75, actually even lower from a few things i have read. Blockages or having an exceptional large amount of muscle would tend to need higher pressures.

Reaction score
If you are talking about diastolic then i would get that looked into. As in general longevity sems to start trending down by a usual reading of 75, actually even lower from a few things i have read. Blockages or having an exceptional large amount of muscle would tend to need higher pressures.
I have a heart doctor I see regularly due to past issues. I'm all good.

Reaction score
My worst side effect to even TRT level doses of gear is a rapid increase in hemoglobin/crit. Blood thickens > BP goes up. The first time it happened, doc scripted a diazide which dried me out, likely making blood even more vicsious. 25mg HCLdiazide had me in the ED at 210/110. This is with regular donations BTW; I'm learning now that I need to keep my numbers toward the low end so that I can jump up a bit and not be as at risk and pull a pint a month to keep it under control.

New Threads