Blood pressure

Reaction score
Currently cruising at 200mg test Cyp a week. My blood pressure was 153/72 this past weekend at urgent care (had to get a toenail removed). Assuming I should drop my dosage? Any suggestions here.

Reaction score
Currently cruising at 200mg test Cyp a week. My blood pressure was 153/72 this past weekend at urgent care (had to get a toenail removed). Assuming I should drop my dosage? Any suggestions here.
I will add I have been stressed to death the past week or two due to some personal issues. With this I’m not running a cycle probably until 2024 as I go through it, but figured my simple cruise should still be fine.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I will add I have been stressed to death the past week or two due to some personal issues. With this I’m not running a cycle probably until 2024 as I go through it, but figured my simple cruise should still be fine.
If you were in pain. That will raise your BP. If you’re concerned about the BP get a monitor & check it consistently.

Last edited:

JeffGoldblumLips

Reaction score
My bp goes that high just walking into a Dr's office. Got it checked last time my blood got pulled and it was around the same. My numbers in the am after waking up are way better.

Reaction score
Anyone doing gear should get a blood pressure cuff and check their BP regularly. High blood pressure is one of the most dangerous side effects of using gear. It causes:

heart failure
kidney failure (kidneys don't come back once damaged too bad, so this is a big deal)
left ventricle hypertropy
artery damage

Plenty more good stuff: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases...ure/in-depth/high-blood-pressure/art-20045868

So to avoid all this, if your blood pressure gets out of whack, you can either lower your dosage or get off whatever you're on, or you can talk to your doctor about using blood pressure meds to manage it.

I have a heart doctor due to past issues, and they give me meds to control my blood pressure. There is some gear I still can't even take because blood pressure gets higher than the meds can control.

buck

Reaction score
Get a monitor and check pressures through out the day to see what is really happening.

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
Your diastolic isn’t bad, but systolic is terrible. That’s called Isolated Systolic Hypertension.

It could be gear related, but it could also be a warning sign of arterial hardening or heart valve issues. It could also just be stress, but I’d see your GP about it for sure if it’s consistently that high. Definitely invest in an at-home BP monitor. Anyone who takes AAS should have one — the $100 investment could save your life.

Reaction score
To update everyone. I got mine tested again tonight and it was back down to 125/65. Which is still elevated but that’s much much better.
That's much better. I'd have no concerns about being 125/65, but still get a cuff so you can check it regularly.

Reaction score
Absolutely will do. Tonight I just went to my local Publix pharmacy and did their machine in a much less stressful environment. But I will go ahead and grab one. Thanks again.

Reaction score
Home BP monitors are generally terrible. Omron makes the better versions and is still off quite a bit. I think I spent 400$ on 3 monitors before I tossed them and bought a stethescope and manual cuff. You could use an extra hand but its as accurate as the user and never needs batteries.

Reaction score
What makes them so bad? I've heard this a few times.
I wouldn't say they are terrible, but they can be a little off sometimes. I have one of the most expensive omron's and it consistently reads a little higher than a manual check.

Reaction score
Absolutely will do. Tonight I just went to my local Publix pharmacy and did their machine in a much less stressful environment. But I will go ahead and grab one. Thanks again.
Check out this site to get one that is certified accurate.
validatebp.org
Additionally, I steer clear of the wrist types, go for the upper arm type. Filter for extra large in the left column. If cuff is to small, you'll get higher readings.

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
Check out this site to get one that is certified accurate.
validatebp.org
Additionally, I steer clear of the wrist types, go for the upper arm type. Filter for extra large in the left column. If cuff is to small, you'll get higher readings.
I just have a cheapie arm band one and it’s pretty good. It’s within 5 mmHg of the sit-down one at the pharmacy. Good enough to know if I’m at risk of stroking out.

The wrist ones are not terrible accurate.

buck

Reaction score
That's much better. I'd have no concerns about being 125/65, but still get a cuff so you can check it regularly.
A pulse pressure of 60 is border line indicating there could be heart issues. So, i would still look into what is causing this reading.
Home BP monitors while not always exact are pretty reliable for the most part. Can also depend on how one uses them same as doing it the old fashion way.

New Threads