Complete Noob to Enhancement, Looking to Learn

Reaction score
Hey All,

Of all the specialty bodybuilding forums I could find, this one looked the most chill and welcoming. So I thought I'd join ya.

As my title says, I am brand new to even considering gearing up. I always thought the side-effects would not be worth it, but turns out that after doing a bit of research I've come to discover that there are ways to do it that are safe and side-effect free if you do your due diligence and come into this game prepared. Well, that's why I'm here.

About me: I'm 30 years old, and I've been lifting steadily since I was about 12, minus a few unsteady years in the "Freshman 15" days. My dad was a bodybuilder, so he taught me everything I know by a young age. I like to think I have a trainer-level grasp on proper lifting/exercise mechanics. And I'm in control of my diet. I somehow never get sick of plain chicken, rice, and veggies haha

Anyways, despite me knowing very well what I am doing in the gym, and how to take care of myself, I've hit a pretty firm plateau over the last couple of years, and I'm looking at some help breaking past it, and then beyond. I'd wanna start out super SUPER tame for the first half-year or more. Probably looking at Anavar to start, from what I can tell so far.

Any helpful links you guys can offer me as like a walkthrough for this whole process? I'm a scientifically-minded human with plenty of experience reading technical papers, so don't shy away from giving me the nitty-gritty.

Thanks in advance for any input ya'll have, and I'm really looking forward to learning something new here.
-Hawkeye
Welcome. Blood work for sure. First cycle I’d stick with Test only. Just my opinion

Reaction score
I'd look at 300-400 mg/week of Test Cypionate as a reasonable starting point, for 12+ weeks. You'll definitely get gainzzz if training, lifestyle, and diet are good. But it's not so much so that MOST won't have to worry about unwanted side effects. There are no guarantees though, you won't know until you try for yourself.

There's more to running a cycle than the drug(s) you'll use though, start researching bloodwork, PCT, and aromatase inhibitors.
Hell yeah, man. I really appreciate it. I'm definitely not lookin to get swol as fuck. It's not about competing or looking intimidating or whatever. I'm proud of where I've gotten myself thus far, and I think I look great. I'm just looking for that edge that will help me really break past some boundaries and add some definition, and most importantly strength. So low dosage test sounds perfect, and we'll see where that gets me.

I got a full bloodwork panel done a few months ago, so I'll see how pertinent that info is to what I need for cycling. And yeah, definitely gotta learn proper PCT and AI usage, I don't want to fuck my shit up just for some gainz.

Thanks again.

dirtys1x

Reaction score
Welcome to the UG! Since you mention an Anavar cycle, I'll just note that you have quite a bit of reading and research to do before even thinking about running anything. There's plenty of information here (noted by @TomJ), so definitely take advantage of that.

Be_A_Hero

Reaction score
i'm new here too but the community is great. I'm following and ready to learn. I'm a longtime lifter but new to AAS as well