Dieting on cardarine

Reaction score
I've come across multiple discussions online debating the ideal diet to follow while taking Cardarine, such as the contrasting views of keto versus CICO (Calories In, Calories Out).
Alongside this, there's talk about the actual mechanisms of Cardarine and its impact on workouts.

Staying focused on the subject without delving into unrelated part about cancer studies, I'm seeking clarification on the misconceptions around the appropriate use of Cardarine to aid weight loss, specifically its synergy with different diets and its influence on strength during workouts vs the endurance gain.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
diet is diet.... Cardarine is a PPAR agonist. One has nothing to do with the other; in other words, there is no "best" diet to use with cardarine. The best diet is the one that you can adhere to consistently and that puts you in an energy deficit.

Cardarine has no influence on strength. Unless you are trying to lose fat, in which case you'd be in a caloric deficit. The caloric deficit would have a negative impact on strength.

Reaction score
That was my thoughs on the topic as well.

I saw several debates stating that its smarter to use a keto style diet while on cardarine because it “burns fat instead” and that “since your body is burning fat, therefore you dont need to eat carbs to fuel your muscles”..

I figured that was all misconception and hearsay.

I am in a caloric deficit but i also box and grapple now so i was looking for something to help with endurance as i gas out easily especially now that im trying to lose fat.

Any recommendations while on cardarine other than the usual?
•calorie deficit
•lots of water
•high intensity

Reaction score
Cardarine will cause
That was my thoughs on the topic as well.

I saw several debates stating that its smarter to use a keto style diet while on cardarine because it “burns fat instead” and that “since your body is burning fat, therefore you dont need to eat carbs to fuel your muscles”..

I figured that was all misconception and hearsay.

I am in a caloric deficit but i also box and grapple now so i was looking for something to help with endurance as i gas out easily especially now that im trying to lose fat.

Any recommendations while on cardarine other than the usual?
•calorie deficit
•lots of water
•high intensity
cardio

Reaction score
Cardarine will cause

cardio
Yes. I ride the bike machine for 30 minutes 3-4 times a week and i spar/box 2 times a week(10, 3 min rounds) , sometimes with added bag work in the mornings for 30 minutes as well.

Reaction score
Yes. I ride the bike machine for 30 minutes 3-4 times a week and i spar/box 2 times a week(10, 3 min rounds) , sometimes with added bag work in the mornings for 30 minutes as well.
That’s pretty good. Do you really think cardarine is going to have a significant effect?

Reaction score
That’s pretty good. Do you really think cardarine is going to have a significant effect?
The first day i took it, i was able to go 8 full sparing rounds with a 280lbs 6’5” freak of nature tireless monster which is basically all evading and counter work that would leave most people in my position exhausted after a few rounds. I was completely fine after. I usually gas out after 4-5 rounds with any sparing partner for context.
If that effect will last during the entire cycle of 8-12 weeks is questionable but we’ll see

Reader591

Reaction score
keto versus CICO
The only contrast here should be adherence as stated above. Keto just helps with calories in calories out. Maybe you can make a case for more stable blood sugar if you have some insulin sensitivity problems.

My personal experience was after some time on keto and my insulin sensitivity increased, AND put in muscle (this helps too) along with just eating better than a sad diet and working out, I can now tolerate carbs much more carbs. Still eat less than most at a place like this, but can get away with more without getting tired and weird blood sugar issues.

Bottom line is what was already said, eat what you can stick too best and makes you feel best for your current goal.

Xxplosive

Reaction score
diet is diet.... Cardarine is a PPAR agonist. One has nothing to do with the other; in other words, there is no "best" diet to use with cardarine. The best diet is the one that you can adhere to consistently and that puts you in an energy deficit.

Cardarine has no influence on strength. Unless you are trying to lose fat, in which case you'd be in a caloric deficit. The caloric deficit would have a negative impact on strength.

It has a slight impact on strength endurance. You might not be able to lift heavier weights, but you can probably keep working for longer before crapping out.

The "cardarine diet" is just eating less than you burn. I did try keto on it and felt like shit bc it does lower blood sugar.

It's best use is for doing fasted cardio for longer.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
It has a slight impact on strength endurance. You might not be able to lift heavier weights, but you can probably keep working for longer before crapping out.

The "cardarine diet" is just eating less than you burn. I did try keto on it and felt like shit bc it does lower blood sugar.

It's best use is for doing fasted cardio for longer.
If you can't lift heavier weights then that's not strength then is it? It's purely endurance/stamina, and it has no impact on strength itself.

No shit about the diet. That's exactly what I wrote.

Quality contribution

Xxplosive

Reaction score
If you can't lift heavier weights then that's not strength then is it? It's purely endurance/stamina, and it has no impact on strength itself.

Quality contribution

If you can lift 225 lbs 9x instead of 10x, then that is strength endurance, a term you don't seem to understand the definition of.

If a guy can run at 8 mph for 10 minutes longers than normal, there is an element of strength endurance at play, since speed and power output go hand in hand.

If you can lift can lift weights or maintain a speed longer than you could before, that is strength endurance.

2 + 2 = 4. Shocking, right?

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
If you can lift 225 lbs 9x instead of 10x, then that is strength endurance, a term you don't seem to understand the definition of.

If a guy can run at 8 mph for 10 minutes longers than normal, there is an element of strength endurance at play, since speed and power output go hand in hand.

If you can lift can lift weights or maintain a speed longer than you could before, that is strength endurance.

2 + 2 = 4. Shocking, right?
that's just endurance/stamina. Besides, it's unlikely that people are going to get stronger on cardarine because nearly everyone who uses it will be ina caloric deficit and that will negatively impact strength.

Again, useless "quality" contribution... BTW, are you ever going to answer my questions I posed to you in the Hamas thread? A real Persian would 🙄

Reaction score

Quality contribution
Cardarine cleared up my blood work. I had increasing blood sugar and and worse cholesterol’s each year from mid 40’s -52 and was getting closer to needing medications for them and Cardarine made my overall numbers look better than when I got my first blood panels at 40. It also burns the fat underneath my stomach muscle similar to how HGH did when I tried it noticeably at 30 days. I definitely feel more aerobic on it and with no strength gain same as everyone says. The only thing other thing I did differently was take the NAC supplement at 1800 mgs a day. Everything else stayed the same. Same diet same everything. I also haven’t heard about cancer with it. I know some mice got non cancerous tumors with huge doses over prolonged periods of time. Maybe there’s new studies out there recently that I’ve missed idk. Personally I think it’s great

Reaction score
that's just endurance/stamina. Besides, it's unlikely that people are going to get stronger on cardarine because nearly everyone who uses it will be ina caloric deficit and that will negatively impact strength.

Again, useless "quality" contribution... BTW, are you ever going to answer my questions I posed to you in the Hamas thread? A real Persian would 🙄

Reaction score
It does boost workout capacity which would in turn build strength. If you can bench press for an extra set or 5 extra minutes, or whatever, you’ll eventually get stronger

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
It does boost workout capacity which would in turn build strength. If you can bench press for an extra set or 5 extra minutes, or whatever, you’ll eventually get stronger
that is because your cardiovascular endurance is better... stop taking cardarine and your endurance goes back to what it was. The increase in endurance won't be permanent unless you're training for endurance... if you are training for endurance then you aren't training for strength or hypertrophy.

Cardarine is not a drug for strength.. but keep believing that it is. Any effect it has on strength is like a tertiary effect due to the improvement in your cardiovascular system. You'd get more out of EQ which can also boost endurance via increased RBC, and it's an anabolic on top of that.

Ignoring drugs entirely, if cardiovascular endurance is holding you back from those extra reps then you'd be better off adding cardio sessions to your training to improve that over time.

If people are using cardarine as a drug to directly gain strength during a mass gain phase, then I have to inform you that you're doing it wrong. 😂

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
now go make an introduction post. We don't know you.

New Threads