Hormone levels

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
@Outnabout73, I'm a gal and my experience is anecdotal, but I can heartily recommend the OTC supplements Calcium D-Glucarate and Diindolylmethane (DIM) for reducing estrogen levels.

I can't speak to how well they work for gentlemen, or how accessible they would be in Australia, but in tandem they managed to significantly reduce, if not completely reverse, my issues with estrogen dominance.

Just wanted to recommend them as something potentially worth researching.
I can say that DIM worked well for me .. so well in fact that I had to stop using it 😂

DesertRose

Lady Member
Reaction score
I can say that DIM worked well for me .. so well in fact that I had to stop using it 😂

No kidding! Did you get your levels tested?

I never had the funds or wherewithal to get my levels tested, so I can only go by the dramatic effects the CDG/DIM had on my menstrual cycles amongst other things. (Sorry for TMI, fellas.) But I've been on them for about three years now non-stop and couldn't be happier. Might cause issues when menopause rolls around, who knows, but hopefully that's far enough in the future that I don't have to worry about it for a while.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
No kidding! Did you get your levels tested?

I never had the funds or wherewithal to get my levels tested, so I can only go by the dramatic effects the CDG/DIM had on my menstrual cycles amongst other things. (Sorry for TMI, fellas.) But I've been on them for about three years now non-stop and couldn't be happier. Might cause issues when menopause rolls around, who knows, but hopefully that's far enough in the future that I don't have to worry about it for a while.
I did, it brought my E2 below 10. However I'm a naturally low aromatizer, with naturally low SHBG.

DesertRose

Lady Member
Reaction score
I did, it brought my E2 below 10. However I'm a naturally low aromatizer, with naturally low SHBG.

Forgive me Send, I'll just be over here quietly pretending that I have any clue what you're talking about. 😂

Reaction score
I would say from experience that you want your estradiol way down from that. Have you had any side effects at 315? Not having gyno is good, but plenty of others at that level.

Reaction score
I would say from experience that you want your estradiol way down from that. Have you had any side effects at 315? Not having gyno is good, but plenty of others at that level.
No what side effects would I get ?

Reaction score
Normal estradiol levels are much lower than 315. I started my cycle 4 weeks ago and take an AI every 2-3 days after week 3. Typically .25 or .5. Im at 400mg/week test cyp divided by 2 shots. Everyone is different but my pecker and other things felt off when it got higher than normal. Running a 10 week cycle. Total test is 2032 and free is low 400’s at last test. Estradiol was 16. Which might be considered “low” and that’s why I started .25 arimidex. Just IMOE63E4D7B-F372-4817-ACE9-F1869BC5EC49.jpeg

Reaction score
Normal estradiol levels are much lower than 315. I started my cycle 4 weeks ago and take an AI every 2-3 days after week 3. Typically .25 or .5. Im at 400mg/week test cyp divided by 2 shots. Everyone is different but my pecker and other things felt off when it got higher than normal. Running a 10 week cycle. Total test is 2032 and free is low 400’s at last test. Estradiol was 16. Which might be considered “low” and that’s why I started .25 arimidex. Just IMOView attachment 13319
Yes but that would be with your free test levels being in the normal range of 260-750 wouldn’t it ??mine is at 3566

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Normal estradiol levels are much lower than 315. I started my cycle 4 weeks ago and take an AI every 2-3 days after week 3. Typically .25 or .5. Im at 400mg/week test cyp divided by 2 shots. Everyone is different but my pecker and other things felt off when it got higher than normal. Running a 10 week cycle. Total test is 2032 and free is low 400’s at last test. Estradiol was 16. Which might be considered “low” and that’s why I started .25 arimidex. Just IMOView attachment 13319
Yes but that would be with your free test levels being in the normal range of 260-750 wouldn’t it ??mine is at 3566
That normal range quoted by the AES is also for people with normal testosterone levels.

Estrogens will climb with exogenous Test use, and it helps with muscle growth as well, so you don't want to completely knock it down.

I do agree that I think 315 is too high for the estradiol, even if no side effects are being felt. I personally think I'd prefer it to be under 100, but over 30 on cycle.