How young is too young for TRT in the bodybuilding world?

Reaction score
Hey all,

Do you think there is an age that's too young for TRT in bodybuilding, or does it all really depend on blood work, test levels, and other factors to consider?

Reaction score
Hey all,

Do you think there is an age that's too young for TRT in bodybuilding, or does it all really depend on blood work, test levels, and other factors to consider?
What’s your natural test level now?

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
For performance, anything under early-mid twenties is too young.

For professional medical treatment, whenever.

Reaction score
For performance, anything under early-mid twenties is too young.

For professional medical treatment, whenever.
Depends on his levels too. If he’s already up there at the high end of normal TRT would be pointless.

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
Depends on his levels too. If he’s already up there at the high end of normal TRT would be pointless.
Yeah but the kids these days are calling mini cycles trt nowadays. Which I assume junior here is planning

Reaction score
Yeah but the kids these days are calling mini cycles trt nowadays. Which I assume junior here is planning
I don’t know. He asks a bunch of stupid questions so I think he’s just trying to get his post count up. Let’s see if he answers anything or ghosts this thread like he did with the others.

buck

Reaction score
I find many that are running a forever cycle just call it TRT to make themselves feel better

Reaction score
Hey all,

I am assuming by TRT in bodybuilding you are not talking about TRT in general as the case for those who have low total testosterone but rather 'TRT' for those who are attempting to be stage ready.

I think it depends on how much genetic ability they have and whether or not they appear to have a realistic shot at being a major competitor in BB. In this case, I don't think 18 or 19 is too early as they will likely have already been lifting and dieting correctly for years and maybe even have been taught by the best in the sport.

For everyone else that is essentially a glorified gym rat and steps on stage a few times, no need to start before 22 in my opinion.

Overall and not limited to just BB, I really hate seeing high school kids even dabble in PEDs although again, if they have have the genetics and a chance to go to a major college for sports and then play professionally, you can't blame them for trying to maximize everything early.

New Threads