Hypothyroid and experience?

Thrawn

Elite
Reaction score
So the last month and a half feels like I hit a brick wall! TSH came back at 7.81 so while we figure out more Docs putting me on 50mcg t4. Personally think that's a little low but anybody got experience with this this is all new to me. I've been having horrible GI issues which turns out thyroid and GI go hand in hand. All I do now is sleep. Put on 20+lbs in 1.5 months. Hair is falling out like Im in chemo.

Reaction score
Are they planning, or do they still do the radioactive iodine thyroid uptake test? It's been years and years for me, although I had the opposite issue with the thyroid; Graves' disease. I was super thin with a visible goiter and a slight bulging of the eyes.
Hopefully they'll straighten everything out in short order, but the key is finding a good endocrinologist. There are quite a few asshats out there.

Thrawn

Elite
Reaction score
Are they planning, or do they still do the radioactive iodine thyroid uptake test? It's been years and years for me, although I had the opposite issue with the thyroid; Graves' disease. I was super thin with a visible goiter and a slight bulging of the eyes.
Hopefully they'll straighten everything out in short order, but the key is finding a good endocrinologist. There are quite a few asshats out there.
I was pissed reading s&s of thyroid and GI issues. Almost all my GI issues, thyroid could be a cause and not 1 GI put it together, I even mentioned my TSH levels with doc when covering recent medical issues and went over his head.
Haven't mentioned radioactive test yet
Here is a screenshot of labs.

Attachments

• IMG_20231011_113816.jpg
    IMG_20231011_113816.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
I'm unfortunately wholly unfamiliar with the hypoactive end of the spectrum, and I certainly don't profess to be an expert in the type of hyperthyroidism I had. I can only tell you that the key to my recovery was the right endocrinologist. I haven't taken a pill for this in 40 some odd years.
I'm assuming your digestive issues center around a slower than normal GI tract?

Thrawn

Elite
Reaction score
I'm unfortunately wholly unfamiliar with the hypoactive end of the spectrum, and I certainly don't profess to be an expert in the type of hyperthyroidism I had. I can only tell you that the key to my recovery was the right endocrinologist. I haven't taken a pill for this in 40 some odd years.
I'm assuming your digestive issues center around a slower than normal GI tract?
Yep, lots of reflux, vomiting, hiccups, chest pain( not heart) esophagus issues. Tomorrow morning I'm having a gastric discharge test to confirm how slow. Not including the thyroid wall of symptoms I hit. Lol

Reaction score
My TSH was at 9 something about 6 months ago. Idk if your on cycle but I believe that's what flared mine up. I've been on 50mcg for a couple months then 75mcg the past month and it's right outside the baseline I believe around high 4s almost 5. I had the symptoms of tired all the time plus working 3rd shift didn't help. I worked and went to the gym after then done for the day and didn't wanna do anything. Felt like I ran a marathon. The GI was bad even being on Prilosec. I would wake up in the middle of the night with acid reflux in my throat and mouth choking sometimes. I still do get a little bit once in awhile but if I watch what time I eat before bed I am usually good. My hairline has been fucked since my 20s so no problem there lol. I would also have bad dry skin on my face and body to the point that it would get really itchy. That has pretty much has been gone. It's amazing what the thyroid can does and controls. I suggest personally if on cycle maybe watching the doses or increase t4.(just a suggestion) Prilosec helps a lot with the acid reflux. I've been cruising on 300 test a week for the past 2 months and on 75mcg and my TSH seems to be back to normal. I take multivitamin, omega 3, NAC, B12, calcium with vitamin D and a magnesium tablet every other day. So idk if that combo plus t4 has helped but that's my experience so far. Not sure what you were looking for but hopefully that helps with my showing my experience with hypothyroidism. It is a bitch and wish you the best.

New Threads