Is there a website for macros?

Reaction score
I'm 60yo, lifted back in the 1990's, going from ~145lbs to ~175 naturally, then doing a series of short cycles and PCT-ing. I peaked at just under 200lbs @ 5'7".
Then I stopped all lifting back around 2000, got old, got stage4 throat cancer, and then recovered to a physical mess consisting of very little muscle and a ton of BF @ ~200lbs.

Started TRT+ back in April, light lifting again, and down about 25lbs along with shedding a bunch of BF. Ready to step things up and get serious about my macros again.
I'd guess ~20% BF (abs trying to show in just the right light) currently. I want to get down around 15% before I take things to the next level, hence the need to dial macros in.
So far, just dropped processed carbs and cut overall cals without any serious efforts as in measuring things.

Back in the 1990's, I had a few daily meal plans written down that consisted of measured amounts of macros with 1lbs lean ground beef or chicken breasts being the constants.
I prepared the next days meals and divided/stored in 5 Tupperware containers to eat throughout the day.
I supplemented with whey to adjust the total protein. Ate mostly unprocessed carbs in the beginning, adding simple carbs as time went on.

Wishing now I'd kept those notes from back in the day!

With the interned being the resource it is today, I've been slowly piecing things together again. This has me wondering if you guys know of a website that has all the macro info for various foods.

Question: Is whey still the best supplemental protein? I'd like to not supplement, but I don't think I could eat enough these days.

Question: Is there a single website listing macros for various foods?

Below are my notes so far.
Any/all constructive feedback/advice/comments appreciated.

Code:
Goal 180g protein

Protein & Carbs 4 cal per gram
    Fat 9 cal per gram

1) medium size egg = Weight 52g / 74 Cal / 6.3g Pro

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Per 100 grams weight:

Turkey breast        P 30    Cal 147
eggs (2)= 104g        P 13    Cal 150 
lean beef        P 30    Cal 187
ground beef 80%-lean    P 26    Cal 217

[180g Protein = 1350 Cal's]

(5)       eggs                P 32g    Cal 370
(1.1 lbs) lean beef (500g)        P 148g    Cal 935
Frozen Veggies                    Cal 400
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            Total P        P 180
            Total Cal        Cal 1740

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/macronutrients_calculator.htm

PROTEIN: 178 g per day    (713 calories)
CARBS:   178 g per day    (713 calories)
FATS:    40  g per day    (357 calories)

TOTAL CALORIES: (1783 calories)

https://www.trifectanutrition.com/blog/high-protein-foods-to-help-you-hit-your-macros

Last edited:

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
This is a site I use for looking up macros in food only. I've never used the service , the apps or any of that jazz and hooey. I just look up the food on it , jot down the p/c/f in my notebook and do my own math