Just saying hi

MrBafner

Reaction score
I'm a 50yo that has been doing weights for ever .. competed a few times in bodybuilding shows and one a few medals here and there.
Getting older and the body is changing, holding more fluids and I need to learn new ways.
Have had a few coaches over the past last couple of years, some of them good and some just a waste of money.
Just like doing weights, keeping fit, enjoying life with my wife.
Making this post to introduce myself and saying "hi"

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome Mr. Bafner sir! Help yourself to the various forum discussions; stay a while.

ftf

Reaction score
Welcome to UGBB, the best coach you will ever have!

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
Yeah, lots of good guys with a lot of knowledge here! Stay a while, there is years and years worth of knowledge within this group!!!

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground. Excited to learn from you.

Mhenshaw

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the UG. Lots of great folks here to learn from, and share info with. Getting old sucks, but greatly beats the alternative.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the UG, glad you found us!

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hi there OP ... lets face it 50 it is likely many year post competition ... unless you were completing in masters division ... please give us a bit of an updated picture ... perhaps start with height - weight - bodyfat - cycle experience ... and what are your current goals ... I'm 55 so a grey beard as well ... but I've got a few goods years of lifting maybe more ... and of course welcome to SI ...

MrBafner

Reaction score
Thanks everyone ...

I'm 5"10, weight averages between 92kg to 96kg and hang around 18% ... competition time I will go down to 83kg or 84kg and be around the 5% to 6% mark.

I've been doing weights since 1987 when the endocronologist told me I had to be on testosterone injections for the rest of my life, or have surgery on my pituirtary gland. So started on Andriol 40mg caps 3 times a day for the first year and my body got addicted. My body had'nt had test for several years and I was always sick - like glandular fever, and no medication worked.

I started competing in March 2019, after 6 comps throughout the year I was offered to compete in the IFBB Mens World Bodybuilding championships in 2019, and I did in a line-up of 39 bodybuilders.I didn't place, and only the top 6 know if where they placed.

It is a natural bodybuilding comp, even though I take test I am classified as being on HRT and all my bloodworks where in the right levels.

I am not classified as natural anymore as I have since experimented with additives to work alongside the test.

I did however get a IFBB international amatuer bodybuilding passport that allowed me to travel anywhere in the world and compete in any IFBB Elite bodybuilding comp, then come along Covid and wiped away all my dreams.

They locked down the gyms here for a month, other places upto 8 months, and put on a bit of weight.
Recently started competing again with Nabba, didn't place but really enjoyed getting back into it.
Looking forward to compete some more in the coming months.

Last edited:

New Threads