Hi all, new here

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

New to this forum, just wanted to say hi.

I'm 52yo, 190 and usually sit around 10-12% bodyfat, get down to high 8% when I push it, been a few years though. As many here will say, I'm in far better shape than most guys my age, but not a gym rat, do some cardio and weights at home since Covid hit, haven't been back to a gym since, more of a convenience/time thing now. Have been eating Paleo since before it was a thing, going on 20 years now, but not totally strict. I do more of a low carb/high carb days, Monday Tuesday <20grams carbs, Wednesday big carb load, Thurs Fri Sat <20g carbs, then big carb load on Sunday. Helps me keep my weight up and stay lean.

Have been working out on and off for about 40 years. Used to be a real hard gainer when young then did my first cycle at 20 of Test and Winstrol stack and put on 20 solid pounds. Did another a year later then nothing till my late 20s when I was living in Costa Rica and you could buy Sustanon (I think that's what it was called, Sustanol maybe?) at the Farmacia. It's pretty mild so did that on and off for about 3+ years. Seemed like it was causing my hair to really thin out so stopped that.

Got into GH about 5 years ago, usually do 2.5iu a day, seems like a nice maintenance dose, but certainly never gave me the gains I was hoping for from it but probably had unrealistic expectations. Had a nice chinese source and it was cheap so kept at it anyways. Always had it sent from china to my house through fedex and never had any issues, but reading here everyone says that's a big no no. That source disappeared, email bouncing and both websites they had gone so not sure what happened there.

So main reason I first came here was to find a new source for GH as this forum popped up near the top on a search. Reading the rules here I realize that's also a bit of a no no so sticking around for the comraderie and to get myself to a level I haven't been at it years. Goal is to stay at 190 and hit 8% bodyfat by my 53rd birthday in 5 months.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground

I'm curious what a high carb day looks like for you? I tried Paleo once, it was next to impossible for me to eat enough carbs, I felt, and was, so depleted. Performance fell off a cliff.

Great way to eat for those not doing highly glycolitic training though.

Added rice back in, problem was solved!!! 🍚🍚🍚

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I'm 52yo, 190 and usually sit around 10-12% bodyfat, get down to high 8% when I push it, been a few years though. As many here will say, I'm in far better shape than most guys my age, but not a gym rat, do some cardio and weights at home since Covid hit, haven't been back to a gym since, more of a convenience/time thing now. Have been eating Paleo since before it was a thing, going on 20 years now, but not totally strict. I do more of a low carb/high carb days, Monday Tuesday <20grams carbs, Wednesday big carb load, Thurs Fri Sat <20g carbs, then big carb load on Sunday. Helps me keep my weight up and stay lean.

Have been working out on and off for about 40 years. Used to be a real hard gainer when young then did my first cycle at 20 of Test and Winstrol stack and put on 20 solid pounds. Did another a year later then nothing till my late 20s when I was living in Costa Rica and you could buy Sustanon (I think that's what it was called, Sustanol maybe?) at the Farmacia. It's pretty mild so did that on and off for about 3+ years. Seemed like it was causing my hair to really thin out so stopped that.

Got into GH about 5 years ago, usually do 2.5iu a day, seems like a nice maintenance dose, but certainly never gave me the gains I was hoping for from it but probably had unrealistic expectations. Had a nice chinese source and it was cheap so kept at it anyways. Always had it sent from china to my house through fedex and never had any issues, but reading here everyone says that's a big no no. That source disappeared, email bouncing and both websites they had gone so not sure what happened there.

So main reason I first came here was to find a new source for GH as this forum popped up near the top on a search. Reading the rules here I realize that's also a bit of a no no so sticking around for the comraderie and to get myself to a level I haven't been at it years. Goal is to stay at 190 and hit 8% bodyfat by my 53rd birthday in 5 months.
How tall are you?

Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground

I'm curious what a high carb day looks like for you? I tried Paleo once, it was next to impossible for me to eat enough carbs, I felt, and was, so depleted. Performance fell off a cliff.

Great way to eat for those not doing highly glycolitic training though.

Added rice back in, problem was solved!!! 🍚🍚🍚
On my carb days I shoot for at least 100g per meal, only do 2 carb meals on that day, lunch and dinner, breakfast is still meat and eggs, that way I can get back to keto faster.
No carb days are lots and lots of fat, decent amount of protein, don't find any issues with getting depleted but my body is also used to it. But on the carb days the glycogen floods the muscles and you get a big pump.
I first read about that style of eating probably 25+ years ago in Muscle Media 2000 if anyone remembers that mag from the 90s.

Reaction score
Welcome! Since you talked about wanting growth hormone you're probably going to get hit up by scam artists, so be aware. No legit source is going to do that.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
On my carb days I shoot for at least 100g per meal, only do 2 carb meals on that day, lunch and dinner, breakfast is still meat and eggs, that way I can get back to keto faster.
No carb days are lots and lots of fat, decent amount of protein, don't find any issues with getting depleted but my body is also used to it. But on the carb days the glycogen floods the muscles and you get a big pump.
I first read about that style of eating probably 25+ years ago in Muscle Media 2000 if anyone remembers that mag from the 90s.

But HOW are you getting 100+ grabs of carbs per meal, what foods are you eating?

If I recall correctly, rice, breads, pasta, or even potatoes are allowed. It was pretty much just sweet potatoes allowed.

Btw, if you're eating a decent amount of protein, that's not keto. It's simply low carb. Eating meat and eggs will keep you OUT of keto.

Reaction score
Btw, if you're eating a decent amount of protein, that's not keto. It's simply low carb. Eating meat and eggs will keep you OUT of keto.
That’s not necessarily true. It depends how much he’s eating and his activity level. 1.0-1.2 grams per pound of lean mass is fine for someone active and lifting weights.

Reactions: CJ
Reaction score
But HOW are you getting 100+ grabs of carbs per meal, what foods are you eating?

If I recall correctly, rice, breads, pasta, or even potatoes are allowed. It was pretty much just sweet potatoes allowed.

I don't follow paleo for my carb days, as you said its hard to get enough carbs, I get them from rice and bread and pasta. Although depending on who the paleo guru is, some say rice and potatoes are okay, I haven't kept up with the latest Paleo rules in 10 years. I lot of the die hard paleo is about trying to solve various health issues which I don't have any of so I don't sweat it too much.

And as for keto, I'm never really sure if I get back into keto or not, I don't pee on strips, I just know how I feel, and my body does well on low carb.

Reactions: CJ

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Nice intro. If your rep had a female name and the lab 3 letters she has a new email. She can be found on meso rx. You will find her by following the most hate posts.
Loved that you get into the high 8% body fat. Never been able to define she line of demarcation between high 8% and low 8% body fat myself.
Hi Welcome.

Reaction score
Welcome! Since you talked about wanting growth hormone you're probably going to get hit up by scam artists, so be aware. No legit source is going to do that.
Thanks for the heads up, was going to edit my intro to get rid of that but don't seem to be able to.

Reaction score
Nice intro. If your rep had a female name and the lab 3 letters she has a new email. She can be found on meso rx. You will find her by following the most hate posts.
Loved that you get into the high 8% body fat. Never been able to define she line of demarcation between high 8% and low 8% body fat myself.
Hi Welcome.
Thanks for the welcome. Contact was "Emily". Lol on the high 8% comment. I think for me 8% has always been a psychological number, always seemed to me that when I got below that I seemed a lot leaner.

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Welcome to UG

New Threads