NEW GUY ( not asking for source)(not asking for first cycle advice)

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to si

Big Worm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
no squats or deads? Hit up zeek for the best gear around.

Reaction score
no squats or deads? Hit up zeek for the best gear around.
I sense some sarcasm here...

Deadlift is actually my favorite exercise, it's a miserable pill to swallow to not be able to pull.

Squats are becoming more of a possibility with increased mobility...

BUT think what you want haha

Reaction score
Oh damn... sorry mate I know a source giving samples away... too bad you not want that info...

Welcome and for disc issues make sure you get into Yoga and some mobility movements to help you be able to lift. Having back issues suck... do everything you can to protect it as you are young and it will get worse over time if you aren't careful. Really work on functional movement work while you lift.

Reaction score
Oh damn... sorry mate I know a source giving samples away... too bad you not want that info...

Welcome and for disc issues make sure you get into Yoga and some mobility movements to help you be able to lift. Having back issues suck... do everything you can to protect it as you are young and it will get worse over time if you aren't careful. Really work on functional movement work while you lift.
Haha I do I want people on the board to know and trust me first but that's awesome!

Thanks for the input man I've been really trying to fix it but I am in it for the long term and if that means I can't do certain things then so be it.

Although nothing would make me happier than to be able to deadlift again haha

fourtotheflush

Reaction score
I know how it goes man - had my first and hopefully only back surgery when I was 29.
Took about 4 years to really fully recover.

I still don't trust squatting heavy.

Reaction score
I know how it goes man - had my first and hopefully only back surgery when I was 29.
Took about 4 years to really fully recover.

I still don't trust squatting heavy.
Yeah that's what I'm afraid of!
It's not worth squatting and dead lifting if I end up in a wheel chair haha
How is the ol back now?

fourtotheflush

Reaction score
Way better - I feel pretty comfortable doing just about anything - but every now and then it Tweaks and Im walking crooked for a few days.

Knock on wood it has only happened a couple times this year.

Reaction score
Way better - I feel pretty comfortable doing just about anything - but every now and then it Tweaks and Im walking crooked for a few days.

Knock on wood it has only happened a couple times this year.
That's good man!
I'd still be careful with it though I don't care what people think about no squatting or deadlifting... with major back issues I don't see a way to do them I'd rather be healthy and lifting for years to come!

Good luck with that! I'm glad it's feeling better back issues are a pain in the ass haha