New Member Naomi

N

naomiosaka

Hello! My name is Naomi but obviously I am not Naomi Osaka! 😂

Anyways, I am here because I love fitness and working out in general. However, I have been dealing with female health issues for the last two years for which I am hopefully finally getting my HMO to treat me after much pleading and cajoling. I've had to spend most of my time on bed rest due to these issues so I'm looking for some help to get some initial weight off and then go from there.

Currently, I am interested in trying out DNP as I've come across other people who swear by it online. I'd at least like to try it myself the once to see if it's the right option for me but based on what read so far, it definitely sounds like it would be for my personal circumstances. I'd appreciate any help and advice in this regard.

Reaction score
Welcome to the UG!!

DNP is prob not a good option for you. It can be very dangerous and its hell on most if not all people that take it. If you don't already have a diet that can sustain weight loss then DNP will not help. Plus if you are having health issues already, I wouldn't add DNP to it.

N

naomiosaka

Welcome to the UG!!

DNP is prob not a good option for you. It can be very dangerous and its hell on most if not all people that take it. If you don't already have a diet that can sustain weight loss then DNP will not help. Plus if you are having health issues already, I wouldn't add DNP to it.
Well, that's kind of the problem. I already don't eat much to begin with and I have been a super strict vegetarian for a very long time. All the tips to cut calories are quite literally impossible as I already don't drink alcohol, sugar drinks and etc. And as I can struggle to even eat up to 2 meals depending on how bad I'm feeling, cutting calories would be basically starvation at this point.

Since I am on bed rest due to the health issues and DNP makes you lethargic, I can use it for a limited period to start weight loss until I can get back on my feet literally. I am quite resilient as I've worked out through many injuries and fractures. My only hope is later on this year to fInally get surgery and then I can proceed on with my normal life. However, I just can't let my life and weight go by the wayside until then. I have real goals of getting back to the gym and feeling great again.

Reaction score
Well, that's kind of the problem. I already don't eat much to begin with and I have been a super strict vegetarian for a very long time. All the tips to cut calories are quite literally impossible as I already don't drink alcohol, sugar drinks and etc. And as I can struggle to even eat up to 2 meals depending on how bad I'm feeling, cutting calories would be basically starvation at this point.

Since I am on bed rest due to the health issues and DNP makes you lethargic, I can use it for a limited period to start weight loss until I can get back on my feet literally. I am quite resilient as I've worked out through many injuries and fractures. My only hope is later on this year to fInally get surgery and then I can proceed on with my normal life. However, I just can't let my life and weight go by the wayside until then. I have real goals of getting back to the gym and feeling great again.
I still wouldn't advise using DNP in your case. From what I read you might already be starving your body by not eating enuf as is. That itself can hinder your weight loss goals. I'm a pretty crazy fuck but I don't recommend someone that's bedridden with health issues to take DNP. You've got other options.

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
Hi. OK I'm going out on a branch here risking mod intervention. Dnp usage has three groups of users as I see it.
1 these are serious over eaters with no will power ready to risk their lives for having to not diet or exercise.
2 people who use such small doses that it seems pointless yet they can maintain their weight if they exercise and diet without having to obsess.
3. Those who died wanting to be thin at any cost.
Not suggesting or directing just saying my daughter makes a living selling dnp and sengluteride on Facebook. She earns more than her husband doing his 9 to 5.
Only one of the products your doctor would prescribe. Usually not for weightless.
Hopefully I've said not enough for this to be modified. Sorry cj if I went too far. Just trying to tell my story.

N

naomiosaka

Hi. OK I'm going out on a branch here risking mod intervention. Dnp usage has three groups of users as I see it.
1 these are serious over eaters with no will power ready to risk their lives for having to not diet or exercise.
2 people who use such small doses that it seems pointless yet they can maintain their weight if they exercise and diet without having to obsess.
3. Those who died wanting to be thin at any cost.
Not suggesting or directing just saying my daughter makes a living selling dnp and sengluteride on Facebook. She earns more than her husband doing his 9 to 5.
Only one of the products your doctor would prescribe. Usually not for weightless.
Hopefully I've said not enough for this to be modified. Sorry cj if I went too far. Just trying to tell my story.
Why would there be mod Intervention? Am I missing something here?

Yeah, I am plannIng to talk to my doctor about my taking DNP regardless and all my other concerns. I have done research about Ozempic/Wegovy as well, but I am not sure if that would work when I already have a low appetite? Also, I would feel terrible taking medication away from people who actually need it for their diabetes where as DNP is not needed by any at risk group. It seemed to be everywhere and I just came too late to the party as usual to enjoy the benefits.

N

naomiosaka

I still wouldn't advise using DNP in your case. From what I read you might already be starving your body by not eating enuf as is. That itself can hinder your weight loss goals. I'm a pretty crazy fuck but I don't recommend someone that's bedridden with health issues to take DNP. You've got other options.
I appreciate your comments. I'm not going to lie and say I don't have my heart set on DNP based on my being unable to work out or reduce calories normally. I mean, I can still reduce but it would be an extremely small amount per day and I would rather avoid that untess absolutely necessary as I doubt it would help my body to restrict calories on purpose when it's already weak. But what other options would you suggest?

Reaction score
I appreciate your comments. I'm not going to lie and say I don't have my heart set on DNP based on my being unable to work out or reduce calories normally. I mean, I can still reduce but it would be an extremely small amount per day and I would rather avoid that untess absolutely necessary as I doubt it would help my body to restrict calories on purpose when it's already weak. But what other options would you suggest?
I would suggest getting to the absolute details of all you eat while calculating a rough estimation of what your body needs to survive in its current state. There's some technical terms for this but I cant remember them off hand. There's some math to do with your stats then testing and evaluating. You need to find a baseline and go from there.

If i was in your position having spent the last 2 years bedridden, I wouldn't be looking at DNP to help me. Taking DNP when you can't get out of bed sounds insane to me. I've cycled it twice for multiple weeks at a time so I do have experience with it.

N

naomiosaka

I would suggest getting to the absolute details of all you eat while calculating a rough estimation of what your body needs to survive in its current state. There's some technical terms for this but I cant remember them off hand. There's some math to do with your stats then testing and evaluating. You need to find a baseline and go from there.

If i was in your position having spent the last 2 years bedridden, I wouldn't be looking at DNP to help me. Taking DNP when you can't get out of bed sounds insane to me. I've cycled it twice for multiple weeks at a time so I do have experience with it.
Basically, would I have to keep a food diary and then track calories consumed as well as how many calories burned via daily activity? I already know the number needed for me to lose weight currently: 1,000 or less. I actually have kept track of my food consumption and activity levels in the past with great detail but it's been a lot harder since falling ill since I lack appetite most times and activity is basically resting in bed. I don't suppose dying of pain burns calories. 🥴😂

Again, I appreciate the help. It's just hard for me when I have very specific and limiting dietary restrictions due to being a strict vegetarian and my overall lack of any energy. However, as a woman, my weight is of the utmost importance as it affects all aspects of my life. When I go to job interviews or basically anywhere, that will be the sole characteristic on which I will be judged and nobody will care about my particular health circumstance. Nor would I ever dare disclose any health concerns to a potential employed because who would want to hire someone who had been ill. That's why I'm so desperate to look in shape as that determines absolutely everything career wise let alone my own personal fitness goals that have gone by the wayside too.

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
Why would there be mod Intervention? Am I missing something here?

Yeah, I am plannIng to talk to my doctor about my taking DNP regardless and all my other concerns. I have done research about Ozempic/Wegovy as well, but I am not sure if that would work when I already have a low appetite? Also, I would feel terrible taking medication away from people who actually need it for their diabetes where as DNP is not needed by any at risk group. It seemed to be everywhere and I just came too late to the party as usual to enjoy the benefits.
Never too late. I like your research and your attitude. Making your own mind up is admirable I tip my hat. If it were me don't count. It is you. For you. At your risk. My daughter has so many clients on both. It seems because she imports rather than taking from the pharmacy that it falls into two types of clients. Those who can pin. Those who will only do orals. Anymore help you know where I am. And you know where ug is. Good luck.
BTW. Hope your health improves you seem like a wonderful person.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
I've skimmed this a bit ,, and to me is sounds like you are already in starvation mode , youve lowered your bodies need for calories , you can live on a hand full of seeds like a damn bird lol.

First whats your maintenance cals ? what are you living on ? How deep of a deficit have you been in and for how long ?

I've lost a total of 103lbs over 3 years not counting a few ups n back downs. NEVER used , seen or even held DNP in my hand.

You simply might have to bring your calories up for a month or two back to your proper maintenance level , just for shits n giggles we will say its 2000 , for easy math.

Eat your "2000 cals" for a month or two , clean same as always , you arent looking to put on weight just get your body back to its normal maintenance and your system out of starvation mode where its actually trying to preserve every calorie it gets to maintain your basic system functions.

Then after a month or two , slowly ,, see that word << slowly >> drop your cals back down say 200 at a time until you get to the rate of loss you want. I suggest no more than 1 pound a week , you can drop 2 but I find going that deep into a deficit brings on cravings with a wicked itch. A 1 lb fat loss a week is slow but its easily managed with no feelings of ,, omg if i dont have a snack i will die.

Weight loss is never a matter of drugs or chemicals it's a simple matter of eating properly and doing more.

Good Luck !!

N

naomiosaka

I've skimmed this a bit ,, and to me is sounds like you are already in starvation mode , youve lowered your bodies need for calories , you can live on a hand full of seeds like a damn bird lol.

First whats your maintenance cals ? what are you living on ? How deep of a deficit have you been in and for how long ?

I've lost a total of 103lbs over 3 years not counting a few ups n back downs. NEVER used , seen or even held DNP in my hand.

You simply might have to bring your calories up for a month or two back to your proper maintenance level , just for shits n giggles we will say its 2000 , for easy math.

Eat your "2000 cals" for a month or two , clean same as always , you arent looking to put on weight just get your body back to its normal maintenance and your system out of starvation mode where its actually trying to preserve every calorie it gets to maintain your basic system functions.

Then after a month or two , slowly ,, see that word << slowly >> drop your cals back down say 200 at a time until you get to the rate of loss you want. I suggest no more than 1 pound a week , you can drop 2 but I find going that deep into a deficit brings on cravings with a wicked itch. A 1 lb fat loss a week is slow but its easily managed with no feelings of ,, omg if i dont have a snack i will die.

Weight loss is never a matter of drugs or chemicals it's a simple matter of eating properly and doing more.

Good Luck !!
I'm gonna be honest even though I know it might not sound good for me but please bear in mind that I have been bedridden and sick for the last two years.

In all honesty, my calorie consumption can be extremely varied when I am feeling way too tired to get up to eat (let's estimate 500) and the ultimate highest of maybe 2,000. The highest intake is very extreme for me as is the lowest. I would say average is somewhere in the range of 1,000 or so. Again, it depends on whether I have the energy to even try to eat to meals or whether the second meal is a small snack like an apple because I can't be bothered to try to make food.

It's not like I am purposely trying not to eat. It's genuine exhaustion and I have never been much of a big eater to begin with. I basically have only ever eaten two meals the entirety of my life and meals for me consist of a lot of veggies, a rice or noodle with a protein. Snacks are usually fruit but obviously, I do have the rare treat like an ice cream or whatever but it's not really a staple for me. I'm a strict vegetarian for a reason and that's cause I enjoy the lifestyle of eating fruits and veggies as my main source of nutrition.

I will say that I have gotten stricter about consuming less sodium, sugar and etc. maybe some 5 or 6 years ago so my only drinks now are water and a single cup of black coffee with no sugar, milk and etc in the morning. Tea is fine but again with no sugar, milk or anything else. It's just water for me unless I have a green juice from Trader Joe's to ensure I get more veggies and fruits but I strictly limit my intake because of the sugar content.

Despite this, I don't personally feel like I am in starvation mode exactly. I am just too tired to eat or generally feeling very low appetite sometimes. Currently, I have been trying to eat two meals a day so I can take my medicine. This is my second week of eating two meals a day and medicine taking so I'm proud of myself for pushing through the exhaustion and apathy for food. Quite honestly, the idea of eating more sounds utterly awful at the moment just because of where I am at.

I really just want the DNP so I can eat my normal amount but burn off what I am consuming. I would like to restart my metabolism which I am sure is pretty sluggish due to my inactivity these past years but don't plan to eat more while on it. I just want a bit of weight loss while I am bedridden and can't be active is all. Then when I can be back on my feet, I can go back and restart my workouts and life as normal.

Reaction score
I have been dealing with female health issues for the last two years for which I am hopefully finally getting my HMO to treat me after much pleading and cajoling.
Are these related to hormones or thyroid?
That's why I'm so desperate to look in shape as that determines absolutely everything career wise let alone my own personal fitness goals that have gone by the wayside too.
Unless your body is what makes you money (no judging if that's the case), I simply do not see this. I will say that looking good does help with all aspects of life, but not looking fit does not often impact professional aspirations - again, career dependent. How much do you weigh and how tall are you?
I'm gonna be honest even though I know it might not sound good for me but please bear in mind that I have been bedridden and sick for the last two years.

In all honesty, my calorie consumptiom can be extremely varied from as little to very little when I am feeling way too tired to get up to eat (let's estimate 500) and the ultimate highest of maybe 2,000. The highest intake is very extreme for me as is the lowest. I would say average is somewhere in the range of 1,000+. Again, it depends on whether I have the energy to even try to eat to meals or whether the second meal is a small snack like an apple because I can't be bothered to try to make food
Why are you bedridden? What illness do you have? Would you be willing to give up being a vegetarian to meet your goals/fix your health issues?

Eating 500 calories a day... either you are massively miscounting, or you are hurting your body by doing this. I stand on this position at 1000cal/day as well.

Last edited:
N

naomiosaka

Are these related to hormones or thyroid?

Unless your body is what makes you money (no judging if that's the case), I simply do not see this. I will say that looking good does help with all aspects of life, but not looking fit does not often impact professional aspirations - again, career dependent.

Why are you bedridden? What illness do you have? Would you be willing to give up being a vegetarian to meet your goals/fix your health issues?
My issues are related to my uterus very specifically. I have both endometriosis and PCOS but my doctors have basically refused to take my complaints very seriously other than to advise to go to the hospital when the bleeding gets too bad so I don't bleed out. Basically, and I apologize for being TMI, I will bleed profusely to the point where I am unable to actually stand or walk. I also pass huge blood clots which is another huge red flag.

Finally, my OB/GYN did a blood test and realized that I'm severely anemic which I basically already knew based on how much blood I am passing. I have been on birth control (BC) for some time now to try to control the issue to help control the pain and bleeding, but as of three years ago, I basically bleed almost all of the time now. It's only getting worse every year, and my HMO really seems to fail to understand the urgency in my situation.

Anyways, supposedly my OB/GYN might consider running a pannel re: my hormones and thyroid. I do suspect my thyroid and hormones are probably off but I can't wait until the doctors get around to finally caring.

Also, no my body doesn't make my money, but it's just a fact of life. People assume the worst of anyone who is even a bit overweight regardless of the reason, and I am only 5ft tall. Even a small bit of weight gain is extremely noticeable on me. I even see here on this forum people talking about other posters having lack of control or self-will and assuming eating habits based on a single post or comment. I am extremely practical so I know I will face the same judgments when I go on job interviews so I would not only have to explain a gap in my work history but also my appearance. I am not a raving beauty but I know that my looks are good enough to get me by if my weight is decent. My resume and other job skills are impeccable but that matters very little when people hire someone. It's always looks based or on an in you might have with someone at a company.

And to your last question, I would be unwilling to give up being vegetarian. I can't see a meat-based lifestyle for myself.

Beti ona

Reaction score
Being vegan is a mistake.

Having anemia and wanting to run DNP is a NO.

I don't really see a solution to your problem, unless you stop being vegan, fix your anemia, get out of the hospital bed, start lifting and eating a muscle building diet... and then, then you might want to think about use DNP.

Reaction score
Finally, my OB/GYN did a blood test and realized that I'm severely anemic which I basically already knew
How were your iron levels? Would seem difficult to fulfill your iron needs while female and vegan.

birth control
It's pretty common for women to be prescribed/given birth control based on the 'most popular' version, when in reality it should be based on hormonal panels. I can't give direction beyond that, but an example is that some birth controls will raise Progesterone - while the user already has high progesterone... which the Doc would have known if they did a hormone panel.
supposedly my OB/GYN might consider running a pannel re: my hormones and thyroid. I do suspect my thyroid and hormones are probably off but I can't wait until the doctors get around to finally caring.
Squeaky wheel gets the grease. Keep bothering them until you get your tests; they are FAR less interested in getting your bloodwork than you are. Make it in their interest to get you what you need (by pestering them until they do it). You're willing to take a drug KNOWN to kill people to lose weight... can I suggest that you exhaust better options first? It's likely you'll find better results with HRT/Thyroid management if what you're saying about your caloric intake is true.

People assume the worst of anyone who is even a bit overweight regardless of the reason
I think this is your perception, not the reality. Fit people are not the norm.

I notice you witheld mention of your weight. I don't care that you did, nor does your weight really matter... what does matter is if you're able to have an honest and objective conversation with yourself to address these issues. Your diet, currently, is a serious concern - and your unwillingness to change that to improve your health is telling. DNP will not solve this issue, you will still be bleeding out, anemic, and otherwise malnourished.

If you are accurately counting your caloric intake, have no Iron, Thyroid, or otherwise Hormonal issues - then you have an actual metabolic condition that needs addressing. If you haven't addressed your iron, thyroid, or hormones - I would not recommend DNP or anything like it. Your supplements are not the problem. Lack of them, possibly.

Last edited:

turkey_sandwich

Reaction score
if I missed it I apologize. how tall are you, how much do you currently weigh?