Reaction score
Hi, I’m 24 male, been working out consistently for 3 years with decent gains but nowhere near enough to show it off in the public. I haven’t tried any cycles but I am huge nerd for supplements and nootropics. Personally, i was able to solve my adhd (because my parents didnt suspect adhd so i was never diagnosed properly) so i am huge believer in pharmacology. I am hoping to just get the most natural gains out until when im in my early 30s, but i am open to exploring other ways to increase my testosterone. Thank u for reading it

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground.

3 years is just the beginning, keep getting better with your training and nutrition, and progress will continue. Yes, it gets slower, but it still happens.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Nice intro.

You probably have another 10 years until you're peaked out naturally but trust me, those last 5 years will be painfully slow.

Welcome to UG brother

Reaction score
Nice intro.

You probably have another 10 years until you're peaked out naturally but trust me, those last 5 years will be painfully slow.

Welcome to UG brother

Thanks for having me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I'm happy to see someone come in here without an attitude, and with the right mindset at your age towards training and laying off the enhancements until you're a bit older. As CJ said, diet is important; extremely important. Are you tracking macros and calories? Are you eating fairly clean? Are you pushing yourself in the gym? What's your height and weight, and approximate body fat percentage? I know it's a lot of questions, but the years of experience these guys have is impressive, and the more info the better. I'm always learning, and as such am reluctant to offer anything but the most rudimentary of advice.

Reaction score
I'm happy to see someone come in here without an attitude, and with the right mindset at your age towards training and laying off the enhancements until you're a bit older. As CJ said, diet is important; extremely important. Are you tracking macros and calories? Are you eating fairly clean? Are you pushing yourself in the gym? What's your height and weight, and approximate body fat percentage? I know it's a lot of questions, but the years of experience these guys have is impressive, and the more info the better. I'm always learning, and as such am reluctant to offer anything but the most rudimentary of advice.

No, im still in college so i just try to hit my protein goal for each meal. I just guess how much calories im taking which is bad… i eat fairly clean and mostly cook my own meals. My height is 5’10 and weight is 172lbs and body fat rn is 19.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
No, im still in college so i just try to hit my protein goal for each meal. I just guess how much calories im taking which is bad… i eat fairly clean and mostly cook my own meals. My height is 5’10 and weight is 172lbs and body fat rn is 19.

You don't track calories, but track your bodyfat percentage? Weird.

Where did you get this 19% number from, anyway? Too specific to be simply a guess. 🤔

Reaction score
You don't track calories, but track your bodyfat percentage? Weird.

Where did you get this 19% number from, anyway? Too specific to be simply a guess.

I have a scale. Its not accurate cause its a cheap one from amazon

Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground, @amateurlogician

1) Calculate yer TDEE
2) Add / subtract based on yer goals (surplus / deficit)
3) Track yer meals
4) Consistency > Intensity

Cheers, mate.
Yes. Think of diet and intensity at the gym as a synergistic existence. Without one, the other suffers. I weigh between 198 and 200lbs. on any given day. I take in 1 gram of protein per 1 lb. of body weight. It's tough some days on only 2,000 calories average (+/- 100 here and there). I know many here are cranking the protein intake higher than that.

Reaction score
Hi, I’m 24 male, been working out consistently for 3 years with decent gains but nowhere near enough to show it off in the public. I haven’t tried any cycles but I am huge nerd for supplements and nootropics. Personally, i was able to solve my adhd (because my parents didnt suspect adhd so i was never diagnosed properly) so i am huge believer in pharmacology. I am hoping to just get the most natural gains out until when im in my early 30s, but i am open to exploring other ways to increase my testosterone. Thank u for reading it

Welcome to UGBB, @amateurlogician.

@NbleSavage has good advice:

Welcome to the Underground, @amateurlogician

1) Calculate yer TDEE
2) Add / subtract based on yer goals (surplus / deficit)
3) Track yer meals
4) Consistency > Intensity

Cheers, mate.

I'd add:

If you're getting fatter, you're not following that advice. Eat less. Probably fat or carbs (never protein).

If you're getting leaner, keep doing what you're doing.

Don't need fancy scales or calculations for that. A mirror will do. Take pictures to track progress if you're so inclined, as a young chap like yourself might be wont to do.

Reaction score

Wish I had that kind of advice 25 years ago. Although even if I did, I was a stubborn kid and wanted to get big fast.

This guy seems to be on a better path.

Hold off on the juice for a few more years - push the other levers hard (diet, training, sleep hygiene, etc.).

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
Not sure that gear is really for you ever. Sorry if that hurts. But it is true.

Let's pretend you are 19% body fat. Ideal is round 10 for off season. So I will subtract approx. 10% off your weight. That puts you at 156 ish pounds off season at 10% ish and 5 foot 10.

If you were able to add 50 pounds of muscle to your weight you would be a reasonable natty. Unfortunatly I think running may be a more successful sport for you.

So enjoy training in the gym. Try to cut your body fat and increase your muscle naturally and enjoy life. My honest oppinion is never do steroids for the small gains you may get you will lose too many other things.

Just be happy being one of those guys that train hard eat clean and look super fit with abbs and 16 inch arms and more cuts than a butcher. It isn't a bad look.

I seriously don't think you will ever look like a " body builder" but i am certain with the right work ethic you can look sharp cut and beach ready. You won't get sand kicked in your face but no one will be going wow look at the size of that mother.

But prove me wrong. Plenty guys started in a worse place than you and got a pro card. Just enjoy the ride.

andy

Elite
Reaction score
personally I did start BB when i was 21 and turned to a gear at 31 and turned out just perfect - I had no major sides ever and the approach is must better at 30 overall then if I would be 20.

I believe it's the smartest way - build yourself up as a natural first and then your mach smarter - u wont be relying just on gear so much. because it works properly only when u got the basics wich is your diet , training and rest.

i wish u luck

New Threads