newbie seeking advices

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
Ehhhh… just so, so. Might wanna consider doubling it.
Someone from Texas that can count I'll be hog-tied. Typical of a Texan man though. Take the truth and just double it.

BigChief1

Reaction score
Someone from Texas that can count I'll be hog-tied. Typical of a Texan man though. Take the truth and just double it.
Yes I can count. And u can count….. on me waiting for your ass in the parking lot! 😂

Reaction score
1 set to failure, within the indicated rep range.

3 days per week M-W-F

monday A, Wednesday B, Friday C, Monday D, Wednesday A, Friday B......and so on
I just wanted to share some stuff about the new workout program that you recommended to me. I got started right away the day after I got it! I'm liking it so far, but it feels like there's not enough volume. I usually do more, so it might just be in my head, but I feel like I could be training harder even if I'm reaching failure on every set. To keep things in check, I got an app to track my workouts and how I'm doing.

Oh, and I'm also back to tracking my macros with MyFitnessPal! I realized that I wasn't getting enough protein some days, unless I was eating in a surplus. So, I'm cutting down on calories for now to lose some of that extra fat, aiming to go below 15% body fat (from 23%). Hoping that'll give me a better-looking physique, which should help me stay motivated and build more muscle. Plus, I've heard that having too much body fat can mess with your cortisol and testosterone levels, so I wanna get everything just right.

Also, I've been trying a testosterone booster and some vitamin supplements. Not totally sure if they'll help, but hey, why not give it a shot?

I'll drop some updates here and there about my progress.

By the way, massive thanks for all your help and feedback,! You rock!

Reaction score
Thank for the feedback, but can you be a bit more specific. Why?
high volume is what was stalling your progress in the first place. Wait a few weeks, when you have to do more reps this time than you did last time. Then wait a few months, and you still have to do more weight/reps than last time... you'll soon realize that more volume would cripple you at that progression.

The only test booster that really has any data to back it up is Tongkat Ali, and even that is subjective... you'd be better off just eating and sleeping right than wasting your money on this stuff. Vitamins are only needed if you're on such a restrictive diet that you aren't getting it through normal dieting. It is unlikely this applies to you.

Reaction score
high volume is what was stalling your progress in the first place. Wait a few weeks, when you have to do more reps this time than you did last time. Then wait a few months, and you still have to do more weight/reps than last time... you'll soon realize that more volume would cripple you at that progression.

The only test booster that really has any data to back it up is Tongkat Ali, and even that is subjective... you'd be better off just eating and sleeping right than wasting your money on this stuff. Vitamins are only needed if you're on such a restrictive diet that you aren't getting it through normal dieting. It is unlikely this applies to you.
ok I understand. I always thought that more volume was better. I'll keep running that program and track the progress. And for the booster, it's with Tongkat Ali, so I'll go through the bottle and then I'll see. Unless it may have undesirable effects... for the vitamins, as I dropped my calories to lose weight, I assumed that I may not reach the required amount. I target 1.5-2 lbs / week. From what I seen, It should not be too agressive. And I keep my protein intake to around 180 g/day (@ 172 pounds).

Reaction score
ok I understand. I always thought that more volume was better. I'll keep running that program and track the progress. And for the booster, it's with Tongkat Ali, so I'll go through the bottle and then I'll see. Unless it may have undesirable effects... for the vitamins, as I dropped my calories to lose weight, I assumed that I may not reach the required amount. I target 1.5-2 lbs / week. From what I seen, It should not be too agressive. And I keep my protein intake to around 180 g/day (@ 172 pounds).
You can do vitamins, but you're probably fine not to as well. If you think they help, keep at it.

I doubt you will see or notice a difference with the test booster unless you are already low T. Placebo is a hell of a thing though.

FWIW, the program you are running is the same I am doing - and I enjoy this system more than anything else I've done in ~15 years of lifting.

turkey_sandwich

Reaction score

New Threads