Trying to gain 10 pounds of lean muscle in 12 months...2 cycles.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I reiterate, fat storage is relative to diet. Drugs are not a fix for fat gain.

Just do 500mg of testosterone, and if you're stupidly paranoid about gaining fat (you shouldn't be, it's part of the process) then just lower your caloric intake slightly.

Reaction score
fat gain is normal, it can't be avoided if you are serious about putting on mass. If you're that concerned then lower your caloric intake, because it's diet that determines how much fat gets stored... drugs have little to do with that.

You gained 14lbs in 8 weeks last time, so just do 500mg of testosterone again. If it isn't broke then don't fix it.
Thanks @Send0 , my plan is too aggressive, I will repeat the same doseage 500 and bump this in a few months with the progress update. I think I can still get stimulus if I up the caloric intake to 20% surplus instead of 15

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Thanks @Send0 , my plan is too aggressive, I will repeat the same doseage 500 and bump this in a few months with the progress update. I think I can still get stimulus if I up the caloric intake to 20% surplus instead of 15
good, don't be afraid of slight fat gain. It's normal, and trying to avoid that will give you sub par results.

Good luck

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score

You'll gain weight in any surplus. You don't need to go crazy.

Reaction score

@CJ Thanks, keeping the foods clean too

Yes I am googling while doing my planning and with the heavy surplus this study says I will get really fat if I want the max muscle gain so I guess there is no way around it and choose my poison if I want max fat gain and maximum muscle gain or moderate in both

--- yeah I won't go crazy it will put on too much fat I'll stick to a reasonable 10-15% surplus and track the foods

Reaction score
Are we not gonna talk about how wildly impressive those lifts are for 161lbs?
@TomJ Thank you --- want to get as strong as possible right now though I am aware my legs have to get stronger because my bench is my best movement...I have to stop being a puss and squat more

I switched my programming to focus more on leg work and the primary focus of cycle is going to be leg strength

Reading your guides in your bio - great info there - the underestimating what failure is and knowing what RIR to keep - I am just really grasping the importance of this because my first cycle I trained incredibly stupid and randomly and wasted the potential of the first time. Need to be smarter this time.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Are we not gonna talk about how wildly impressive those lifts are for 161lbs?
I imagined he looked something like DLTBB, given that DLTBB is something like 5'6" @ 180lbs.

Since the OP is only 5'3", wouldn't his ROM be a factor in how much he might be able to lift? Or do you still think lifting 315 for 4 reps is not likely?

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
If youre running long ester test like cyp or enth, you need to run your cycle longer. 12-14 weeks Id say.

Not much really happens til week 6 for most people.

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
I imagined he looked something like DLTBB, given that DLTBB is something like 5'6" @ 180lbs.

Since the OP is only 5'3", wouldn't his ROM be a factor in how much he might be able to lift? Or do you still think lifting 315 for 4 reps is not likely?
Maybe on the deadlift.

Not on the bench of squat to any meaningful degree.

I want to see videos

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
If you are after strength and size, deca and test is your bread and butter, or NPP.

If you are going to cycle no matter what anyone says, 500 test is as far as you need to go, no need for 750. If you were a much larger guy, 750 might be ok, it was for me but I got to 285lb.

You can do 500 test and 300 deca or npp and do just fine, you can even do less on both.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Although, EQ will trump deca and npp if you need help eating, that shit will have you eating well.

So, deca and test for pure strength and size but if eating is an issue on a cycle EQ will be your friend. I didn't have issues eating on a cycle, I wanted it too much to not eat.

Reaction score
Although, EQ will trump deca and npp if you need help eating, that shit will have you eating well.

So, deca and test for pure strength and size but if eating is an issue on a cycle EQ will be your friend. I didn't have issues eating on a cycle, I wanted it too much to not eat.
The reason for thinking about the EQ was the appetite - but I do agree with posters above I probably don't need a gram of stuff because I am small in stature and its probably not all needed I think EQ may really help with the bulk - may try to run moderate dose of test and EQ but have to continue to research.

Deca and NPP I cannot take because it interacts negatively with finasteride and I have long ass hair

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Ten pounds of "lean muscle" as opposed to what? Ten pound lbs of "fat muscle"?

Probably best to start by being realistic. 3-5 pounds of muscle in a year is excellent for any bodybuilder. Sorry to piss in anybody's Cheerios, but you aren't gaining 10 pounds of pure muscle in a year. Don't believe me? Go ahead and lean down to single digit body fat. Then go ahead and "bulk" ( stupid fkn word) and when you think you've gained your 10 pounds of muscle go ahead and lean down to the same body fat you were when you started the bulk. You will not be 10 pounds heavier.

Reaction score
Ten pounds of "lean muscle" as opposed to what? Ten pound lbs of "fat muscle"?

Probably best to start by being realistic. 3-5 pounds of muscle in a year is excellent for any bodybuilder. Sorry to piss in anybody's Cheerios, but you aren't gaining 10 pounds of pure muscle in a year. Don't believe me? Go ahead and lean down to single digit body fat. Then go ahead and "bulk" ( stupid fkn word) and when you think you've gained your 10 pounds of muscle go ahead and lean down to the same body fat you were when you started the bulk. You will not be 10 pounds heavier.
Spot on here. I just got bloods back this morning, my bulk was way too aggressive and I fcked my cholesterol went up 60 points in 4-5 months... got the gains but fcked the cholesterol and LDL

So yes gentleman you are correct too much too soon, will back off and focus on health markers

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-03-28 at 10.38.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-03-28 at 10.38.47 AM.png
    145.8 KB · Views: 7

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
Spot on here. I just got bloods back this morning, my bulk was way too aggressive and I fcked my cholesterol went up 60 points in 4-5 months... got the gains but fcked the cholesterol and LDL

So yes gentleman you are correct too much too soon, will back off and focus on health markers
this wa off gear?
when were you last on?