Where should you feel tension when deadlifting whats correct form?

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
No clips in the old days when plates were made of metal and they rattled when you pressed.

Now I use em cuz you cant hear rubber doing shit either way.

TBD

Reaction score
Where should you feel tension when deadlifting? I am doing a GreySkull LP a linear progression program

-if I hip hinge and keep my legs kind of straight I can feel more tension in my my hamstrings
-if I don't do this I don't feel it in my hamstrings
If you're doing traditional DLs you'll feel it more in your quads. If you're doing Romanian DLs, where you keep your shins more vertical and the bar closer, you'll feel it more in your hams.

There are plenty of YT videos for each. The way I got the form right was having my wife watch them, then did them each with a very lightly-loaded bar--working on just the form, and had her critique my form.

Last question a bonus question
- why don't most popular 24-hour gyms have any safety bars for benching? this means I cannot do a proper linear progression program like grey skull which I am doing, as if I go near to failure I could end up crushing myself with the barbell
I leave the clips off if I'm going to be pushing to (near) failure, so I can dump the plates if necessary. A bit tricky to control the bar when you dump one side, though. Got to be ready for it. Best to practice it with a more lightly-loaded bar so you know what to expect.

New Threads