Why do iron weights feel heavier?

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
So a pound of rocks is heavier than a pound of feathers? Even though both are a pound? 😝

ICARIAN machines were the best ever made IMO. That T-Bar Row works really well.
I've had limited exposure to them, but that piece, I'm a fan of.

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
Yeah, those things are wild.

Worth noting that "harder" doesn;t necessarily mean better. Some of those old Icarian rigs have dogshit force curves.

Which ones?

I've used a decent amount of their machines but not all of them. I loved the ones I tried.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Which ones?

I've used a decent amount of their machines but not all of them. I loved the ones I tried.
The old Icarian pec deck with the big vertical pads comes to mind. That thing was a fucking atrocity

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
The old Icarian pec deck with the big vertical pads comes to mind. That thing was a fucking atrocity

My old gym didn't have that. But looking at it online, it doesn't look very promising. 😂

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
For fucks sake always lift the heavier one ... if you perceive that to the iron one ALWAYS lift that one ...

buck

Reaction score
Weights are often not accurate and are a rough guess. There is a reason that certified weights are used in competitions. I lifted in a gym that had certified weights. But one of my buddies like to go down the street to the Gold's gym to lift as his bench went up 35 pounds with their weights.

Reaction score
For Dumbells I’ve found grip size and shape play a huge roll in stability which directly relates to the amount of struggle bus to use them.

32-34mm straight knurled grips FTMFW

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
For Dumbells I’ve found grip size and shape play a huge roll in stability which directly relates to the amount of struggle bus to use them.

32-34mm straight knurled grips FTMFW

This is a factor that cannot possibly be ignored.

I'm used to big fat grips on dumbbells but my new gym has a standard type knurled bar. Definitely helps with forearm development, or at least so it seems.