10 COMMANDMENTS you should OBEY as you learn to live a bodybuilding lifestyle.

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
So I guess you want our ideas. Well I think being driven goal oriented and dedicated are utmost important. But there needs to be flexabality too.

#2 is incorrect. Don't stick to a program if it stops working. The human body is designed to adapt to hard times. You have to keep changing the stress to make adaption continue.

#4 sometimes all I need is a week off to get motivated enough to make gains again. So don't be a slacker but listen to your body if it needs a break. Don't train through an injury. You are better off taking time off to recover fully.

#9 I say always lie to yourself. Never lie to others. If you are going for a personal best unless you are prepared to lie to yourself it won't happen. Convince yourself you can do more than before and you will. Assure yourself what you did last time was your best and last time will always be better than this time.

Other than that sure I'd print it out and hang it on my gym wall.

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
Thought this deserved more reads. So have a free bump.

eazy

Elite
Reaction score
Thought this deserved more reads. So have a free bump.
A better title would be

10 COMMANDMENTS you should OBEY as you learn to live a bodybuilding lifestyle.​

people on facebook go on fitness journeys.

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
#4 sometimes all I need is a week off to get motivated enough to make gains again. So don't be a slacker but listen to your body if it needs a break. Don't train through an injury. You are better off taking time off to recover fully

Then you've got Kevin Levrone who wouldn't lift weights for a chunk of the year but managed to be one of the best bodybuilders of all-time anyway.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
A better title would be

10 COMMANDMENTS you should OBEY as you learn to live a bodybuilding lifestyle.​

people on facebook go on fitness journeys.

Done!

BigChief1

Reaction score
For me the #1 is mastering my mind. In most endeavors I’m my own worst enemy. When I can flip the switch and set my mind to something then there is no stopping me.

Personally for something like this if you don’t have your head screwed on straight you’re setting yourself up for mediocrity. Face it the shit is hard and a constant gut check.

If someone isn’t all in mentally they usually routinely skip workouts. Have cheat days just for the fuck of it, dip out on the hard reps and constantly provide excuses of why they are dragging hind tit.

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
Then you've got Kevin Levrone who wouldn't lift weights for a chunk of the year but managed to be one of the best bodybuilders of all-time anyway.
Big rammi too. He would have months off.