Blood Work and Disclosure to Doctors

Ace Corona

Reaction score
When you get blood work done before and during using AAS, do you disclose to your doctor that you're on gear, or is it better to keep it a secret? Theoretically, a doctor could rat you out to the feds. Would you trust a doctor with your AAS use?

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
well, mine knows but that's because he is also a hormone Dr. and is cool as shit but I don't think 99 % of them are :(

IronSoul

Elite
Reaction score
When you get blood work done before and during using AAS, do you disclose to your doctor that you're on gear, or is it better to keep it a secret? Theoretically, a doctor could rat you out to the feds. Would you trust a doctor with your AAS use?

I thought that legally, they had to keep your information within themselves and the hospital.

Ace Corona

Reaction score
I thought that legally, they had to keep your information within themselves and the hospital.

That's what I'm trying to figure out, I wanted people here to share their success or horror stories about trusting doctors with that information

IronSoul

Elite
Reaction score
That's what I'm trying to figure out, I wanted people here to share their success or horror stories about trusting doctors with that information

I'm pretty sure that they have to keep that information private. But under circumstances that high law enforcement had a reason an proper court ordered paperwork to access your records, then they could see. But only if your dr documents your use in your file. May be able to just keep that between you and the doc and outta the paperwork. There are some docs out there that will work with you and won't be complete assholes, but also just the opposite. I'll find out I a few weeks how it goes for me lol. I'll let you know my new experience bro.

Luscious Lei

Reaction score
You shouldn't worry about your Doc passing info to LE, there's few chance it will happen, you should worry about your Doc passing the info to your Health Insurance, because he will do it in 99% of the cases, which will lead you to get kicked out by them with a chance to be accepted by another HI close to zero.

That's very basic knowledge of why you should pretty much never disclose your AAS use to your doc unless you have a particular relationship with him/her.

IronSoul

Elite
Reaction score
You shouldn't worry about your Doc passing info to LE, there's few chance it will happen, you should worry about your Doc passing the info to your Health Insurance, because he will do it in 99% of the cases, which will lead you to get kicked out by them with a chance to be accepted by another HI close to zero.

That's very basic knowledge of why you should pretty much never disclose your AAS use to your doc unless you have a particular relationship with him/her.

Good point about the insurance. I didn't even think about that. Why would a doc share that with an insurance company, knowing what would happen? That's pretty shitty

Luscious Lei

Reaction score
Good point about the insurance. I didn't even think about that. Why would a doc share that with an insurance company, knowing what would happen? That's pretty shitty

Because if he doesn't and a health issue related to his well-known AAS abuse pops up he will be sued by the HI Company and most likely lose his license.
To be insured you're supposed to be eligible for it and obvioulsy abusing scheduled substances takes you out of the eligible pool.

IronSoul

Elite
Reaction score
Because if he doesn't and a health issue related to his well-known AAS abuse pops up he will be sued by the HI Company and most likely lose his license.
To be insured you're supposed to be eligible for it and obvioulsy abusing scheduled substances takes you out of the eligible pool.

I got ya, makes sense. Thanks for the info bro

Luscious Lei

Reaction score
There's a reason why getting bloods done through anonymous labs is emphasized when you juice.
It's not even about "telling" it or not to your Doc, if you do your bloods through him he will get the results as well and it won't take him long to figure it out, he will most likely inform your HI about it and then you're ****ed.

Beefcake

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You can get blood work done on your own without your personal doctor. There's a sticky somewhere here on it. I wouldn't tell my doctor but if I did then there is a patient/doctor confidentiality agreement. He can't narc you out.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
something else I thought of, my Dr. is still writes my shit on a chart. I don't know if it's only a law here or if it's part of the OB Care but they are having to go to an electronic system by a certain time and once that happens...nothing will be a secret.

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
A doctor cannot legally share your information with LE. It violates HIPAA confidentiality and without proof that you authorized the disclosure of medical information the doctor can be dealt with through fines all the way up to criminal charges. Any illegal info obtained by LE would not be admissible in court anyway.

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score

A doctor doesn't share that kind of info. What usually happens is that they may see something weird on your bloodwork for example. Test levels through the roof. This would go in your medical file. Health and life insurance companies are provided access to your medical record so anything in there they are privy to.

IronSoul

Elite
Reaction score
A doctor doesn't share that kind of info. What usually happens is that they may see something weird on your bloodwork for example. Test levels through the roof. This would go in your medical file. Health and life insurance companies are provided access to your medical record so anything in there they are privy to.

Oh ok that makes sense. So is there anyway that an insurance company could ask that you be tested for AAS use or be declined insurance or anything like that? I'm wondering how exactly an insurance company may respond to just seeing test levels high. I'm sure it's all based on individual basis and who's on the other end t the insurance company, but I'm sure there's some kids of protocol they follow to look into right? I'm glad this thread was started. Learning a lot here that I need to know.

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
Oh ok that makes sense. So is there anyway that an insurance company could ask that you be tested for AAS use or be declined insurance or anything like that? I'm wondering how exactly an insurance company may respond to just seeing test levels high. I'm sure it's all based on individual basis and who's on the other end t the insurance company, but I'm sure there's some kids of protocol they follow to look into right? I'm glad this thread was started. Learning a lot here that I need to know.

Are you talking health insurance or life insurance?

Ace Corona

Reaction score
One thing I thought I'd mention, I take psychiatric medication and I get my blood drawn a couple of times a year, and the last time I got my blood results back I asked my psyche doctor if the readout showed my testosterone levels, and she said no, they have to request that and it costs a lot of money, so this tells me that regular blood work probably won't alert a doctor that you have high test levels if you're on gear.

IronSoul

Elite
Reaction score
One thing I thought I'd mention, I take psychiatric medication and I get my blood drawn a couple of times a year, and the last time I got my blood results back I asked my psyche doctor if the readout showed my testosterone levels, and she said no, they have to request that and it costs a lot of money, so this tells me that regular blood work probably won't alert a doctor that you have high test levels if you're on gear.

That's awesome to know. Thanks for sharing ace

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

If you are getting any type of term life or whole life insurance policy yes they can ask you to take not only a blood test but a full physical is often required especially for policies with a high pay out. If its just 50K through your employer then its very rare since often there is an open enrolment and employees are exempted unless a high policy is requested. Like 500K and up then one should expect to go in for an exam that will include a blood test. They are not looking for steroid use but illness and other things not known or disclosed by the policy holder.

Regular health insurance I don't know.

Doc is 100% on point about HIPPA and admissibility of evidence not obtained by proper protocol. AKA the fruit of a poisonous tree doctrine.

BIG CYBER HUG COMMING YOUR WAY DOC...Thank you.

Fruit of the Poisonous Tree

An extension of the exclusionary rule established in Silverthorne Lumber Co. v. United States, 251 U.S. 385 (1920). This doctrine holds that evidence gathered with the assistance of illegally obtained information must be excluded from trial. Thus, if an illegal interrogation leads to the discovery of physical evidence, both the interrogation and the physical evidence may be excluded, the interrogation because of the exclusionary rule, and the physical evidence because it is the “fruit” of the illegal interrogation. This doctrine is subject to three of important exceptions. The evidence will not be excluded (1) if it was discovered from a source independent of the illegal activity; (2) its discovery was inevitable; or (3) if there is attenuation between the illegal activity and the discovery of the evidence.

Last edited:

New Threads